06-16-11 09:12 PM
38 12
tools
    I never understood the whole iOS and Android craze! I'd look at the OS and it was nice, but the interface more specifically the lack of a keyboard and the lack of key features (strong battery life, security data compression, BBM or equivalent and robust hardware) would make them a flash in the pan. Boy was I wrong, the consumer market is more about bling than it is anything else let alone capability.

RIM is on the right track with QNX! It is definetly capable and with TAT it will become even sexier than it already is. RIM will satisfy there existing customer base with this OS and expand into the consumer market. GO RIM GO!!!
    06-13-11 10:39 PM
    My iPhone is on hour 47 off charger with 20% left.

Yep - that's baaaaad battery life alright.

Didn't use nor do I care about BBM. The hardware is beautiful and solid on my iPhone. My Android and iPhone both handle email and messaging as well as (if not better than since there's no stupid truncated emails anymore).

QNX is good for RIM but they have a long road ahead of them because they have been lazy for too long.
    06-13-11 11:04 PM
    If most of you consider BGR, PCmag, Engadget, Cnet, Pinstack, WorldMate, business insider even CNN...etc all to be apple and droid loving worthless junk sites with crappy journalist who know nothing about tech and software.

Then other than CrackBerry, what blogsites do you consider to be the pinacle of tech news with an always balance fair view on things?

Because with my observation, it always seems like whenever the press writes anything remotely negative about RIM and its products, users on here are always quick shut down claims with the usual comments .."who are they? when were they last relevant..who takes [enter a name of a blogsite I mentioned earlier here] serious anymore!?"
    06-14-11 06:50 AM
    Didn't use nor do I care about BBM.
    Then your going to hate iMessage because it is Apples ripoff of BBM.
    06-14-11 09:02 AM
    Now, now, you know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't you?
    06-14-11 09:51 AM
    I don't think someone who disliked or disregarded BBM on their BB is going to hate iMessages on their iPhone because of how seamless it is. As an iPhone user you don't have to do anything different than if you were simply texting someone just as you usually would so there's no difference. It just so happens that if the other person also has an iPhone (with iOS 5+) then you won't be charged a text fee. There's no separate app, no PIN system, etc. The user doesn't have to do anything.
    06-14-11 10:13 AM
    Did I say I was going to use it?

*looks back at what I wrote*

Nope.
    06-14-11 02:13 PM
    What was the problem with the Atrix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I didn't like the absence of profiles as there are in BB, I didn't like the notifications, I don't like GMail and I don't want to have to get a 3rd party, battery life was terrible (even though I was informed it was excellent "for an Android device), it developed noticeable lag, I could only open around eight windows at a time.....and in the time I had it which was roughly 45 days or so there were three security vulnerability incidents.
    Not a good fit for me.

anon(51467) likes this.
    06-14-11 02:53 PM
    You have to want to change platforms and get out of your comfort zone which is BlackBerry. Until you do that, you'll stay with a BlackBerry. It's only a matter of time when you realize you're paying for an outdated device and you want your money's worth. That was the case for me, I wanted more than just email, text, calls. Unfortunately, that's pretty much all the BlackBerry does. I wanted my music, videos, games, fast browser, etc. This is where Android and Apple excel. I feel I get way more bang for my buck.
    mrsadkins9399 likes this.
    06-14-11 03:21 PM
    My BB Curve has been a wonderful phone. I have always liked the keyboard, especially with my big fingers. I've had my Curve for about 13 months and there has been a lot of technological advances in cell phones. The fact that they make phone calls is almost secondary. I want to stay with BB because they are quality phones and they will continue to evolve. Sometimes we must be patient.

06-14-11 11:46 PM
    You have to want to change platforms and get out of your comfort zone which is BlackBerry. Until you do that, you'll stay with a BlackBerry. It's only a matter of time when you realize you're paying for an outdated device and you want your money's worth. That was the case for me, I wanted more than just email, text, calls. Unfortunately, that's pretty much all the BlackBerry does. I wanted my music, videos, games, fast browser, etc. This is where Android and Apple excel. I feel I get way more bang for my buck.
    I could not agree more.
    06-15-11 07:12 AM
    wellllll...see, I didn't actually want to change platforms since Blacberry does what I want. While the Atrix did kill the BB in the media department, the point that I mentioned were more important to me than multimedia. Android and Apple do excel in the multimedia department, but the browser in my Torch was actually faster than the Atrix after the Atrix began to develop lag. It did develop considerable lag. I remember trying to get pages loaded at certain stations in the DC Metro because once the train leaves the station there is no reception, and towards the end the Atrix was completely unable to load a page.

For me, the Atrix was not a good fit. For someone else, I'm sure it will be.
    06-16-11 08:36 PM

For me, the Atrix was not a good fit. For someone else, I'm sure it will be.

Sir Atrix, clearly you are not the iPhone killer. I'm calling off the APB.
    06-16-11 09:12 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD