So I was wondering if anyone uses their phone/blackberry to listen to music when working out? If you wonder why I am asking it is because my Samsung P2 mp3 player was stolen out of my car last night. The Samsung is what I used when running to listen to music because it had bluetooth and I always use my Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones.

Luckily me headphones weren't stolen with the phone, but I noticed any mp3 players with bluetooth start at about $150. Since I'm broke right now, I was wondering if I could use my Bold 9650 to run with since at least it has bluetooth. However, the main reason I'm asking is because it seems like the size and weight of the Bold might be too much to wear it when running. I haven't really looked at cases yet but I'm sure there are arm band cases for working out with it. So anyone else here have experience using their cell phone when running? Which case style do you use and how comfortable is it? thanks
    05-27-11 11:40 PM
    I use my 9700 when I run. When I run at the gym, I just place it in a slot on the treadmill so I don't need to worry about holding it in my hand or in my holster. I don't run outdoors nearly as much as I used to (mainly since the gym conveniently provides a place for me to both run and weight lift; though, I do find the treadmill to be very boring but I suppose that I could consider that working on my mental endurance), but when I do, I use the holster that came with it. It's secure enough that I don't have to worry about my BB falling out but since it is a little heavy, I have to wear a pair of shorts with a sturdier waistband so the holster doesn't move around.
    Last edited by lcambriz; 05-28-11 at 02:39 AM.
    05-28-11 02:36 AM
    With my Slacker radio cache and Google music i've got more music then I could dream of. Some 2500 song I have on Google music and a lot more on slacker. I use it as an mp3 player EVERYDAY

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    05-28-11 05:34 AM
    why would you even want a separate MP3 player? every smartphone has that capability. They plug into your car, your computer, your tv. Save your money and use the phone.
    05-28-11 08:07 AM
    why would you even want a separate MP3 player? every smartphone has that capability. They plug into your car, your computer, your tv. Save your money and use the phone.
    Because using a phone for mp3 and the phone capabilities kill battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 08:58 AM
    How good your phone is for music really depends on the size of your SD card. You have to take into account the space that pictures, files, and videos take up in addition to your music, so I can see why you'd still want a separate player. I have an 8GB card, which is satisfactory for putting enough music on it for something like workouts. But my iPod is 160GB. That's an extra 152GB (on paper) of portable music, TV shows, movies, etc. that I can't put on my phone.
    05-28-11 02:19 PM
    I loaded my 9670 with music, but it seemed kind of senseless to rape the battery when i could just use an ipod.
    05-28-11 08:16 PM
    I used to use my Bold but then got worried about sweat getting on/in it.

So now I have recommissioned my daughters old gen 1 iPod Shuffle. Perfect for working out.
    05-31-11 08:16 AM
    i use my X for music at the gym. but now that i think about it i can strip down my curve 8330 and just use that for music only.......
    05-31-11 08:29 AM
    I bought a 32gb card for my 9650 for that very reason. I spend approx 2-3 hours power walking the park and I love working up a sweat. Unless I'm changing albums, I leave my 'berry in the holster clipped to my shorts. I don't feel its that bad on the battery hardly at all, however my device is only a few months old, but I use it in the car for music as well. I say unless you're content with carrying something else, holster it up and go

06-01-11 07:15 AM
    i use mine all the time
    06-01-11 01:15 PM
    I would if I wasn't too lazy to work out
    06-05-11 12:30 AM
    I do- but I have an iPhone.

I couldn't deal with the stock MP3 player on any other phone.

When I had my BlackBerry/Pre/Droid I always had to carry my iPod.

Until another company comes out with a device with a decent MP3 player-

I'll be toting an iPhone.

I just can't deal with carrying a phone, AND my iPod ever AGAIN.
    06-10-11 10:34 AM
    Really? I personally find my BlackBerry MP3 player just as functional as any ipod.

06-10-11 10:37 AM
    Besides, I'm lazy and getting the music onto my SD card is a hassle and a half.

Drag and Drop... /Spleh
    06-10-11 10:39 AM
    Desktop manager will sync your itunes or WMP playlist to your SDcard.

06-10-11 10:41 AM
    I do when I use my treadmill at home. :-)

06-22-11 11:40 AM
    I don't work out, BUT I use my BT headphones all the time on my 9650!
    06-22-11 02:23 PM
    I've been using phones as an MP3 player at the gym since my Sidekick LX in 2007. I've never owned an iPod. It's never run down any of my devices' batteries.
    06-23-11 04:42 PM
    I use mine as my mp3 player when I don't work out.
    07-11-11 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD