That is like saying Shakespeare is out of style because no one speaks English that way anymore. There is a charm in some of the old words, whether you are British or not. Of course, I may be a bit biased because I have a degree in English. LOL!
    A degree in English, yet you LOL'd us?
    Methinks I disapprove...
    shaleem and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-07-13 02:03 PM
    Whilst we're on the subject, I still hope Brits will rediscover the word "gotten", which they seem to have...forgotten.

Meanwhile, the handiest British word I know is "faff". We need this word in the USA. Can we rent it?

Swyped in CB app.
    jaydee5799 and xandermac like this.
    10-07-13 02:14 PM
    they haz it comin...they haz it comin ...they only haz hisself to blame. If you haz bin there, you was haz seen it. I betcha would haz done the same,
    xandermac and shaleem like this.
    10-07-13 02:27 PM
    A degree in English, yet you LOL'd us?
    Methinks I disapprove...
    Indeed, I did. However, although some words may be archaic, new ones are always added. English is a living language. Hence, it is constantly growing and evolving. Therefore, in today's English, LOL is considered an acceptable term. I do take note of your comment of my use of the aforementioned term/word. Thank you Elessar.
    xandermac likes this.
    10-07-13 03:26 PM
    Hmmmm faff....what the faff are u talkin about? What the faff is the definition of faff. Stop faffing with my english you a bunch of faffing ninnies.
    xandermac likes this.
    10-07-13 03:30 PM
    Indeed, I did. However, although some words may be archaic, new ones are always added. English is a living language. Hence, it is constantly growing and evolving. Therefore, in today's English, LOL is considered an acceptable term. I do take note of your comment of my use of the aforementioned term/word. Thank you Elessar.
    LOL!
    shaleem and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-07-13 03:48 PM
    "Whilst" appears in this thread 20 times. Y'all are trying to ruin ma day apparently. So, new rule, as the "creator" of the thread that "word" shan't (another stupid Britishism) be used anymore. Thank you for your cooperation.
    jaydee5799 and kbz1960 like this.
    10-08-13 08:59 AM
    "Whilst" appears in this thread 20 times. Y'all are trying to ruin ma day apparently. So, new rule, as the "creator" of the thread that "word" shan't (another stupid Britishism) be used anymore. Thank you for your cooperation.
    OK I shant mention it again!
    xandermac and kbz1960 like this.
    10-08-13 09:08 AM
    Whilst browsing the forums this morning I came across this thread. Very entertaining.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:09 AM
    Really? You had to say it? Couldn't help yourself? My rule meant nothing to you? I see how it's going to be. That's fine... On another note, Middbrew, tell me something that really annoys you (I have no ulterior motive for asking so don't worry, just tell me).

Whilst browsing the forums this morning I came across this thread. Very entertaining.
    middbrew and kbz1960 like this.
    10-08-13 09:13 AM
    Really? You had to say it? Couldn't help yourself? My rule meant nothing to you? I see how it's going to be. That's fine... On another note, Middbrew, tell me something that really annoys you (I have no ulterior motive for asking so don't worry, just tell me).
    Sorry, you are right, I just could help myself.

Hmmm, what annoys me? How about people,,,,who,,,use,,,commas,,,to separate,,,thoughts,,,,,
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:17 AM
    I will refrain for the use of the now unspeakable word.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:18 AM
    Why,, on,, earth,, would,, that,, annoy,, you,,? HA, GOT YOU BACK, FOOLED YOU INTO COMPLACENCY! DON'T TEST MA GANSTA SUCKA...

Sorry, you are right, I just could help myself.

Hmmm, what annoys me? How about people,,,,who,,,use,,,commas,,,to separate,,,thoughts,,,,,
    10-08-13 09:19 AM
    Shakespeare didn't speak English, the hack invented most of his words
    And word is he didn't even write what he's created with writing.
    10-08-13 09:23 AM
    I just want people to see HOW British I am!..

Churchill !!!, Thatcher !!! Tiny Baby Overlords!!!...
    don't forget lamb and mint jelly
    10-08-13 09:28 AM
    OOOhhh, I love a bit of Lamb. You just made me hungry and are banned from the thread.

No, you're not banned, if you get me some Lamb... Go on, Do it... 3... 2... 1... Do it....

don't forget lamb and mint jelly
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:30 AM
    I'm more interested in what the deal was with the gal who used "ma" whenever she meant "my" and seemed to use it for every sentence.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...kberry-850408/
    checked it out and she/he seems to have missed a few, I think Lilly is a guy anyway
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:32 AM
    This thread makes me laugh... I do use "whilst" periodically, and I'm not a Brit either. And I'm not 90.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:35 AM
    I understand "schedule" with a 'k' sound is making inroads on "schedule" with the 'sh' sound in the UK. Maybe "whilst" is next on the chopping block.

Swyped in CB app.
    xandermac likes this.
    10-08-13 08:58 PM
    Whilst I think about the word "whilst", I am very inveigled to use the conjunction "whilst".

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:54 AM
    "WHILE" I love each and every one of you.... You are truly awful, awful people....

Whilst I think about the word "whilst", I am very inveigled to use the conjunction "whilst".

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and middbrew like this.
    10-09-13 05:50 AM
    I'm more interested in what the deal was with the gal who used "ma" whenever she meant "my" and seemed to use it for every sentence.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...kberry-850408/
    I find that very annoying as well.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-09-13 10:02 AM
    Whilst, whilst doesn't bug me the,,,,,,, in between, ,,,,,,,,,,words also,,,,,,,,,,annoys me.
    10-09-13 11:11 AM
    There isn't an emoticon that been made to express my displeasure with this sentence..... *displeasured*

Whilst, whilst doesn't bug me the,,,,,,, in between, ,,,,,,,,,,words also,,,,,,,,,,annoys me.
    10-09-13 11:17 AM
    Whilst you blokes argue about the merits of the British language, I will sit back and enjoy my scones and a nice cuppa. Cheerio!
    10-09-13 11:18 AM
53 123