Hey guys,

So Im doing some research on the top relationship issues, everyday things that couples go through but sometimes don't know how to address the issue ie one person wants kids, the other dont; you cheated and don't know how to tell your mate, etc.

Need more ideas! Whats your issue?!
    09-10-08 03:05 PM
    My issue is that the things that I feel that are not a big issue to say to him and he take it as..... I'm not being HONEST to him. I'm honest to a lot of things but the small stuff that I leave out causes problems. I just feel if I tell him those small things he might turn his back on me...
    09-10-08 03:20 PM
    Ours is criticism. I do a lot to help out because we both work, but I don't do things like fold clothes or put dishes away the way Tanya wants. I'm like, too bad. Be happy I'm doing dishes, laundry, dusting and vacuuming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 03:52 PM
    Thx for ur posts so far guys! I wa sactually wondering about the chores issue n a relationship, but wasn't sure.

09-10-08 03:59 PM
    Hmm.. I'd say mainly the amount of time we get to spend together, or lack thereof. We both have very demanding careers that take up most of our time, so we both get mad when the other can't hang out.

09-10-08 04:04 PM
    My issue is that the things that I feel that are not a big issue to say to him and he take it as..... I'm not being HONEST to him. I'm honest to a lot of things but the small stuff that I leave out causes problems. I just feel if I tell him those small things he might turn his back on me...
    THAT is one of the things that drove me nuts about my last relationship...
    (EPIC VOICE) In the beginning... when things were awesome rad and care-free i felt so comfortable that i could and very soon started to spew whatever was on my mind, she loved that about our thang. And she started to do the same, but than as time moved us further down the relationship rabbit-hole, quirks and issues started popping up, REALLY little things.... And being the super-chill dude that i am, I just kept doing what i did best, saying what was on my mind...
    She, on the other hand, became very self conscious about the little things and refused to talk about them, even after we had been together for some 9 months, seven of which we lived together... this was the beginning of the end. Hindsight certainly is 20/20!
    It got worse when she would talk about them to her friends, and left me out of it all together ... which caused serious distance and occasionally moments of severe awkwardness...
    Well, when i lovingly confronted her about the situation, she later got very defensive and said i should just learn to deal with it because it "wasn't my problem..." And the snowball got bigger......

i'm just going to end this bit by saying that true happiness with someone is when neither side ever have to feel uncomfortable about anything around the other... yeah lots o' luck!

sorry for the cliche closeout...
    09-10-08 04:10 PM
    lol we live and we learn! thx guys again for your responses thus far
    09-10-08 06:54 PM
    My wife and i have very few issues. We don't take anything too seriously, we talk about things that bother us, and we forgive each other. Well she forgives me when i do stupid crap.

In the chores category, my wife takes care of indoors and i take care of outdoors. I do lend a hand as there is more to do in than out.

The only issue we have is seeing each other. I work 2nd shift and she works 1st shift. Which leaves little time for you know what(my only complaint). I know typical guy complaint but hey, it's an issue.
    09-10-08 08:52 PM
    I would say quality time spent together...my schedule is more rigid but I make time...however I don't feel it is reciprocated
    09-10-08 08:55 PM
    We do have stressful jobs, Tanya more than I because she travels and spends time in war zones. Security at her firm is good, and the soldiers look after her so we try not to think about it too much. I stay home and keep everything humming along when she's gone.

It does make the time we spend together special. I have to be the rock for her right now and keep my insecurities on the back burner. It would be irresponsible of me to burden her when she needs to be focused. There's plenty of time for me later.

09-10-08 09:10 PM
    Our issue is that I am very analytical and she is very flighty.
    Most of the time (17 years and counting) it has not been
    a major problem, but I do think we annoy the ish out of each
    other from time to time. Fortunately those have been far a few
    between.
    09-10-08 11:31 PM
    Distance...

...makes the heart grow fonder...

can also define the relationship from the start.
    09-11-08 01:46 AM
    Hmmm...I'm with Cate...distance

09-11-08 01:48 AM
    One of our issue is communication. Sometimes I find it hard to listen to him because he take forever to get to the point, so I would cut him off and start trying to make my point.
    09-11-08 11:03 AM
    Sometimes I just wonder... if he's completely over his ex's... if there's still something there.
    09-12-08 02:40 AM
    the constant reminders of wanting me to commit. i'm always straight up from the beginning about not wanting exclusivity, but the ones who are the most cavalier and confident about my choice are usually the most dependent and whiny in the end.
    09-12-08 07:27 AM
    Communication, or lack there of.

09-13-08 11:51 AM
    We don't have "issues"...

We have a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION!!!

09-13-08 10:15 PM
    My wife hasn't been happy since I started dating my Blackberry. I'll call her, um, Kate. I like spending time with Kate. She only talks to me about things I want to talk about. We have the same likes. She doesn't nag, or roll her eyes at me. And, Kate is a SUPER good cuddler. I wish my wife was more like my Blackberry...
    09-15-08 02:18 PM
    Whoa DUDE!!!

Get a room!!!

09-15-08 08:19 PM
    Maybe change your name to borrowed time , We have lawyers in CrackBerry and it sounds like you might need one soon .
    09-17-08 10:29 AM
    My relationship issue...is that I'm not in one :P

My last relationship however...the biggest problem (for me at least) is that she didn't want to have MY kids. I have Crohn's and I'm Bi-Polar...she was a psych major yet oddly enough was convinced that I would pass both on to my children for sure. Being a pysch major she surprisingly didn't know that Bi-Polar is primarily dominant in females and are better carriers, it also generally skips a generation. As far as Crohn's goes, its the same story except its not genetic, so passing it on is a slim to none chance.

I personally couldn't handle that, I've never let my illnesses hold me back from anything I've wanted to do. I've always wanted to have my own kid and having her say that was a slap in the face. There was definitely some other major issues, but that was a bigger one...

09-20-08 09:24 AM
    Happily single but some of my friends would love to tie up my time!!! I am also in grad school and work full time soooo.... Kids, work, school, social time, blackberry.... sorry can't fit em in.

My boys are big enough to cook and fin for themselves... do I want to give up my freedom to come and go as I please without checking in and out with someone... Nah not right now. Sound selfish? Oh well it is what it is and my choice.
    09-22-08 05:28 AM
    im kinda a sociapath in that i crush the women i date emotionally. dunno why i do it but i just do been staying away from relationships lately cuase of that
    09-22-08 10:42 AM
    Ok here is one. I started talking to my ex again a few months ago. She has a bf that I know is cheating on her. My one friend worked with him and asked him for another girls number and to "hook it up". He also broke up with her for no reason for 3 days.. Hmm I wonder why. Well my ex and I have been going out.. bars, lunch, museum, even a road trip for a day. Before the road trip she said she went out with her roommate the night before and said she felt uncomfortable because her roommate met a guy there so she felt like a third wheel. I asked where her bf was and she said they never go out. And that he took his own road trip that weekend. Needless to say she told me she does not trust him.
    So now I am starting to have feelings for her again. And I also feel that there is still something there, but at the same time I feel like I am filling a void where the current bf is falling short. Any ideas, advice on what I should do?
    09-22-08 11:07 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD