I asked BB if they would do price matching with Amazon. They politely said no. I politely told them that unless they can match Amazon's prices, there's no incentive for me to buy from my local Best Buy store. Last time I was at Best Buy, the only "busy" dept was mobile phones.

Just curious, who still pays retail for stuff at the local Best Buy store?

I just go there to try out stuf, but then I buy it online.
    06-19-12 01:51 PM
    It's been awhile so I would have to say nope. Bad service and the destruction of Circuit City have made me move on.
    06-19-12 02:15 PM
    I got my Blackberry from Amazon (refurb) but I got quite a few phones from BestBuy. Their cheaper than the Sprint store when it comes to upgrades.
    My Moto Q, Sanyo SCP 2700, & Epic all came from BestBuy with my upgrade(s).
    All my other phones were pruchased from sellers on Craigslist for cheap. Lol.

I have no complaints with BestBuy, but they could have matched Amazon's prices for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-20-12 02:04 PM
    I got my laptop there because of the awesome financing, but after I pay it off within the next few months, never again. They're so effing rude. My laptop has an issue with the cursor. I'll be typing along and suddenly the cursor will jump and I'm typing in a different area. Like say I'm writing a long paragraph. The cursor will jump and suddenly I'll be typing in the middle of the paragraph instead of the end. I didn't have the computer on me to replicate the issue, but I went to the customer service counter to complain of the issue. I talked to two different people, and BOTH said that I was resting my palm on the trackpad and that's why it was jumping. That was their only answer, and they were sure they were right. I explained to them that I've been using laptops for 14 years and I've NEVER had that problem beforeand I KNOW how I hold my hands when I type. They said "Well, you can try to send it off to get it 'fixed' but I know you'll have the same problem." Asshats.
    06-21-12 04:43 PM
    I shop there (also purchase from Amazon.com)..Best Buy is cool with me...

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    06-21-12 04:49 PM
    I use both, some things i need that I can't wait for shipping

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-21-12 05:04 PM
    06-21-12 06:00 PM
    I'm not sure it's fair to expect BB to match an Amazon price...one can't compare a brick and mortar retailer with online. The structures are too different. Also, when you go into BestBuy, it's presumably so that you can walk out with the item. Can't do that with Amazon.
    06-21-12 06:26 PM
    Amazon shopper here, since I'm a Prime member and I get free 2 day shipping which is almost always 1 day.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-21-12 07:06 PM
    Amazon shopper here, since I'm a Prime member and I get free 2 day shipping which is almost always 1 day.
    I NEED to start seeing what all benefits I get as a new Prime member. I just started up for the movie streaming to my Kindle Fire lol.
    06-21-12 07:13 PM
    Shop at both. Mostly Amazon or other online retailers though. Sometimes you need things faster than Amazon Prime can deliver.
    06-22-12 11:13 AM
    I still shop a BestBuy, but not nearly as much as I used to now that I use Amazon. Thanks to the Crackberry family, I found out about Amazon a couple of years ago and been using them ever since. Amazon prices are to my liking
    06-22-12 11:30 AM
    I'm so over Best Buy and Radio Shack.

Only time I buy anything from those greedy retailers is when I need something desperately and cannot wait on eBay or Amazon...

~*Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile*~
    06-26-12 07:42 AM
    I wish Best Buy would start to match prices with online retailers, especially for the same "retail packaging" items. It just makes no sense to me to pay an extra 20% or more at the store.

I only go there for mobile phone upgrades because they sometimes have better deals than Amazon and I could get them activated then and there.

I know that it's not fair to compare brick and mortar to Amazon, but unless they can come up with a competitive edge, they'd be out of business just like Circuit City. I like Best Buy. Sad to see them go the way of the dinosaurs, extinct.
    06-26-12 12:17 PM
    I've not come across anything at best buy that I couldn't wait for delivery from Amazon. Maybe that's just me. Lol

Shop at both. Mostly Amazon or other online retailers though. Sometimes you need things faster than Amazon Prime can deliver.
    06-26-12 12:19 PM
  16. T
    I haven't needed anything in a while, but if I did, I would in a second. I go thru the voip headsets pretty quickly; they get trashed with all the use I give them, so I'm always buying new ones from Best Buy.
    06-26-12 12:24 PM
    I always do and there's always a lot of people when I go there. And also I have some friends who work there so I get special discounts when I'm buying expensive stuff
    06-26-12 05:07 PM
    Best Buy is nothing more than a testing ground for me. I can always get a better deal somewhere else.
    06-26-12 05:11 PM