Anyone else tired of owning shares of Rimm and watching them go down and down while Apple keeps on truckin upwards? I have shares of both Apple and Rimm, thank goodness Apple continues to go up because it offsets the loses of Rimm. I own a Storm 2, but it's no wonder Apple outshines Rimm in every way. Apple continues to come up with new and exciting products. Products that are far more superior while Rimm continues to put out phones when they haven't even fixed the bugs of their prior phones. Rimm's OS sucks and while it's nice that Rimm is coming out with the new 6.0 OS, they're always trying to play catch up with Apple. Rimm needs to be more proactive rather then reactive.

I'm seriously thinking about dumping my shares of Rimm and using the monies to buy more shares of Apple. I know Apple will continue to grow and come out with amazing new products. The way Rimm conducts their business compared to Apple, I don't see a bright future for Rimm. As I stated I own a storm 2, but honestly if the IPhone went to Verizon I would dump my Blackberry in a heartbeat. Yes the Blackberry is great for e-mail business wise, but just the fact that IPhone continues to outsell the Blackberry shows that even the Iphone's email is good enough for the business sector.
    04-23-10 09:36 AM
    Wait till after WES. Historically Rim shares jump right after WES.
    04-23-10 09:47 AM
    Funny, you're comparing RIM to Apple only on the iPhone level but forgetting the fact Apple does more then just the iPhone. Yet, you're using that as a basis for whether not you should ditch shares.

RIM does smartphones, smartphones accessories and software.

Apple does iPhone, iPod, iPad, software. Not to mention ohh, I dunno, their whole computer/laptop thing they got going on. Of course shares are gonna be higher, they have a lot more going on and going for them then just the smartphone market.

While I agree with *most* of what you said regarding the OS and such for BlackBerry, to compare them share wise is just flat out dumb considering their target audiences and offerings. Maybe if RIM got into music players, computers/laptops and home entertainment then you'd have more validity in your statements but atm, the argument is moot. Get an investment advisor, cause clearly you're looking in the wrong areas for what you should be concentrating on.
    04-23-10 10:23 AM
    And you're forgetting that Rimm's shares were around $135 not even a year ago. Rimm has proven to the analysts that the company has declined in the smart phones war. Due to their lagging performance the analyst still state their shares are over rated even at $70.
    04-23-10 11:09 AM
    Oh noes, MS shares are higher than RIM, it must be because of MS's smartphones... Sell, sell sell....
    04-23-10 12:51 PM
    A fed troll is a dead troll. Please think about the trolls...
    04-23-10 01:17 PM
    Oh noes, MS shares are higher than RIM, it must be because of MS's smartphones... Sell, sell sell....
    Hmm. Maybe... Windows 7? -_-
    Fail.

Win mo sucks anyways..
    Worse than a blackberry. IMO.
    04-23-10 01:24 PM
    That was sarcasm... I would have thought it was obvious enough with the "oh noes" part.
    04-23-10 01:29 PM
    Good for you. Time for me to go smash an apple.
    04-24-10 03:02 AM
    RIM's stock is going down because all of these other platforms are putting out OS's the investors know people will jump on, but comparing them to Apple isn't good simply because like Blaze said Apple has a lot more going on that is highly successful then just the iPhone although that is a major piece of the puzzle.
    04-24-10 03:23 AM
    Yeah I sold mine at $ 133.75 in 2008. It was right after the first big dip. Don't really care about who is what because it did what I wanted it to.
    04-24-10 05:01 AM
    I didn't think anyone owned individual stocks anymore. Passive investing FTW!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 07:40 AM
    RIM's stock is going down because all of these other platforms are putting out OS's the investors know people will jump on,
    Hopefully the unveiling of OS 6 will put the worries to rest that RIM is not competitive as far as software, hardware is another story
    04-25-10 02:29 PM
    Down 1.52 right now, trying to hold the 200 SMA, not looking good.
    04-26-10 09:23 AM
    Nice bounce
    04-26-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD