I LEFT FOR A LITTLE AND GOT AN IPHONE 2WEEKS LATER I HATED THE THING SO MUCH I WENT BACK TO MY BLACKBERRY!!!!! I AM ON MY 5TH BLACKBERRY NOW AND LOVE IT EVEN MORE.... IT SEEMS LIKE A FIGHT IN MY HOUSE EVER DAY ! MY WIFE HAS THE IPHONE 4 AND I ROCK OUT THE BOLD 9700..... I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING OTHER THEN A BLACKBERRY EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-03-10 07:14 AM
    i have always been team blackberry; but i do miss my iphone!! it has so many apps that i used daily...

i just hate that it has no keyboard. they should invest in making a slideout keyboard.
    11-04-10 04:41 PM
    I got the iphone4 not too long ago..............starting to have Blackberry twitches but I'll give it a year or so to try it out before anything :P
    11-12-10 11:23 AM
    I left after I got tired of the 7xxx series. I went over to the palm-"hatedit" and came back. I then got the 1st gen Pearl, got tired of it and left for a flip phone (I called myself going back to basics lol). Couldn't stand the limited functionality of the flip so I returned with a curve. Got tired of it, bought a G2. Hatedit. Bought another curve, dropped in water (accidentally), bought a bold 9700 to replace it and I haven't put this thing down. RIM nailed it with the 9700- fine tune this puppy and I'll never leave again

11-23-10 09:15 PM
    Count me in as someone who can't live without a blackberry after I got one.

I traded my 9700 for a 3GS (my sister wanted to try a blackberry, her friends are crazy about RIM). She is having a good time now, I'm in despair right now.

The reasons?

1. No multitasking, or for Lord's sake I don't know how to in this "smartphone"
    2. Touchscreen + big thumbs = lame
    3. No profile = lame. Okay, it has "silent", but I can't assign a song for message alert, THAT's lame
    4. Has only one physically visible button: quit the app you're running. Can you imagine the temptation to press it when I want to press "back"? Especially when I forgot that it's not "back" but "quit"?

Well, I've had enough
    Im on the same boat with you man. I am actually getting my 9700 back today. Its about time.
    11-24-10 11:03 AM
    When I was getting sick of the ****ty service I was getting in my apartment with my 8530 when I had sprint I gave the htc evo 4G a try and the cell service went up to where I didn't have to sit in one corner of my house to get service. That was all I liked about it.

I dumped it, then sprint and went with verizon and got another 8530 CPO for free and will be sending it back before christmas to get a cpo bold for 50 and jump on the OS6 bandwagon.

My reasons for hating the Evo 4G was because its battery was terrible, it would routinely disconnect from my wifi, never connected to 4G despite me living right in the middle of a 4G city, trying to make pictures your background was practically impossible, and it was huge. Only thing I liked was the web browsing, the media player and call quality.
    Last edited by charleston1986; 12-01-10 at 09:10 PM.
    12-01-10 09:07 PM
    sincerely, confused me a little the menu (compared to Nokia)
    few facilities that does not have (full copy of the phone book to sim)
    but he convinced me more other(finishing,net facilities,goodlooking)
    12-03-10 08:25 AM
    sincerely, confused me a little the menu (compared to Nokia)
    few facilities that does not have (full copy of the phone book to sim)
    but he convinced me more other(finishing,net facilities,goodlooking)

Huh?

12-03-10 06:01 PM
    I left in October 2009 when my charger port on my olllld curve fell out. They upgraded me early and I went with a mytouch with T-mobile.
    I'm back now. I learned my lesson...
    12-22-10 11:05 PM
    I switched from my BB pearl 2 years ago and bought a quick messaging phone, but less than a year later switched back. I've had 4 different BB models and I don't think I'll switch again. I need my LED light!
    12-23-10 08:29 AM
    I made the mistake of trying the iPhone 4 out when we switched to AT&T from Verizon. I had several BB's on Verizon, but thought that I might like the iPhone 4. That lasted less than a month. I tried Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro after that, and it really didn't work out for me. Then I got back on a BB. Tried the Torch, and I was pretty much hooked. Didn't like the slider on the Torch, or OS 6 honestly, and made the move to my 9700, which I love.

Why I left, I have no idea. BB does everything for me, and having a phone that doesn't have an LED notification light + BerryBuzz, it just seems like a huge waste.
    12-23-10 06:58 PM
    I was REALLY tired of my 8900 and 2g speeds, lack of html email, poor browser, so I switched, first to a Motorola Charm (Android), thinking the keyboard would be good enough. Android was wonderful, like a breath of fresh air. I loved free Google Navigation, the zillions of apps that seemingly get updated daily, and the widgets that automatically update to your phone's "desktop." But after the newness wore off, I realized I missed my BB keyboard, custom notifications, battery life, and unified inbox. Thinking maybe I just didn't like the Moto Charm, I've used an Evo, Palm Pixi, and even tried an iPod touch to get the Apple experience.

But I've returned to BB and am currently using the Style and the 8900. I love the Style's OS6 with a better browser and the flip form factor, but also love the 8900's superior battery life and larger number of OS5 compatible application. I wish T-Mobile or Sprint would get the Torch.
    Last edited by EliasZuniga; 12-24-10 at 12:55 PM.
    12-24-10 12:53 PM
    Curve 8330 was my first smartphone for past 2 years. Picked up a HTC Desire last month, kept it 2 weeks and returned it for a Bold 9650. I soooo missed my BB keyboard! And the menus, ease of use, the LED and the insanely good battery life. Loving my Bold 9650!
    12-27-10 06:41 PM
    I switched to iPhone in October, used it for about a month, then went back to bb with a Torch. Gave iPhone to my 7 year old son (no SIM) which he uses for games and music. I hated the iPhone. I missed my bb every second. Temporary insanity. It will not happen again.

12-30-10 02:34 PM
    I love these stories!
    12-30-10 03:07 PM
    I got my first Blackberry 8900 Dec 26th 2010 a year ago, miss it so much. Then around June I made the worse decision of my life, traded it with someone for a DEFECTIVE G1. Ouch, I HATED it.

So Rogers decided to be nice and gave me another BB' for free, only it was the old flip. It got me by, still missing my 8900 though since I had to do battery pulls of the flip like every day. 8900 wasn't perfect but it was heaven with its keyboard and didn't freeze much compared to my ****ty flip. Atleast I wasn't forced to use the G1 though.

I honestly have enjoyable memories of the 8900, like I just MISS those days I had enjoying my 8900.

Desperate for a new phone this Christmas, someone offered me a brand new Samsung Captivate for real cheap (150) so without thinking much I agreed. I mean it is pretty good besides the lack of keyboard and bad battery life. I don't have to reset it and such, it's a pretty smooth and fast experience & exciting.

Even though I only owned the Captivate for a few days, I can already see once the newness of fancy widgets and apps wear off, I will once again be longing for a Blackberry. Since this guy gave me a good deal, I could probably trade my Captivate for a BB' Bold 9780. That's what I'm hoping to do.

Because I still miss the way BB' connects me to people, the keyboard, the look, last but certainly not least... THE BATTERY LIFE!!! Hearing that the BB bold got a refresh and has a smooth O.S and good web browser now, I am pretty sure I will got hooked on Blackberry more than ever.
    Last edited by enze; 12-31-10 at 08:37 PM.
    12-31-10 08:34 PM
    I went from a BB pearl to the iphone 8g, then to the BB 8900, Android (liquid acer),iphone 3gs 32gb, now finally back home with my BB 9700.....man do i love having battery life again, every one of thosre "other" phones died with in 10 hrs of steady useage. The android had some good apps but i found it very glitchey, and as for the iphone..love having all my music and stuff in one phone but for thats where that ended...BB forever!!!!
    01-03-11 04:01 PM
    I didn't leave BB, but I gave up my keyboard for the Storm, but then went back, BOY was I glad I did. It's the keyboard that makes the BB! I had a 7290, then an 8700, then I went to the Storm 9530, then Storm 9550, before coming back to the keyboard with the Bold 9650!!!!!!! AMEN!
    01-03-11 04:51 PM
    i agree totally, the keyboard is a must.....did i mention i LOVE my BB!!
    01-03-11 05:01 PM
    i agree totally, the keyboard is a must.....did i mention i LOVE my BB!!
    Ditto! There is no better keyboard on a phone anywhere!
    01-03-11 05:06 PM
    this is my first blackberry phone so i cant really talk about leaving it and coming back but i have used an iphone since my sister has one and theyre pretty nice phones. especially the web browsing is so much faster and easier than my blackberry. but the fact that you need itunes to buy apps and to buy ringtones and stuff kind of turned me off to the iphone but besides that its a awesome phone but yea ill stick with my bb lol. android ive never used so i cant comment on it. same for android
    01-04-11 07:18 AM
    I left for an iphone only to come back to a BB

01-06-11 07:08 PM
    i came back to blackberry 3 times..lol.. but im a tech fan so now i have a bold 9780 just sitting my drawer.. i have an iphone and a droid x..lol i still wanna use my 9780 bold too..lol.. i wish verizon was getting another blackberry soon
    01-08-11 08:01 AM
    I went from a BB pearl to the iphone 8g, then to the BB 8900, Android (liquid acer),iphone 3gs 32gb, now finally back home with my BB 9700.....man do i love having battery life again, every one of thosre "other" phones died with in 10 hrs of steady useage. The android had some good apps but i found it very glitchey, and as for the iphone..love having all my music and stuff in one phone but for thats where that ended...BB forever!!!!
    You can sync your music to your Blackberry as well.

I left BB for Droid Incredible and came back within my 30 day return. Besides games I haven't felt I was "missing" any apps. I don't play games much anyways. I have found an app on my phone for everything I need it to do and bbm/keyboard I cant give up!
    01-17-11 02:46 AM
    i did it the other way around with an iphone
    01-17-11 07:08 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD