This my first post on Crackberry, and I found this article with title "Where Are All The BlackBerry Fans?" on PCMAG today and I think it needs a good answer from crackberry community, look at the link below

Where Are All The BlackBerry Fans? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    06-09-11 02:57 PM
    Will Fenton's admittedly flamebaiting iOS 5 versus the world column ...
    We get plenty of that right here.

I just went to the home page of Pinstack.com. Pinstack.com is the most BlackBerry of domain names—it refers to the PIN number assigned to every BlackBerry owner ...
    Doh!
    andyahs likes this.
    06-09-11 03:36 PM
    Aaahaha, pinstack..... Writers might want to try reading before doing the writing...
    06-09-11 03:40 PM
    I think for the most part we're all RIM/BB fans, to some extent but we all have different perspectives of the company and their devices. I look at it like this:

It's like being a fan of a sports team. Even though they are my team it doesn't mean that I don't get upset and criticize some of the things they do. So you'll have those "fans" are negative about the state of their "team" and then the others who are always optimistic regardless. Doesn't make one better or more than the other just differing opinion. For instance, I'm from Philly and I'm an Eagles fan and on a blog site us Eagles fans are always arguing with each other. We are all fans and love the team but we fight and some proclaim doom and gloom until "xyz" happens and other proclaim great things even when things look bad. In my opinion it's sort of the same thing that goes on here. Only different thing is that you can't just change sports teams.... that would be fraudulent LOL.
    06-09-11 03:41 PM
    I love chart in the iOS 5 vs everyone article. Let's just list everything iOS has that others don't so it can look really good in a checklist.
    06-09-11 04:06 PM
    I didn't realize PC Mag was still in business. Anyway we have to spend so much time on Crackberry responding to attacks from iPhans and Droids because the same people are allowed to keep posting RIM is dead, or pro other device propaganda that I really don't venture out to things, especially PCMag. These people's devices are so good that they have to spend their days on a Blackberry forum trying to get rises out of Blackberry users. I stopped going over to BGR now too because Johnathan Gellar's only tech credentials is he is Steve Jobs' personal ball washer.
    06-09-11 04:17 PM
    Yeah bgr is so much worse than engadget that I don't even bother going there at all now. I wonder if he realizes how many people he turned off from his own site simply due to his personality alone...
    06-09-11 04:27 PM
    The Blackberry fans will come out when RIM gives us a phone to get excited about again. When that will be? No one knows for sure right now.
    scorpiodsu and Fuzzballz like this.
    06-09-11 04:28 PM
    I doubt they will post in the venues that some place like PCMag expects even after a new phone releases...
    06-09-11 04:31 PM
    I didn't realize PC Mag was still in business. Anyway we have to spend so much time on Crackberry responding to attacks from iPhans and Droids because the same people are allowed to keep posting RIM is dead, or pro other device propaganda that I really don't venture out to things, especially PCMag. These people's devices are so good that they have to spend their days on a Blackberry forum trying to get rises out of Blackberry users. I stopped going over to BGR now too because Johnathan Gellar's only tech credentials is he is Steve Jobs' personal ball washer.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! That's funny. That made my day right there. Classic, you sir deserve an award.

But we BlackBerry fans are right here. Using our BlackBerry Devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 04:40 PM
    lol how did the OP get a link into the the post...their first post on the whole forum? That's what I'm curious about...I thought it was 3.

This whole thing is because people are fickle. What's the latest and greatest? Remember netbooks? Of course you remember them as mini-laptops or something...because it's all about tablets these days. Can you even remember the last carrier pushing their netbook on TV, at least in the US? I see constant Verizon commercials--for tabs.

The fact that someone has to constantly proselytize their choice of phone really shows the transitory nature of tech. How many of us--yeah, you!--had an S60v3 or v5 device a couple years ago? N95-3 here, and a what a phone that was. Poor Nokia...now that is a manufacturer on the ropes Too bad, IMO they make some of the best handset hardware in the world.

Oh and hi, BB fan here
    06-09-11 08:19 PM
    lol how did the OP get a link into the the post...their first post on the whole forum? That's what I'm curious about...I thought it was 3.
    The first person to respond was a Mod, so he could have fixed the link.

This whole thing is because people are fickle. What's the latest and greatest? Remember netbooks? Of course you remember them as mini-laptops or something...because it's all about tablets these days. Can you even remember the last carrier pushing their netbook on TV, at least in the US? I see constant Verizon commercials--for tabs.
    That is so true. Two years ago, netbooks were all the rage.

The fact that someone has to constantly proselytize their choice of phone really shows the transitory nature of tech. How many of us--yeah, you!--had an S60v3 or v5 device a couple years ago? N95-3 here, and a what a phone that was. Poor Nokia...now that is a manufacturer on the ropes Too bad, IMO they make some of the best handset hardware in the world.

Oh and hi, BB fan here
    I really thought Symbian was good. It is unfortunate that it is being abandoned.
    06-09-11 08:25 PM
    s60v3 wasn't bad. It really started to go downhill when they tried improving it to work with touchscreens in s60v5 though...

Basically touchscreens were the beginning of the end for Nokia....
    06-09-11 08:31 PM
    The real fans are still here. When RIM does introduce the 9900 in September or October all these newbies will be selling their Androids and getting the 9900.

what is happening here is no different than other RIM hardware introductions except more of the users here are younger and lack patience or maturity. As they get a little older they will realize that these little disappointments are the way life is.
    06-10-11 05:26 AM
    People still read PCMag?
    06-10-11 06:18 AM
    PCMag hates RIM. I found a recent mistake in an article about a RIM product and brought it up to their attention... They refuse to fix it knowing it's incorrect.
    06-10-11 06:57 AM
    If PCMag hated me I would take it as a compliment... If they liked me I would take it as a diss...
    06-10-11 03:28 PM
    The 9900 brings absolutely nothing to the table, that's a completely absurd conclusion.
    Exactly. As long as the OS is not QNX..... no thanks. They can put BBOS 6 or 7 on iPhone hardware and I wouldn't touch it.
    06-10-11 04:56 PM
    I'm an overall gadget fan, but I don't like the latest greatest, because i'm often never satisfied. If I stick with what I have, i'll be better and not in debt. yes, i'm an addict. lol

06-10-11 06:23 PM
    I was a huge droid fan....for about 6 months, now I am done. The OS is fast, but thats about it....no security or battery life....I couldnt stand charging my phone every 2 hours...I cant wait for the 9930 or the 9700 (?) replacement to drop. One of those will be my next phone for sure
    06-12-11 07:26 AM
    I was a huge droid fan....for about 6 months, now I am done. The OS is fast, but thats about it....no security or battery life....I couldnt stand charging my phone every 2 hours...I cant wait for the 9930 or the 9700 (?) replacement to drop. One of those will be my next phone for sure
    Same here tried the evo 3 times i"m done for good! By the way like the name! lol
    06-12-11 07:48 AM
    Same here tried the evo 3 times i"m done for good! By the way like the name! lol
    Thanks..

I think droid is going to start losing customers. The system is too open and to be honest, I cant use 5 million apps. I am looking for a great email and texting device with a decent browser and a few apps. Then im good

the 9930 looks to be that device!!!!
    06-12-11 07:53 AM
    Oh, wow, Pinstack. Like we never got that.

I think in general we have better places to be than in an iOs article arguing tech weenie vs weenie tech. It'd be like watching an endless series of dogs peeing on a fire hydrant, really.

06-12-11 08:11 AM
    Well, having been to almost all other sides of the fence, with the only exception of Symbian, nothing works better for me than BB. So, for the time being and until something else pops up, I'm still a fan.
    My latest adventure was with Android, and it didn't suit. Would have tried iP5 and tried iOS again if I hadn't spent $500 on the Atrix.
    06-13-11 03:08 AM
    Well, having been to almost all other sides of the fence, with the only exception of Symbian, nothing works better for me than BB. So, for the time being and until something else pops up, I'm still a fan.
    My latest adventure was with Android, and it didn't suit. Would have tried iP5 and tried iOS again if I hadn't spent $500 on the Atrix.
    What was the problem with the Atrix?

06-13-11 08:23 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD