It's amazing isn't it? I'm sure you find me and my way of thinking (being a Bernie fan) as alien as I find you liking Rubio. Yet I'm sure we both sincerely think we have the countries best interest at heart.

No matter what I know I'll vote for the Democrat at the end but I hope Trump beats Cruz in the primary.

I hope Rubio beats Cruz too. I guess I'd take anything over Cruz. He really scares me.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    I do find your position alien, no doubt you would mine too if I shared all. But you are correct. People from both sides can be good people, loving their country, and only wanting the best.

I have about 25 yrs of voting behind me. I've never been so discouraged by the choices. This is where I will alien out on you... whomever the next President is will only be in power because God allowed it. I'll find comfort in His greater plan.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-31-16 06:45 PM
    Bernie is the man. His logic worked for Soviets, why shouldn't it work here?

Sarcasm aside. 60 years of all kind of social programs (Food Stamps (free food), Medicaid (free health care), public schools (free education), Obamacare (free/discounted health care), college grants (higher-education assistance), etc. etc. etc.) and we're still complaining that the lower-middle class is squeezed. What else should we do? Throw $100 bills from an Apache helicopter? "If only we pass X, all the problems will go away." Baloney! It's "I'm fighting 4 the middle class because I need votes", stupid!

BTW, most of the above is paid for by, you guessed it, the EVIL RICH.

So what else have we got? Hillary (all slogan populist, corrupt), Trumpy (Narcissistic, rude, classless), and Cruzy (hyper-idealistic).

We're doomed!

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    01-31-16 06:59 PM
    Damn, no one talks about Rand Paul.
    Our elections are a joke and the media gives all the attention to one or two candidates that people think it's just them and their vote should be for one of those two, it's unfortunate.
    What Bernie Sanders doesn't care about is the money, he just thinks we have all this money in the world and that we can pay up for everything, it's rather greedy and as republican the way it'll 'work.'

Posted via my Expired Passport
    01-31-16 07:09 PM
    So what else have we got?

We've got me. I'm doing a write in campaign.
    TomatoPaste and sam81 like this.
    01-31-16 07:36 PM
    Although I consider myself to be a conservative, I have never pulled a straight ticket lever. I've been voting for a long time now and probably voted for an equal number of republicans and democrats. I've also voted libertarian.

With that I want to remind everyone to make sure they vote for me as a write in candidate.
    I didn't know that you were a librarian. I'll definitely vote for you now. I like books.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    01-31-16 08:13 PM
    Although I consider myself to be a conservative, I have never pulled a straight ticket lever. I've been voting for a long time now and probably voted for an equal number of republicans and democrats. I've also voted libertarian.

With that I want to remind everyone to make sure they vote for me as a write in candidate.
    It says file not found. I've been trying for the last 20 hours to vote for you.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    01-31-16 08:31 PM
    I didn't know that you were a librarian. I'll definitely vote for you now. I like books.

I want to vote for you, now that I know you like books.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 08:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Damn the luck.
    01-31-16 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's too bad. I do have a bunch of people from Chicago that are going to vote for me. They go by the philosophy "vote early and vote often".
    01-31-16 08:34 PM

And here I thought he was some sort of mechanic. He's always talking about rim jobs. Hmm? I'm confused.

I'm just here to establish an alibi.
    middbrew likes this.
    01-31-16 08:44 PM
    I like Trump, but only because I don't have to share a country with him.
    I like him too because he's going to build a wall and is going to ban the members of the "religion of peace" and I too don't have to share a country with him.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    01-31-16 09:03 PM
    actually bctmike i meant exactly as i said it. just cause theres a ballot doesnt mean theres a law stating you have only that few to vote for. anyone can be voted in.. just as a majority can also vote them out if they arent satisfied with it. noones enforced it cause they havent been told any differently. they sit and accept that things are the way they are. but as a whole nation, the people dictate who governs them. not a ballot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    01-31-16 09:26 PM
    With such an empty lineup I may just throw my support behind for the candidate that shows off his/her BlackBerry PRIV in public. But I ain't yet ready to vote for Kardashian for POTUS.

01-31-16 10:01 PM
    With such an empty lineup I may just throw my support behind for the candidate that shows off his/her BlackBerry PRIV in public. But I ain't yet ready to vote for Kardashian for POTUS.

Kardashian has already been elected as PUTZ

middbrew likes this.
    01-31-16 10:35 PM
    actually bctmike i meant exactly as i said it. just cause theres a ballot doesnt mean theres a law stating you have only that few to vote for. anyone can be voted in.. just as a majority can also vote them out if they arent satisfied with it. noones enforced it cause they havent been told any differently. they sit and accept that things are the way they are. but as a whole nation, the people dictate who governs them. not a ballot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Please explain. I'm Canadian, but I've always heard about this minimum signature thingy to get on the ballot. And then there is some law about where you're born (Schwarzenegger), or whom you were born to (Ted Cruz?).

Quick Answers - Candidate
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballot_access
    So you want to run for president - politics | NBC News

Dear Consultant: I am a wealthy, former business owner who is now the chief executive of a large governmental organization. If I wanted to run for president of the United States as an independent, what do I need to do?
    Dear Sir: The short answer is you need to gather enough signatures on petitions to get on the ballot in all 50 states. And spend a LOT of money on advertising.
    01-31-16 11:08 PM
    I come from immigrant parents and I'm for a conservative plan on immigration, but Trumps idea that he will just deport everyone is beyond ridiculous and frankly, impossible to do. The country needs to blame something and these people are blaming immigrants
    No...they are blaming illegal immigrants. Big difference. People who enter a country illegally steal opportunity from a nations legitimate residents just as surely if they broke into your home and stole your possessions.

If you are here legally, you should support the Trump plan as it will secure tour childrens' futures as well.
    powereds likes this.
    01-31-16 11:10 PM
    Bernie is the man. His logic worked for Soviets, why shouldn't it work here?

Sarcasm aside. 60 years of all kind of social programs (Food Stamps (free food), Medicaid (free health care), public schools (free education), Obamacare (free/discounted health care), college grants (higher-education assistance), etc. etc. etc.) and we're still complaining that the lower-middle class is squeezed. What else should we do? Throw $100 bills from an Apache helicopter? "If only we pass X, all the problems will go away." Baloney! It's "I'm fighting 4 the middle class because I need votes", stupid!

BTW, most of the above is paid for by, you guessed it, the EVIL RICH.

So what else have we got? Hillary (all slogan populist, corrupt), Trumpy (Narcissistic, rude, classless), and Cruzy (hyper-idealistic).

We're doomed!

I don't follow the jab about the Soviets. I'd say America is corrupt, but not that corrupt.

You mean a $52 million dollar Apache helicopter? Or a $2.4 billion dollar submarine? Or a $4.5 billion dollar aircraft carrier? These are just the public figures, this doesn't fully account for the black ops accounting to show the true cost of purchase and maintenance.

Ever watch Realtime with Bill Mahar where he has this plate of food showing the breakdown of Medicare, Defense Spending, Social Aid, and other social programs? Basically, you can cut percentages from programs less than $100 million and save a few million but take food or shelter away from Americans, or cut a few percent from large programs like defense, and save BILLIONS. As demonstrated by every other country in the world, all that defense spending isn't necessary. If people really want to get out of wars and out of the business of other countries, cut Defense.

Anyone who has been in the defense sector can attest, there is very, very careless money being spent. It's like when a money manager is prudent with budget and has money saved for emergencies, and at the end of the year, there is money left and because they don't want to lose the money or get a smaller budget the next year, they spend that money on stuff that isn't needed. There are plenty of articles on expensive military gear not needed and refused because they were ordered 'just because'. Billions if not trillions over the years.

Putting money into higher education is bad? Getting people out of the poor cycle is bad? Not letting people die for financial reasons when advanced medical treatment is available down the road? The rich has tons and tons of ways of helping themselves, so you think that politicians need to put their efforts into helping the rich equally? Are there any headlines about the poor buying elections? No, its from a handful of billionaires, looking after their own interests.

My former boss who works in California has an autistic step-son. He was telling me how he was libertarian and voted Republican and hates all the social programs and should lower taxes, etc. A few years back, Time magazine had an article about all the social programs available and how people are not aware of all the subsidies that these social programs provide to people rallying against them (ie, mortgage interest tax deductions). He had no less than 24 benefits from various Californian and Federal programs. Even to someone making over $100,000 a year.

I'm reminded of an interview Craig T Nelson (Coach) had a few years back on Glenn Beck. "I've been on foodstamps and welfare, did anyone help me out? No."

The simple reason why you want to take care of society as a whole, is because its better when things are better for everyone, not just some. That's a difference between a first world and third world country. I sure as hell hate seeing homeless people on the side of the road begging for change and would love to never see it. Not by having them moved to somewhere where they aren't seen, but by homelessness not existing.

When I was a kid, our family was a recipient of a wish from the Childen's Wish Foundation for my 5 year old sister with Cancer (down to 19% survival rate). She survived, which I partially believe that the positive experience from that helped her get better. We didn't have much as my dad was out of work for a year while she was in treatment. The next time the donation can went around at school, when change was the typical donation, my mom made sure that we each put in $20. At the time, I thought that was a bit much, until I asked my mom and with a tear in her eye, explained how much it meant to us and how much the next family needs it. The Children's Wish Foundation isn't the government, but it's the same sentiment. Help out the next person when they are at their lowest, so that you can be helped out someday when you're at your lowest. These are your friends, family, and worst case, another American (or Canadian).

That time in the children's hospital and all that, would have easily been $500,000 to $1,000,000 if in the USA, if not more, and simply would not have been possible had we not lived in Canada with our social medicine. So it really infuriates me when people do not believe in social medicine model as it's literally killing good people who are not rich. I would hate to see a loved one die because there is just no way to make hundreds of thousands of dollars working extra jobs to save that life. Or the guilt of the survivor, putting someone in debt for the rest of their life or putting them in bankruptcy.

I'm really, really proud to be Canadian.
    01-31-16 11:53 PM
    No...they are blaming illegal immigrants. Big difference. People who enter a country illegally steal opportunity from a nations legitimate residents just as surely if they broke into your home and stole your possessions.

If you are here legally, you should support the Trump plan as it will secure tour childrens' futures as well.
    My mistake, I was referring to the illegal immigrants, except my parents weren't illegal immigrants.

(Not attacking you, just throwing this out there.)
    The thing is, the opportunity is there for US citizens as well, there is this fantasy that people think all the jobs are taken by illegal people, as if an illegal will be working at a retail store or a bank..

I'm in California, many illegal people here but they don't work the jobs that US citizens want, that's not happening. They can only really get crappy jobs and manual labor jobs, where do you ever see US citizens working or wanting those jobs..?
    Another thing I notice is that US born citizens are beyond lazy, I NEVER see illegal immigrants being homeless or begging for money, but I always see US born people do that, is it cause others have jobs? I doubt it.

The welfare idea.. there are more whites on welfare than blacks and asians and hispanics, go to the middle of the US and you'll notice how lazy white Americans are.

I'm in a very conservative county, one of the top 3 in the state and there are many asians, hispanics and middle eastern immigrants here, illegal and US citizens and the funny thing is that these hard right conservatives don't blame the problem on illegal immigrants to say, let's deport them all and build a wall. Like me, they know it's a problem and illegal is illegal, but they know Trumps idea is just talk and unrealistic. The wall, well that can be built and that's nothing new but this wall that will keep them out and will defend ourselves and that the Mexican government will build and pay for it? That's just funny.

If you want to know who the people are that actually know our country's problems, just ask them why we have so much debt, if they blame it on illegal people, blacks or welfare.. they don't know a thing.

Posted via my Expired Passport
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    02-01-16 05:26 AM
    My mistake, I was referring to the illegal immigrants, except my parents weren't illegal immigrants.

(Not attacking you, just throwing this out there.)
    No offense taken. I'm glad we can discuss these things like rational adults instead of just tossing insults back and forth. In the end, we all want a society that works for everyone regardless of their station in life. It's just a question of how to get there.

The thing is, the opportunity is there for US citizens as well, there is this fantasy that people think all the jobs are taken by illegal people, as if an illegal will be working at a retail store or a bank..
    You're right in saying that it's unlikely that illegal aliens will take jobs that require licenses or degrees. However, their children will be in a position to do so. They absolutely do take jobs that don't require licenses or degrees - fast food, construction, and so on. As far as not wanting jobs, it's not that people don't want to do certain sorts of jobs... it's that they don't want jobs at a given pay rate. Labor, like anything else, is a market. When you have more warm bodies chasing a given number of jobs, it drives pay rates for those jobs down. That's why establishment republicans view mass immigration so favorably. Their major donors are affiliated with the chamber of commerce and the primary policy goal they are concerned with is trying to inflate corporate bottom lines by driving down the cost of labor, regardless of the effects of this on the rest of society.

Another thing I notice is that US born citizens are beyond lazy, I NEVER see illegal immigrants being homeless or begging for money
    There are probably reasons for this that go beyond being virtuous...for instance, wanting to avoid possible entanglements with the authorities. Human nature isn't so very different from Pavlov's dog. If people see that standing on the street corner holding a sign will bring a greater return than a minimum wage job, they'll hold the sign. Beggars have been a part of human society since there have been people. In some societies they exist because people are in real need and there is no social safety net whatsoever, in others they exist because some enterprising individuals have found it more lucrative to play upon the sympathies of the public than to work.

The welfare idea.. there are more whites on welfare than blacks and asians and hispanics, go to the middle of the US and you'll notice how lazy white Americans are.
    None of this really has anything to do with race. Human nature is what it is independent of the color of our skin.

Like me, they know it's a problem and illegal is illegal, but they know Trumps idea is just talk and unrealistic. The wall, well that can be built and that's nothing new but this wall that will keep them out and will defend ourselves and that the Mexican government will build and pay for it? That's just funny.
    Building a wall is a simple matter. As far as having the Mexican government pay for it, it's simply a matter of cutting the amount of money we send them annually.

Really, this is a question that goes beyond walls, deportation, and other policy questions. The fundamental question is does the government of a nation have a responsibility to its citizens that exceeds its responsibility to others? That is, should the government of America's first and foremost concern be the well being of Americans (and by extension, the concern of Canada's the well being of Canadians, of England, the Brits, and so on).

My solution to the problem is that instead of importing people from undeveloped and underdeveloped countries at our own peril, we should be exporting the very ideas that made our nations (the EU, England, Canada, the US, Australia, and New Zealand) magnets for humanity to those countries.
    02-01-16 10:44 AM
    Carly

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 11:52 AM
    Heck, my Hispanic friends make me sound like a liberal. They complain about gov getting in the way of running a business, they pointed out to me what Trump really meant by his rash statement and they support him and others who want to limit gov.

Leadership is what counts, not political commentary. Coming together to roll up ones shirt sleeves to find common goals.

The rest is pure BS

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 11:59 AM
    Jhon Chen

Posted via Priv...
    02-01-16 12:57 PM
    Jhon Chen

Posted via Priv...
    John Cena
    02-01-16 12:58 PM
    Heck, my Hispanic friends make me sound like a liberal. They complain about gov getting in the way of running a business, they pointed out to me what Trump really meant by his rash statement and they support him and others who want to limit gov.

Leadership is what counts, not political commentary. Coming together to roll up ones shirt sleeves to find common goals.

The rest is pure BS

Posted via CB10
    Carly is great at destroying businesses like HP, Trump is famous for multiple bankruptcies with his companies. Republicans sure know how to grow businesses. "Leadership is what counts, not political commentary. Coming together to roll up ones shirt sleeves to find common goals."
    Well there's only one guy that understands that and he's been working with both sides for decades as he was an independent.
    Bernie Sanders never ran an attack ad and he's climbing the polls quickly.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    02-01-16 04:40 PM
    See, you guys really need to move to Canada, eh!

In Canada you can vote for the Rhinoceros Party. They were founded circa 1980 with an initial platform of "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll".
    In our last election one of their platforms was that they were going to blast out the Rocky Mountains in British Columbia so that Albertans (the next province to the east) would have a view of the Pacific Ocean.

So much more fun than Trump.
    TomatoPaste and bungaboy like this.
    02-01-16 04:45 PM
567 12345 ...