What carrier do you find best? Talk about it!

For me, it must be AT&T, it's all I know, the customer service by me is great, the call quality could be better in general, but like I said, it's all I know and I'm rather happy with it.
    01-10-10 10:26 AM
    What carrier do you find best? Talk about it!

For me, it must be AT&T, it's all I know, the customer service by me is great, the call quality could be better in general, but like I said, it's all I know and I'm rather happy with it.
    AT&T was just rated the worst carrier in the nation by Consumer Reports. This is not the first time that this has happened. Indeed, as memory serves me, AT&T is consistently rated as the worst carrier in the nation year in and year out by Consumer Reports.

I was a former AT&T customer and had to fire them because I could not maintain calls anywhere in Southern California. The service was simply terrible.

I've been using T-Mobile for years now and couldn't be happier.
    01-10-10 10:47 AM
    Yeah, a lot of people I know love Verizon. I just don't like how you can't pop out the sim card and re-attach it in a different phone.
    01-10-10 10:54 AM
    Like religion and politics, comparing carriers bring out the worst in folks.

Location and coverage are measurable, but interactions with customer service bring may variables into the discussion.

01-10-10 11:08 AM
    Well. I've got AT&T on my personal phone, and VZW on my work phone. Call quality on them is comparable, but the coverage is heavily weighted to VZW. AT&T just can't compare on that front. As for T*Mo, the closest tower of theirs is 40 miles from my house, and their coverage is even worse than AT&T's. So for me, it's VZW, simply due to their coverage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 01:39 PM
    I like Sprint. Good coverage for the price and I'm a no-frills type of gal. I've only ever dropped a call in this dead zone about 3 blocks from my old residence and that's about it. Customer Service leaves much to be desired though. I think they've decided to stop outsourcing though so things should improve soon.

I'd go with Verizon as a company as far as phone options, but I don't make enough to support such bills! D: Absolutely bananas!
    01-10-10 02:46 PM
    Sprint. I've had Sprint for about 6 years now. They have the best service for the area where I live. I don't have any problems with their service and their rates are pretty good too.

01-11-10 12:09 AM
    I have had very good luck with T-Mo. They have fairly good signal strength in CO. I have found when dealing with CS for any company, it's only as good as the day the rep is having, . Seriously, if you're having a bad time with one, make an excuse, say you're losing connection, hang up and then call back.

01-11-10 12:30 AM

Betty was great, she had chlamydia. Then there was Nancy, gonoria for her, but sweet as sweet could be. Typhoid Mary was always a hit at parties, and pink eyed Sheli, well eventually I got over her.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-11-10 12:46 AM

Betty was great, she had chlamydia. Then there was Nancy, gonoria for her, but sweet as sweet could be. Typhoid Mary was always a hit at parties, and pink eyed Sheli, well eventually I got over her.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Quote:

You forgot Long Tall Sally you met in the alley. Wasn't that the place you got... Uhh, the shot cured that one, as I recall. Never mind.

Last edited by BergerKing; 01-11-10 at 04:25 PM.
    01-11-10 04:22 PM
    Quote:

You forgot Long Tall Sally you met in the alley. Wasn't that the place you got... Uhh, the shot cured that one, as I recall. Never mind.

Sally was a giver, that's for sure.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-11-10 04:43 PM
    AT&T is my favorite, followed closely by T-Mobile. Verizon is 3rd, and well, Sprint is last. I hate hate hate hate Sprint.

I'm thinking of cancelling my service with them.
    01-11-10 04:55 PM
    I had Verizon for the time I was 17-23 years of age and I was pretty happy with
    the service. I've been using AT&T for almost 3 years now and my service has been
    equally as good but I get much better customer service with AT&T.
    01-11-10 07:14 PM
    I've only been with Verizon since I had my first nokia at 16 and have never had any problems with CS or coverage, so I'm happy. Maybe I should branch out to see if I'm missing anything, but right it ain't broke, so no need to try and fix it...
    01-12-10 01:24 AM
    I use T*Mo. Coverage up here is pretty good, and the bill is cheap. After my small discount, I'm at $130 for 4 phones, 1000 minutes, and a home phone with unlimited minutes. One BB package, and unlimited texting for everyone.
    01-12-10 04:16 AM
    I can speak from a lot of experience because I've tried just about everything. I've had AT&T (and Cingular before AT&T took over), Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile (and Voicestream before it was T-Mobile), TracFone, Boost, Virgin. Am I missing anything?

Anyway, I have T-Mobile now. I've been using it for at least a year and a half now. Longer I'm sure. Probably getting close to 2 years. Before that I was using Sprint. And Sprint worked fine. But I have had absolutely no problems with T-Mobile. So I'm sticking with it for now. My next choice if I were to leave would be Verizon. I've had the least experience with them but from my experience with AT&T (and reviews and reports about them) and Sprint, I wouldn't go with them again.
    01-12-10 06:31 AM
    My favorite carrier - The USS Abraham Lincoln

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Had verizon back in the day, wasn't too bad, just too much $ for me. Went to US Cellular, they weren't too bad as far as coverage and price, but at the time did not have any smartphone options, so we went to Sprint. Was usually pretty happy with them; good bang for the buck. But now we are with AT&T since 95% of our friends and cow-orkers are on it as well. Of course, after we switched from Sprint, Sprint announced their "call to any mobile free" plans. Figures. But we've been pretty happy with at&t; in fact, since I switched to a Blackberry, I haven't had a dropped call. (just jinxed myself!)
    01-12-10 05:54 PM
    US Cell, for sure. Especially where I live in Northeastern Wisconsin. Customer service, monthly rates, service coverage; it's all there. If only they would be more on the current technology ball... Everyone around here who has it loves it, and those who don't have USCC wish they did.
    01-13-10 12:55 AM
    Well you are in NE Wisconsin. Why do you need technology? Do they even have television up there yet?

Actually have spent a little time in Sheboygan, have a friend there. It's a nice place.
    01-13-10 03:29 AM
    Lol. I live 5 minutes outside of 5heboygan, in a suburb if that's a valid term up here. It is nice, though I miss Madison where I grew up. Seriously though, USCC has a good hold on the midwest. I'm glad and lucky I went this carrier route- for where I live it can't be beat!

01-13-10 04:25 AM
    My uncle has a cabin up in Keshena, just north of Shawano. Up until about 5 or 6 years ago, that was a dead spot, but now I roam while up there. Einstein PCS? I'd be roaming up by you, but T*Mo has invaded Fon du lac and is starting to creep into Sheboygan. It's just a matter of time. But the phone works, whether it's T*Mo or someone else.
    01-13-10 06:11 AM
    We have had Sprint now for 3 yrs and for our money it is great. They have improved over the last year with cuztomer service. Our kids have Verizon and are billed seprately for each feature. We have all for one low price and have friends and family for free. Anyway we love our carrier and BB.

01-27-10 05:31 PM
    Verizon is a luxury company. I like Verizon
    01-28-10 10:37 AM
    Sprint is the best carrier.
    01-29-10 01:05 AM
    Verizon: Good phones, damn good coverage, m2m calling, gr8 customer service.
    01-31-10 01:16 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD