So I am in KFC and the bill is $28.22. I give the girl $30.00 and then find .25 cents and hand it to her.
    She hands it back and says I rang up for the $30.00. And the machine tells me how much to give you.
    I would have to start over to figure it out. WTF is wrong with that picture.
    U said you can't figure out you give me $2.02 back instead of $178?
    She could have WTF'ed you back for being horrible at math ;-). I would have done so if I was her.
    I'm confused what U mean?
    $30.25 - $28.22 = $2.03

Your logic is flawed. What you were trying to do would not work in this case. For example:

Had your total been $10.05 and you gave her $11.00 you would get $0.95 back. To avoid getting a bunch of change you decide to give her $11.05 in order to receive $1 instead of $0.95.
    Precisely. I simply wanted Raven71 to figure it out on his/her own accord.

Though a penny off, the point of her post was to denote how some clerks rely on the register more to do math rather than thinking. - Not to "inflame" those who work in retail/fast food .etc industry, but it does happen. - Moving on, and "letting it go"

I'm thinking it's burbon time
    'Proving' such a 'point' that you've noted; via Raven71 providing evidence that an individual's brain sans computer...can't accurately calculate what many deem to be a simple calculation...is paradoxical.

And yes, I'm ready for some alcoholic-fare as well; instead of some burbon...I'll probably reach for the tried and true 'Heini' when I get home. What's on my mind? I'm ready to burn rubber on the turnpike to go back to my abode.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 11-19-08 at 04:34 PM.
    11-19-08 04:23 PM
    That was my point she could not figure it ouy, but ur right I was off a penny because I pressed the 2 instead of 3 key and didn't realize it till now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 04:38 PM
    11-25-08 04:04 PM
    I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

J/K, I hate everyone.
    11-26-08 03:00 PM
    Man, its snowing bad right now! Looks like I'm gonna have to dig my car out in the morning. *sigh*
    12-18-08 01:01 AM
    Why am I the only one posting in this thread?
    12-21-08 02:34 PM
    Why doesn't someone make chocolate covered mince pies? I'd eat them.
    Well, at least I'd try them.
    Mince pies are good, chocolate's good, what's not to like?

12-21-08 02:48 PM
    Glass of wine and a bubble bath.

12-22-08 03:12 PM
    I hope the roads get plowed tomorrow. I still have a few Christmas gifts to buy.
    12-22-08 11:35 PM
    I've been sitting here stressing over picking up my sister from work. If you had the option of staying in a nice warm bed or going out in 21 degrees (feels like temp of 10) wouldn't you choose bed? Too bad it's not an option. Argh, and all the roads are frozen :-( I want to stay home!
    12-22-08 11:57 PM
    I'm eagerly awaiting the New year to begin. Good things around the bend.
    12-23-08 12:10 AM
    trying to figure out y ppl lie about things not worth lying about
    12-23-08 01:20 AM
    Why am I the only one posting in this thread?
    Probably because; and statistically so...the author of his/her own thread; tends to post in it the most. 1 2 MaNy...perhaps you can quote this post of mine and attach one of your cute clip art/animated graphic/etc. to it...a satirical thumbs up will do.
    12-23-08 01:10 PM
    Probably because; and statistically so...the author of his/her own thread; tends to post in it the most. 1 2 MaNy...perhaps you can quote this post of mine and attach one of your cute clip art/animated graphic/etc. to it...a satirical thumbs up will do.

Look Hi-Def, its no secret that your antagonistic personality and smart mouth rubs me the wrong way sometimes, so I'm gonna ask you nicely to not quote my posts with snyde or challenging remarks . I in turn will remain polite to you. If other people are willing to put up with your sometimes counter-negative posts, then they are better people than I. I just simply lack the patience.

I'm not trying to start an argument by posting this, so please don't feel the need to put on your battle armor and coordinate a battle plan. I just simply want to avoid anymore arguments with you. You have a cunning tongue and a nack for debating. I have a cunning mind and no debating skills whatsoever. I also lack the ability to back off when I feel that someone is challenging me to an argument or debate. Therefore, its kind of a catch 22 for me.

I don't want any trouble, I just want to enjoy what this wonderful site has to offer and maybe make a few friends along the way.

-Thanks Buddy
    12-23-08 02:53 PM
    Look Hi-Def, its no secret that your antagonistic personality and smart mouth rubs me the wrong way sometimes, so I'm gonna ask you nicely to not quote my posts with snyde or challenging remarks . I in turn will remain polite to you. If other people are willing to put up with your sometimes counter-negative posts, then they are better people than I. I just simply lack the patience.

I'm not trying to start an argument by posting this, so please don't feel the need to put on your battle armor and coordinate a battle plan. I just simply want to avoid anymore arguments with you. You have a cunning tongue and a nack for debating. I have a cunning mind and no debating skills whatsoever. I also lack the ability to back off when I feel that someone is challenging me to an argument or debate. Therefore, its kind of a catch 22 for me.

I don't want any trouble, I just want to enjoy what this wonderful site has to offer and maybe make a few friends along the way.

-Thanks Buddy
    You've always been cool with me...you've read too far into what I said; usually the bibliography isn't meant to be read; it's just there to meet publishing requirements often times. I say that one day you, I and exelant should get together for some drinks. In fact exelant may even pick up the tab. What do you say bud? So to bring some relavence to the thread...that is what's on my mind; I need a drink.
    12-23-08 04:06 PM
    ... I picked up some etymotic in-ear phones and wondering how they may compare to Shure's. May go buy a pair of those tonight, too.
    12-23-08 04:13 PM
    You've always been cool with me...you've read too far into what I said; usually the bibliography isn't meant to be read; it's just there to meet publishing requirements often times. I say that one day you, I and exelant should get together for some drinks. In fact exelant may even pick up the tab. What do you say bud? So to bring some relavence to the thread...that is what's on my mind; I need a drink.
    Im good for a round or two! I also speak engineer so I can translate,
    12-23-08 04:17 PM
    Okay...I'm sick and tired of people trying to touch the screen every time I show them my Bold!!! I do not want grubby little fingerprints on my screen!!!
    12-23-08 04:22 PM
    If I took what you posted the wrong way, I apologize. I guess I'm just not used to that kind of a comfort level with people I hardly know and this barrage of hostile people that have been joining the site lately have me on edge a bit. If your truly just jokingly being a smart a**, then we actually have more in common than I thought.....and I would more than willingly have drinks with you, exelant and whoever else wants to join. Cheers!
    12-23-08 04:47 PM
    im thinkin about how fat i am... i just ate everything at chili's... thats all.
    12-23-08 06:31 PM
    I think you're right about attitudes, it's even affecting people who have always been cool. It might be time for a break. I don't know.

12-24-08 06:29 AM
    I think you're right about attitudes, it's even affecting people who have always been cool. It might be time for a break. I don't know.

Good morning buddy!! You're posting kinda early today...do you have the day off??

Last edited by w00dy65; 12-24-08 at 06:41 AM.
    12-24-08 06:37 AM
    Nah. Just do what I'm gonna start doing, let it roll off. If these little newbie "Storm Troopers" wanna come on this site and cause trouble for everyone, let em'. The the mods will eventually weed them out. A few years from now you, me, Hi-Def, w00dy and a bunch of other cool people will be
    the well respected OG members that have like 50,000 posts. Lol

Good morning buddy!! You're posting kinda early today...do you have the day off??
    He hasn't even been to bed yet. Hi-Def and I kept him out all night drinkin'! Lol
    12-24-08 03:17 PM
    Nah. Just do what I'm gonna start doing, let it roll off. If these little newbie "Storm Troopers" wanna come on this site and cause trouble for everyone, let em'. The the mods will eventually weed them out. A few years from now you, me, Hi-Def, w00dy and a bunch of other cool people will be
    the well respected OG members that have like 50,000 posts. Lol

He hasn't even been to bed yet. Hi-Def and I kept him out all night drinkin'! Lol
    LOL @ "Storm Troopers" and I guess those toilets will just keep flushing! Good to see the old 1 2...it's been a while!

Merry Christmas brah!

12-24-08 04:03 PM
    hmm... How does Santa go into your condo if you don't have a fireplace?
    And if he manages to get in, can you shoot him? I mean the sucker is breaking into my apartment. He may be old, but has anybody ran a background check on this guy? Does he have any predatory sexual tendencies? that could be fun if you're open minded enough, huuh errr I mean hmmm anyway, I just can't let anybody like that into my house.
    12-24-08 04:10 PM
745 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD