Ok here is the short of if. I need a System Restore Disk 2 for an older Sony Vaio PCV-RZ10/RX800. I spoke with sony tech support and they say they don't make the CD even anymore, so I'm SOL unless I wanna play 190 to have the computer re-imaged. So just seeing if anyone may know where I may obtain such a creature. Thanks!
    04-07-10 06:22 PM
    Does Sony have a support forum? You might post up on it, with a request, maybe a fellow owner would step up and burn you a copy of his/her disk.

EDIT: Also check with Sony if there are any companion model numbers that are close enough to be used also, you MIGHT not be limited (or you might be) to just your model.
    04-07-10 06:51 PM
    System restore cds are made for one computers OS, so you will not be able to use someones old cds. There is a way around it by changing some numbers in the registry but its illegal. You need to buy a new OS and reinstall it. Either way the computer has to be wiped out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 06:53 PM
    You really do not need one. Do you know any one that has a Windows CD that matches the Windows COA sticker, (Home, Pro) on the Sony? Just use that and enter the CD key on the sticker and you will be good to go.
    04-07-10 07:07 PM
    04-08-10 05:25 AM
    04-08-10 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD