Hey guys I was just Curious about what your download speeds might be with your blackberry browser and 3G coverage
    So tell me what's your average download speed and what carrier you are using
    07-29-12 03:14 AM
    Hmmm... Anybody out there? Lol
    07-30-12 04:51 PM
    I'm using a Playbook(64GB) and a BB Curve 8520(no 3G)

Playbook-wifi;
    32mb/s download
    22mb/s upload

Curve 8520-wifi; 5,6mb/s download
    1.1mb/s upload

Carrier: Vodafone
    08-01-12 07:32 AM
    Finally a reply lol
    That's good much quicker than we get in south africa
    The fastest carrier we have here is Cell-c and the fastest download speed on 3G so far is 190/kbps haven't linked up my wifi so wil test that as soon as I get working on it
    08-01-12 07:47 AM
    It varies significantly I am afraid, AT&T is not exactly the most reliable (and neither is Verizon 4G LTE). I range between 200kbps-1.5mbps on AT&T down, 50kbps-500kbps up. (bridge/wifi hotspot). On Verizon LTE the max I have seen is 5mbps down, 2 up.
    08-01-12 08:11 AM
    Interesting with Cell c the download speed is at its highest during the hours between 10pm at night to 7pm the next morning you'll get between 130/Kbps and 190/Kbps and then during the day you only get like between 20/Kbps and 80/Kbps

With Vodacom the highest download speed is between 30/Kbps and 75/Kbps
    I haven't tested MTN yet but lots of my friends complain about the bad reception with MTN so I'm not even going to bother lol
    08-01-12 08:19 AM
    Finally a reply lol
    That's good much quicker than we get in south africa
    The fastest carrier we have here is Cell-c and the fastest download speed on 3G so far is 190/kbps haven't linked up my wifi so wil test that as soon as I get working on it
    Yea thats Europe.. Fast internet almost everywhere. But sometimes also a few network breakdowns (like 1day without internet/sms/calls)
    08-01-12 03:55 PM
    Yea thats Europe.. Fast internet almost everywhere. But sometimes also a few network breakdowns (like 1day without internet/sms/calls)

1 day without internet/sms/calls?
    I think I'd die lol or would keep myself busy with something to take my mind off it
    In the last 5 years we've only had 1 network breakdown but luckely not with my carrier
    08-02-12 06:49 AM
    Depends on what I've had to eat.
    08-02-12 05:05 PM
    Lol and why is that?
    08-02-12 06:31 PM
    1 day without internet/sms/calls?
    I think I'd die lol or would keep myself busy with something to take my mind off it
    In the last 5 years we've only had 1 network breakdown but luckely not with my carrier
    Yea but we have almost 10 available networks here, and we can use the network of an other provider (only for calls and sms)

Edit: the breakdown often have to do something with a power suply faillure, or a fire or connection error
    08-03-12 03:54 AM
    Yea but we have almost 10 available networks here, and we can use the network of an other provider (only for calls and sms)

Edit: the breakdown often have to do something with a power supply failure, or a fire or connection error

Oh I see here we have 5
    Cell c
    Vodacom
    MTN
    8ta
    Virgin mobile

8ta relies on MTN's network
    And then the rest are on there own network not sharing lol
    08-03-12 04:14 AM
    Oh I see here we have 5
    Cell c
    Vodacom
    MTN
    8ta
    Virgin mobile

8ta relies on MTN's network
    And then the rest are on there own network not sharing lol
    In europe they share all the networks in case of an error / fault . But also for emergency calls / sms if needed
    08-05-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD