It's because they have drunk the kool-aid called right to work. Otherwise known as right to fire.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    I'll see if I can find the picture of the closed union shop with the stimulus package sign right in front of it. They wouldn't take a 5% cut for the last slow down. We took a few months of 10% hours being reduced. Their factory was flattened and it is now in foreclosure a second time. The hour reduction actually worked for us because my boss scheduled each person to be off a day of work instead of just having us leave early. I actually saved a lot of gas money. The union boss still has his job though, but not any of the other workers, not even management.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    02-07-16 07:35 PM
    Wages aren't high enough in many instances. Especially at the lower end. Im pretty sure food stamps and WIC are the same thing.
    WIC is actually a highly effective program for low income Pregnant Women and young children. The program is restricted to Nutritious Whole Foods like Fruits, Vegetables, milk products, eggs and bread. While Food Stamps are a set amount of money towards almost all types of food including Junk Food.
    02-07-16 07:58 PM
    WIC is actually a highly effective program for low income Pregnant Women and young children. The program is restricted to Nutritious Whole Foods like Fruits, Vegetables, milk products, eggs and bread. While Food Stamps are a set amount of money towards almost all types of food including Junk Food.
    Exactly!

Food - We have several food programs to assist the needy. But we're still complaining!

Health - We indeed provide free and discounted health insurance through medicaid, SCHIP, Obama care, etc. But we're still complaining.

Education- We do offer free K-12 education to all Americans, as well as discount higher education via community colleges and other various programs. But we're still complaining.

Cash - Most working low-middle income American receive a tax refund that totals more than what they've actually paid in. But we're still complaining.

Now add Social Security & Medicare (partially paid for by employers), section 8 housing subsidies, after school programs, pre-kindergarten programs. And the list goes on, and on, and on, and on. And let's not forget private charity to all kind of causes.

No, I'm not advocating that these gov. programs are be eliminated. But will the left ever stop complaining, for heavens sake!

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    dphjeff likes this.
    02-07-16 09:16 PM
    Exactly!

Food - We have several food programs to assist the needy. But we're still complaining!

Health - We indeed provide free and discounted health insurance through medicaid, SCHIP, Obama care, etc. But we're still complaining.

Education- We do offer free K-12 education to all Americans, as well as discount higher education via community colleges and other various programs. But we're still complaining.

Cash - Most working low-middle income American receive a tax refund that totals more than what they've actually paid in. But we're still complaining.

Now add Social Security & Medicare (partially paid for by employers), section 8 housing subsidies, after school programs, pre-kindergarten programs. And the list goes on, and on, and on, and on. And let's not forget private charity to all kind of causes.

No, I'm not advocating that these gov. programs are be eliminated. But will the left ever stop complaining, for heavens sake!

I'm not complaining! :-D

02-07-16 09:55 PM
    Hopefully eyes learn right-in before lection day so I cen do right en for mybrew (middbro). Dat's Y eye support picture ballots, den we can do draw en candidates...
    Last edited by Soapm; 02-07-16 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Correct spelin
    02-07-16 10:42 PM
    Exactly!

I'm going to complain until I get free socks, more minutes on my Obama phone and subsidized space travel (but will settle for free drugs...)
    02-07-16 10:51 PM
    The union boss still has his job though, but not any of the other workers, not even management.

Posted via CB10
    Not true, since most states passed "Right to work laws" union work is mostly being done by, well, shall I say skeptical labor. Don't believe me, drive up to a housing development with a white van and see if you can find any workers...
    02-07-16 10:58 PM
    They were out of town union bosses who are still employed by the union who called the Bluff of the company who was in trouble because of the downtown. Cut costs or move out of country.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 08:06 AM
    The Government needs to focus on tax reform and incentives for training and job creation by the private sector. If the politics were removed, it is not rocket science.

When the possibility of being fired is removed, then productivity goes down.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 09:16 AM
    The Government needs to focus on tax reform and incentives for training and job creation by the private sector. If the politics were removed, it is not rocket science.

Posted via CB10
    Apply it to both the private sector and public sector. We can use a few pink slips handed out

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 11:14 AM
    Wages aren't high enough in many instances. Especially at the lower end. Im pretty sure food stamps and WIC are the same thing.
    Raise every one to 100$ an hour problem solved!

"Free stuff free stuff free stuff free stuff" Bernie or Hillary for sure !

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    02-08-16 06:26 PM
    It's a shame that the average American doesn't know how bad there working conditions are and how few rights they really have, the land of the Free is long gone...it now belongs to a Corporation...but keep Dreaming the Dream, maybe some day it will come true or even better Wake up and change something.
    You're right. I wish we were a true Worker's Paradise!

02-08-16 06:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then that would make the US the most productive country's in the World and not the ones at the top of the list with the most employee rights.

Who is your US presidential candidate?-img_20160209_021321.png

" Freedom never take a day off "
    02-08-16 07:15 PM
    Raise every one to 100$ an hour problem solved!

"Free stuff free stuff free stuff free stuff" Bernie or Hillary for sure !

You seem like someone who actually believes in that "free stuff" accusation against progressives and the Democratic party, as if all people on the left do is not work and then play the victim. I'm sorry, but more Americans are working more jobs for longer hours while getting less in return. Unions have been decimated not because they're actually a negative concept (international, longitudinal studies show time and time again that countries (and states) with strong unions have higher standards of living, higher wages, and greater overall prosperity), but because they hinder a corporation's ability to exploit their workers, and when politicians are in those corporations' pockets, well it's "Bye-bye, unions." We don't have basic human rights of universal health-care and paid maternity leave (because capitalism and privatization are more important than humanity). Meanwhile, corporate profits rise as salaries and wages are kept low and the global labor force is intentionally transitioned to an enormous pool of unskilled wage laborers.

These are problems inherent to global neoliberal capitalism, which is dehumanizing by default, and only the republican candidates believe that the one answer to the problems of capitalism is more capitalism (kinda funny for a bunch of people who would probably get into a fistfight arguing over who is more christian). I'll be voting for either Hillary or Bernie.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 02:10 AM
    You seem like someone who actually believes in that "free stuff" accusation against progressives and the Democratic party, as if all people on the left do is not work and then play the victim. I'm sorry, but more Americans are working more jobs for longer hours while getting less in return. Unions have been decimated not because they're actually a negative concept (international, longitudinal studies show time and time again that countries (and states) with strong unions have higher standards of living, higher wages, and greater overall prosperity), but because they hinder a corporation's ability to exploit their workers, and when politicians are in those corporations' pockets, well it's "Bye-bye, unions." We don't have basic human rights of universal health-care and paid maternity leave (because capitalism and privatization are more important than humanity). Meanwhile, corporate profits rise as salaries and wages are kept low and the global labor force is intentionally transitioned to an enormous pool of unskilled wage laborers.

These are problems inherent to global neoliberal capitalism, which is dehumanizing by default, and only the republican candidates believe that the one answer to the problems of capitalism is more capitalism (kinda funny for a bunch of people who would probably get into a fistfight arguing over who is more christian). I'll be voting for either Hillary or Bernie.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for stating this much clearer than I could.

02-09-16 04:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thankfully my company outsourced work away from the overly unionized location they call home. I work for a French company. The way the states are going they may just go home and take the jobs with them

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 08:13 AM
    Living in Canada I will tell you higher wages mean higher everything. Our firefighters up here make 90 to 100,000 a year, our teachers make around 90 plus benefits. Don't think that hasn't raised our taxes.

Posted via CB10
    medic22003 likes this.
    02-09-16 09:37 AM
    So, you're voting for me as well. Thanks.
    If I was in the US I'd vote for you.

Posted via CB10
    middbrew likes this.
    02-09-16 10:27 AM
    Living in Canada I will tell you higher wages mean higher everything. Our firefighters up here make 90 to 100,000 a year, our teachers make around 90 plus benefits. Don't think that hasn't raised our taxes.

Posted via CB10
    True but we have higher corporate taxes. We're number 1! We're number 1!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 11:12 AM
    So when does this thread get axed?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 11:13 AM
    What we need is a political climate that rewards companies for creating training programs and good paying jobs.

The present tax and regulatory structure discourages this.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 11:34 AM
    Dwight Eisenhower taxed the hell out if the United States and we built the Interstate Highway system. Tax cuts have ruined this country. We either need to go back to the tax system of the 1950's or stop policing the world and putting our kids in harms way for nothing or hopefully do both.

Eisenhower warned of the military industrial complex. Combine that with big oil and big banks and you have the situation we were in in 2008.

These Republicans want to roll back things to the way they were. I guess they mean gas at 5 dollars a gallon and double digit unemployment.

Obama did a great job considering what he was left with.

Now I'm going to vote for "the commie" so he can finish extracting us from the Republican cesspool.

Democrats and centrists are to blame for one thing: not showing up to the polls. And not heeding history. From Hoover to George W. Bush a Republican run government equals a disaster.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    grover5 and DaDaDogg like this.
    02-09-16 11:41 AM
    Would someone explain how Bernie is going to grow the economy.

On the other hand, as I am ready to retire (I can as did it the old fashion way, lived within my means and saved, no pension) I might take my money and put under my mattress and let you take care of me.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 11:53 AM
    Dwight Eisenhower taxed the hell out if the United States and we built the Interstate Highway system. Tax cuts have ruined this country. We either need to go back to the tax system of the 1950's or stop policing the world and putting our kids in harms way for nothing or hopefully do both.

Eisenhower warned of the military industrial complex. Combine that with big oil and big banks and you have the situation we were in in 2008.

These Republicans want to roll back things to the way they were. I guess they mean gas at 5 dollars a gallon and double digit unemployment.

Obama did a great job considering what he was left with.

Now I'm going to vote for "the commie" so he can finish extracting us from the Republican cesspool.

Democrats and centrists are to blame for one thing: not showing up to the polls. And not heeding history. From Hoover to George W. Bush a Republican run government equals a disaster.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    You do know that you can achieve pay more than what the irs says. You just can't pay less. Oh the highway system was made for backup runways for military aircraft

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 01:17 PM
    Ted Cruz Republican to avoid World War III

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 01:42 PM
567 ... 45678 ...