View Poll Results: Who is going to take theNBA Championship home?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

42 50.00%
  • Celtics

42 50.00%
    Go Celtics....Go Celtics.....

I am so tired right now!!!! Stayed up way late last night watching the game and then was all keyed up and couldn't sleep. Probably didn't get to sleep until about 3AM!!! LOL....so worth it.

Pierce rocks!!!!! Can't wait for Sunday to see my Celts take it all.
    06-13-08 10:20 AM
    I am disappointed but hopeful! Lakers should win Sunday and let the injured celtics limp to their parade in Bean-town. Not worried its not like the Lakers won't be back better next year. Lakers 4 Ever! Kobe is gonna win gold for the USA and win another Championship (hopefully next year) with Andrew Bynum, a stronger Gasol, Lamar Odom, and either Derek Fisher, Sasha the machine, or J farm! Luke Walton should be traded, Chris Nihm released, etc. No love lost, Go LAKERS! wooooooooo
    06-13-08 10:50 AM
    06-13-08 12:27 PM
    Looks like I was write... 4-1 baby.

I told my boy at work it would be 4-1. Told him Lakers would definitely win the 3rd @ home. It's a wrap... Garnett about to have his ring so Bill Russell doesn't have to give up his ring, lol.

I almost want to see Garnett not win to see how Bill would share his ring with him... lol. J/K
    06-13-08 01:40 PM
    06-13-08 04:08 PM
    Lol......that's so bad!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 04:14 PM
    Today could possibly be the last day of NBA basketball.
    06-17-08 03:00 PM
    Never gonna give you up, let you down, run around or hurt you.
    06-17-08 03:55 PM
    yeah I hope so......I don't know if I can stomach watching 2 unininspired teams play with no heart any longer..

This series has got to be the worst I've seen in years. L.A is playing horrendously as is Boston. Games 1 and 2 were the best in the series. We atleast had a team that was playing with heart and hungry for a win. Now were left with 2 lifeless lackluster teams doing nothing. It's now a battle of who can play the worst thats going to decide these finals cuz neither of these teams can get it done.

It's more fun to watch a team sweep another because they are far more superior or to watch 2 teams battle it out to a Game 7 because they are so evenly matched. I don't know what the **** we are watching anymore. This is a disgrace........

Sure miss the Piston/ Spur match-up............
    06-17-08 04:54 PM
    Yay Celtics....I knew they would win it. What a great game for the Celtics...

06-17-08 11:12 PM
    hahahahaahahahahahahahahahah to all the laker fans who have been so arrogant and talked so much crap!!!!
    06-17-08 11:53 PM
    Go lakers! We got this still right??? Game 7 right? Damn!

06-18-08 12:04 AM
    hahahahaahahahahahahahahahah to all the laker fans who have been so arrogant and talked so much crap!!!!
    Talk about arrogant
    06-18-08 12:24 AM
    What a horrible performance by the Lakers. Horrible series actually. This was far worse than the Celtic/Laker series' I remember.

06-18-08 08:39 AM
    This is the NBAs doing. Boston should have never even advanced passed the first or 2nd round. Hate to say it but it was fixed and until stern is gone it's gonna remain that way. But whatever I guess Money does win championships. Buying all those players and stuff
    06-18-08 10:10 AM
    This is the NBAs doing. Boston should have never even advanced passed the first or 2nd round. Hate to say it but it was fixed and until stern is gone it's gonna remain that way. But whatever I guess Money does win championships. Buying all those players and stuff
    I wouldn't go that far and I did want the Lakers to win it but they'll be even better next year. Overall this series didn't live up to the hype the media made out of it but it was a whole lot better than watching the Spurs and Pistons play.
    06-18-08 11:41 AM
    You do know there is a cap and luxury tax system in the NBA, right? I don't like stern either but you sound bitter and your take seems a little to conspiracy theory in my opinion.

06-18-08 11:43 AM
    You do know there is a cap and luxury tax system in the NBA, right? I don't like stern either but you sound bitter and your take seems a little to conspiracy theory in my opinion.

thats why donaghy came out and said the Finals are fixed and now he's getting a plea bargain something that I thought stern said the nba wouldn't do. But hey if you have to keep something a secret and would go to great lengths to keep it that way. then okay.
    06-18-08 01:22 PM
    Talk about arrogant
    yes because i have never met a lakers fan that doesnt constantly talk **** about how the lakers are the best ever and blah blah blah, its funny to see them lose and now read all of the excuses they have lol... "it was fixed" what? lol
    06-18-08 01:23 PM
    I live in L.A. and am not a Laker nor a Celtic fan so from the beginning of the thread I looked at this series as a strictly a fan of basketball....so what I'm going to write comes straight down the middle.

Anyway Laker "fans"/slash West coast folks do not understand the game. They did not see that the Celltics were a far superior team and were much more physical than their Lakers. The bottom line is, and you saw it last night in the form of a serious raping, Western Conference teams cannot stand up to the punishing and relentless defense that Eastern Conference teams i.e. Pistons Celtics dish out. Stop blaming all these extraneous factors/conspiracy's and such and just sit back and be objective.

The Lakers could not handle the much more physical and superior Celtics as they couldn't handle the Pistons 4 years ago when Detroit was basically laughed at before the series. West coast fans are an ignorant bunch when it comes to Hoops because they are only shown things that happen out West. Thats all they know so ofcourse their ignorance will show. I know because I live here so I see it.

There was a dude yesterday that had a Laker shirt on that said "It's Showtime" I felt embarrassed for him. How on earth could anyone believe that the Lakers actually had a chance? It's so astounding to me to see things like this. It's like "dude are you ******** serious?" I think the problem lies in the fact that Laker "fans" really are not fans at all. They jump on the bandwagon so to speak. "Oh look our Lakers are going to the Finals! Who are they playing?" So they base their opinions on nothing except that they live here and they might as well jump on that bandwagon. Fair weather fans I beleve they are called. Plenty of those here........

In closing people need to be honest with themselves and just stop living in this fantasy and recognize that the Lakers were beat SOLIDLY, to put it mildly, by a MUCH better team. You cannot argue with what you watched. They got a serious beating that made history. Celtics made great history and L.A. well they will have to bear that scar............

I made a VERY nice chunk of change on this series. I called Celtics in 6 and the "fans" out here jumped on that bet. Poor fellows, I hustled em and they didn't even know it.
    06-18-08 01:35 PM
    What does a refs fixing games in the past have anything to do with salary caps, luxury tax and team transactions. By the looks of it, the celts didn't need help from the refs to win this. The lakers stunk up the nation with their horrible defense.

But, I will say stern is in trouble for past issues with refs. That will be his demise before the next season starts.

06-18-08 01:36 PM
    yes because i have never met a lakers fan that doesnt constantly talk **** about how the lakers are the best ever and blah blah blah, its funny to see them lose and now read all of the excuses they have lol... "it was fixed" what? lol
    For one, i never talked **** about how the Lakers are the best blah blah blah. and 2 i never gave any excuses. I am not even a Laker fan. Look at my name. I was mainly rooting for the Lakers like how i was rooting for the NY Giants simply to make it more enjoyable and entertaining to watch. But the Lakers let me down, it was simply a blow out. I stopped watching after game 4.

I live in L.A. and am not a Laker nor a Celtic fan so from the beginning of the thread I looked at this series as a strictly a fan of basketball....so what I'm going to write comes straight down the middle.

Anyway Laker "fans"/slash West coast folks do not understand the game. They did not see that the Celltics were a far superior team and were much more physical than their Lakers. The bottom line is, and you saw it last night in the form of a serious raping, Western Conference teams cannot stand up to the punishing and relentless defense that Eastern Conference teams i.e. Pistons Celtics dish out. Stop blaming all these extraneous factors/conspiracy's and such and just sit back and be objective.

The Lakers could not handle the much more physical and superior Celtics as they couldn't handle the Pistons 4 years ago when Detroit was basically laughed at before the series. West coast fans are an ignorant bunch when it comes to Hoops because they are only shown things that happen out West. Thats all they know so ofcourse their ignorance will show. I know because I live here so I see it.

There was a dude yesterday that had a Laker shirt on that said "It's Showtime" I felt embarrassed for him. How on earth could anyone believe that the Lakers actually had a chance? It's so astounding to me to see things like this. It's like "dude are you ******** serious?" I think the problem lies in the fact that Laker "fans" really are not fans at all. They jump on the bandwagon so to speak. "Oh look our Lakers are going to the Finals! Who are they playing?" So they base their opinions on nothing except that they live here and they might as well jump on that bandwagon. Fair weather fans I beleve they are called. Plenty of those here........

In closing people need to be honest with themselves and just stop living in this fantasy and recognize that the Lakers were beat SOLIDLY, to put it mildly, by a MUCH better team. You cannot argue with what you watched. They got a serious beating that made history. Celtics made great history and L.A. well they will have to bear that scar............

I made a VERY nice chunk of change on this series. I called Celtics in 6 and the "fans" out here jumped on that bet. Poor fellows, I hustled em and they didn't even know it.
    I totally agree with you. coming from the west and being a warrior fan all see is the west teams running up the scores and not playing any defense. Honestly IMHO i find eastern conf games boring to watch but thats because they actually play team ball and DEFENSE. Living up in SF i am not a Laker, Dodger, Angels fan. Trust me, i was just rooting for the Lakers to show up for the finals and hope and pray to the bball Gods that we can actually get a fun entertaing championship series to watch. I am sooo tired of watching the pistons, and the spurs play. Talk about boring. but this series was a disappointment, the best team won (team being the key word). I am happy pierce, allan and especially garnett finally got the ring they deserve.
    Last edited by gs warrior 88; 06-18-08 at 01:51 PM.
    06-18-08 01:49 PM
122 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD