I think I have the fastest speed!

ITS COMCASTIC!
    09-03-08 11:50 PM
    Damn son you are speeding!! Mine blows in comparison but I don't have any complaints.
    09-04-08 11:51 AM
    Does it matter that my server for the testing is over 50 miles away?
    09-04-08 11:52 AM
    I take it back after looking at your server distance.
    09-04-08 11:55 AM
    Stupid comcast doesn't service my area. In fact no one does but for dial up. i absolutly refuse to use that crap.
    09-04-08 07:59 PM
    Stupid comcast doesn't service my area. In fact no one does but for dial up. i absolutly refuse to use that crap.
    Wallyjay,

I live out in the sticks and use a service designed for those of us out here. It's a microwave system not satellite, and as long as you're in a line of sight with a tower, you can get T-1 speeds not affected by the number of people on-line like with cable. The modem is built into the antenna and if you have a laptop, it works especially well. You just jump right on, if you have a desktop, you'll need to set it up for WiFi. Check it out -- here's a link to one company, and there are a bunch of them in your state if these people aren't close to you. I have it and it works great!

My Speeds this morning using my provider's speed test: Download Speed: 3542 kbps (442.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 1779 kbps (222.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

The thing about my speeds, they are at the guaranteed level and never go lower than 3500 kbps down and 1700 kps up.

Broadband Indiana - Wireless High Speed Internet - Serving Morgan County Indiana
    Last edited by exelant; 09-05-08 at 01:31 PM.
    09-05-08 10:14 AM
    Wallyjay,

I live out in the sticks and use a service designed for those of us out here. It's a microwave system not satellite, and as long as you're in a line of sight with a tower, you can get T-1 speeds not affected by the number of people on-line like with cable.
    High speed internet via microwave? .. Wow... thats kool! I have never heard of it before, I know there is DSL, cable, and satellite [and microwave].
    09-05-08 04:07 PM
    My DSL service is 5mbits download and I think 1mbit upload or more (upload speed isn't too important to me. Anyways I have never had a speed test show lower than about 4.5mbits download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 04:36 AM
    Those are fast speeds for sure, but to put it in perspective, 1.5mbps qualifies as T-1 and is plenty fast for most users.

I stumbled on it by accident, Benny. It is a sweet system -- it's closer to broadband than satellite. There are a lot of providers all over the place. I am totally satisfied. It is even fast enough to use with Voip. One doesn't need to live in a city to get fast internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD