Does catching them on the battlefield planting, building or setting off bombs and killing us and our allies make them perceived or not? Just curious as to how high that bar is. What about actively recruiting homicide bombers or slaughtering villagers who don't attack us on their behalf? What about raping and mutilating those who wish to remain neutral because they are not "real" Muslims. Would getting iris scans and GFR from them in repeated locations of attacks on our troops make them enemies?

Obviously, they are misunderstood and we are ruthless in our oppression. I get that. I'm just not sure that word perceived means what you think it means.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    We snatched people off the streets of major cities. We grabbed them as they were leaving work. I think I might like a fair trial and to be actually accused of a crime formally if that were me. Your fear is driving your decision making.
    Captain_Hilts likes this.
    02-25-16 05:34 PM
    Does catching them on the battlefield planting, building or setting off bombs and killing us and our allies make them perceived or not? Just curious as to how high that bar is. What about actively recruiting homicide bombers or slaughtering villagers who don't attack us on their behalf? What about raping and mutilating those who wish to remain neutral because they are not "real" Muslims. Would getting iris scans and GFR from them in repeated locations of attacks on our troops make them enemies?

Obviously, they are misunderstood and we are ruthless in our oppression. I get that. I'm just not sure that word perceived means what you think it means.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    Not every one was caught planting, building, or setting off bombs. Not every one actively recruited "homicide bombers" or slaughtered villagers. Not every one raped or mutilated those they perceived to be fake Muslims.

You say "I get that" (of course you're trying to use it in a clever manner), but I don't think that phrase means what you think it means, because you don't get much of anything. You seem to think that imprisonment equates to guilt, that people in prison are only in prison because they belong in prison. What would you say to the countless individuals (mostly men of color) freed from unjust imprisonment in America either because of racism inherent in the system or due to faulty evidence or no evidence? Would you tell them to go back, arguing that they are in fact guilty because of the simple fact that they were IN prison?

No one here said that those in Guantanamo are misunderstood while we are ruthless in our oppression. Again, if you want to argue, look at what we actually say instead of spouting this divisive garbage that's only meant to accuse those on the political left of loving terrorists.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 05:37 PM
    Not every one was caught planting, building, or setting off bombs. Not every one actively recruited "homicide bombers" or slaughtered villagers. Not every one raped or mutilated those they perceived to be fake Muslims.

You say "I get that" (of course you're trying to use it in a clever manner), but I don't think that phrase means what you think it means, because you don't get much of anything. You seem to think that imprisonment equates to guilt, that people in prison are only in prison because they belong in prison. What would you say to the countless individuals (mostly men of color) freed from unjust imprisonment in America either because of racism inherent in the system or due to faulty evidence or no evidence? Would you tell them to go back, arguing that they are in fact guilty because of the simple fact that they were IN prison?

No one here said that those in Guantanamo are misunderstood while we are ruthless in our oppression. Again, if you want to argue, look at what we actually say instead of spouting this divisive garbage that's only meant to accuse those on the political left of loving terrorists.

Posted via CB10
    Innocent until proven guilty. An American staple lost on those filled with fear.
    02-25-16 06:38 PM
    Unrelated to anything, but:
    02-25-16 06:40 PM
    I prefer Trump...
    02-25-16 07:24 PM
    Innocent until proven guilty. An American staple lost on those filled with fear.
    Exactly. Scary, ain't it? And then they say, "Well, if the tables were turned, would they show US mercy?" Of course they wouldn't! And that's exactly what makes us better than terrorist organizations. We have laws, principles. They don't. We don't (or shouldn't) govern by fear, extreme religious doctrine, or hatred. They do. Why would anyone think that a good way for us to beat terrorists is to compromise our principles?

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    02-25-16 07:42 PM
    Does catching them on the battlefield planting, building or setting off bombs and killing us and our allies make them perceived or not? Just curious as to how high that bar is. ."
    Wasn't our ship floating in their waters?
    02-25-16 10:52 PM
    Iran also promotes terrorist activities toward Isreal. .
    I lost my program, why is it again we love Israel so much? And treat them better than we do our own citizens?

I'm just wondering why it upsets you that Iran says "boo" to Israel when I thought the objective was eliminate Government, everyone get their own gun and defend what's yours... And since we give Israel all their guns for free, shouldn't we just tell them to build a wall or something?

By the way, I find it funny we now want to build a wall after telling the Russians to tear theirs down...
    grover5 likes this.
    02-25-16 11:00 PM
    The sad reality is that people dont get out and vote.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    02-25-16 11:02 PM
    The sad reality is that people dont get out and vote.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    Because we passed laws, like the voter id laws, that makes some shy of the polling place....

But you're right, if everyone would go vote, we could vote out the guys who make those laws...
    grover5 likes this.
    02-25-16 11:38 PM
    Because we passed laws, like the voter id laws, that makes some shy of the polling place....

But you're right, if everyone would go vote, we could vote out the guys who make those laws...
    Also people don't vote because they can't afford to take time off work.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    grover5 and Soapm like this.
    02-26-16 07:47 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Which is exactly why election day should be a national holiday, but republicans know that if they did that, they'd never win another national election ever again and would probably lose a lot of congressional races as well. Their strategy, along with gerrymandering, is therefore to make voting as difficult as possible because voting is apparently a privilege, not a right.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    02-26-16 09:05 AM

Low voter turnouts were happening long before any voter ID laws were enacted.

Year Voting Age Pop Turnout Turnout %
    1932 75,768 39,817 52.6%
    1936 80,174 45,647 56.9%
    1940 84,728 49,815 58.8%
    1944 85,654 48,026 56.1%
    1948 95,573 48,834 51.1%
    1952 99,929 61,552 61.6%
    1956 104,515 62,027 59.3%
    1960 109,672 68,836 62.8%
    1964 114,090 70,098 61.4%
    1968 120,285 73,027 60.7%
    1972 140,777 77,625 55.1%
    1976 152,308 81,603 53.6%
    1980 163,945 86,497 52.8%
    1984 173,995 92,655 53.3%
    1988 181,956 91,587 50.3%
    1992 189,493 104,600 55.2%
    1996 196,789 96,390 49.0%
    2000 209,787 105,594 50.3%
    2004 219,553 122,349 55.7%
    2008 229,945 131,407 57.1%
    2012 235,248 129,235 54.9%
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-26-16 09:46 AM
    Which is exactly why election day should be a national holiday, but republicans know that if they did that, they'd never win another national election ever again and would probably lose a lot of congressional races as well. Their strategy, along with gerrymandering, is therefore to make voting as difficult as possible because voting is apparently a privilege, not a right.

Posted via CB10
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the laugh.

If there was a national holiday enabling everyone to vote without any worry of loss of pay, then both parties would need to reevaluate their political strategies. As would the big corporate machines that drive both the Republican and Democratic parties.
    ikalinin and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    02-26-16 09:52 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    I'm sorry, but give me a break! Compare this to black friday lines, iphone sale lines, rioting, etc... we're talking about an hour. Most places open early and close late. If people 'wanted to, they would. People like to complain and say nothing gets done, and at the same time, choose not to do anything about it during the one time that we can actually make a difference.. so it aggravates me that every four years, we get all these "politicians" on facebook and everything demanding change and telling us what they would do, or who they'd support and how this one sucks, and that one sucks etc.. yet, dont go out and vote..
    middbrew and misterabrasive like this.
    02-26-16 10:29 AM
    Top Reasons Cited for Not Voting Percent
    Too busy conflicting schedule 17.5
    Illness or disability 14.9
    Not interested 13.4
    Did not like candidates or campaign issues 12.9
    Other 11.3
    Out of town 8.8
    Don’t know 7.0
    Registration problems 6.0
    Inconvienient polling place 2.7
    Transportation problems 2.6
    Forgot 2.6
    Bad weather 0.2
    02-26-16 10:40 AM
    I'm sorry, but give me a break! Compare this to black friday lines, iphone sale lines, rioting, etc... we're talking about an hour. Most places open early and close late. If people 'wanted to, they would. People like to complain and say nothing gets done, and at the same time, choose not to do anything about it during the one time that we can actually make a difference.. so it aggravates me that every four years, we get all these "politicians" on facebook and everything demanding change and telling us what they would do, or who they'd support and how this one sucks, and that one sucks etc.. yet, dont go out and vote..
    Your line is an hour long. Try voting in a mostly black neighborhood. Some stand in line for several hours up to all day. The more affluent areas have new machines and lots of them. The poor black areas have old equipment and many have been removed. You take away early voting, limit the number of machines and all of the sudden the poor black neighborhoods struggle to get the vote out in the swing states like Ohio. While your orchestrating this subversion of democracy you shout from the rooftops how much you love merica and freedom.
    02-26-16 10:44 AM
    Your line is an hour long. Try voting in a mostly black neighborhood. Some stand in line for several hours up to all day. The more affluent areas have new machines and lots of them. The poor black areas have old equipment and many have been removed. You take away early voting, limit the number of machines and all of the sudden the poor black neighborhoods struggle to get the vote out in the swing states like Ohio. While your orchestrating this subversion of democracy you shout from the rooftops how much you love merica and freedom.
    There are steps people can take to avoid this. early voting and/or vote at a different location.
    02-26-16 11:03 AM
    There are steps people can take to avoid this. early voting and/or vote at a different location.
    You have to vote at your location. You can't just choose one. You missed the part where the early voting was eliminated or severely cut back in the same states due to "cost". I have to be honest, I'm pretty surprised to hear you suggest voting at a different location. Have you voted before?
    02-26-16 01:02 PM
    You have to vote at your location. You can't just choose one. You missed the part where the early voting was eliminated or severely cut back in the same states due to "cost". I have to be honest, I'm pretty surprised to hear you suggest voting at a different location. Have you voted before?
    I missed where early voting was being eliminated or severely cut as well. Last I heard Obama had backed the Presidential Commission on Election Administration's recommendation to expand early voting.

The problem with early voting, according to a study by The Pew Research Center, is that it actually reduces voter turnout.
    02-26-16 01:11 PM
    I missed where early voting was being eliminated or severely cut as well. Last I heard Obama had backed the Presidential Commission on Election Administration's recommendation to expand early voting.

The problem with early voting, according to a study by The Pew Research Center, is that it actually reduces voter turnout.
    There are a ton of links out there but here is one...

http://www.thenation.com/article/gop...-swing-states/
    02-26-16 01:23 PM
    There are a ton of links out there but here is one...

GOP Steps Up Attack on Early Voting in Key Swing States | The Nation
    Thanks for the link. But I still see a lot that says early voting is related to a poorer voter turnout. Not to mention it's probably unconstitutional.
    02-26-16 01:48 PM
    Thanks for the link. But I still see a lot that says early voting is related to a poorer voter turnout. Not to mention it's probably unconstitutional.
    A poorer voter turnout on election day you mean? As in because many voted early they didn't on election day. That would make sense. I'm not sure how allowing voters to vote early would mean less voting overall. To be honest I don't know how you could even accurately measure that.
    02-26-16 01:51 PM
    By saying it might be unconstitutional I mean under Article Two of the United States Constitution: Clause 4, it states that
    "The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States."
    Congress has always set a national election day to be on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November, in the year before the President's term is to expire.
    02-26-16 01:54 PM
    A poorer voter turnout on election day you mean? As in because many voted early they didn't on election day. That would make sense. I'm not sure how allowing voters to vote early would mean less voting overall. To be honest I don't know how you could even accurately measure that.
    No, I'm talking the overall results, not just on election day. As a stats person, I find it very easy to run the number and see how to measure it.
    02-26-16 01:55 PM
567 ... 1718192021 ...