I really don't buy much for anyone other than my pops and step mom; all my other family live too far to see them enjoy gifts.

discuss
    12-08-08 05:14 PM
    Just for my kids this year. They are what matters. Everyone else will understand.
    12-08-08 05:17 PM
    Not really cutting anything myself. I normally cook dinner for a bunch of friends and we don't exchange gifts, so good friends, good food and great wine!
    12-08-08 09:37 PM
    I usually buy a nice ($$$) bottle of whisky to share with my dad over the holidays, but I might skip that this year...or just stick with Maker's Mark.

Otherwise, continue spoiling the nieces and nephews, and do without myself.

-neil

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 10:31 PM
    Nobody. Thankfully my job hadn't been affected. I am, however, driving home instead of flying. Eight million dollars for a roundtrip ticket? No thanks.

12-08-08 10:54 PM
    Going to spend less for all this year - It's ridiculous how much I spend last year, so not cutting anyone off, just going to be more financially reasonable this year. lol

12-08-08 11:15 PM
    I'm not really doing much cutting back, but I really only buy for my parents. I get lucky since I'm an only child and so I really only HAVE to buy for my parents.

For me...the main thing I am doing is being more practical. Sometimes, I get a little too in the spirit and buy frivolous gifts but I am keeping the gifts useful this year.
    12-09-08 12:17 AM
    I'm not cutting back this year -- just buying practical.
    12-09-08 10:01 AM
    Nothing, lost my family this year in between only getting $51/week after rent is paid

12-09-08 01:23 PM
    I just hope I'm not being axed off of someone's list as a result of the answer to the question this thread is asking. .

Am I cutting anyone out of my list? Nope...I don't hand pink slips out to loved ones.
    12-09-08 01:27 PM
    My sister and her family are getting the axe. Or at the very least lumps of coal.

My best friend and my gf and her 3yr old son who's in Chicago that I'll be flying into visiting on xmas day. And coming home that Sunday. So those 3 are the only ones whom I'll be buying stuff for.

12-10-08 08:25 AM
    Just cutting out family and friends
    12-15-08 07:53 PM
    I bought myself a ps3 and a laptop and bought my girl a burberry scarf she wanted and a louis vuitton bag. Ill be giving my sister cash so she can pick out whatever and get my parents so gift cards to places.

12-16-08 04:22 AM
    Myself this year..
    12-16-08 04:58 AM
    Everyone

12-16-08 03:40 PM
    All of you guys. I'm sorry, but it has to be done.

12-16-08 04:39 PM
    Not cutting off anyone, even though half the people who get stuff from me are "family" if you catch my drift, they are just getting less. The one person who was getting the coolest gift (a band t of my favorite band- signed by the lead singer) is being an arse~ so I may keep her gift, or give it to her so she feels really bad for being an arse! LOL
    12-16-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD