Why is this even possible? Why do human beings have such permission? Do they really get taught this stuff?

Video: Nine Stockton police officers arrest 16-year-old | Fusion

Why are people still voting and accept this system?

I'm speechless, again. It's just not right and the silence everyone shows in that country is scary.
    It's more and more, and people are still cheering when new potential "presidents" are on TV begging you to vote for them.

Einstein is definitely right, the stupidity of humans is infinite.

Some things are just "No".

09-18-15 07:37 AM
    Land of the free and the home of the brave.
    09-18-15 09:32 AM
    Unfortunately all you see is where this video started not knowing what happened prior to that.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    09-18-15 10:08 AM
    It's that "I've got nothing to hide", "I've done nothing wrong" attitude. You will get bitten, even if you've got nothing to hide and have done nothing wrong...

Told ya.

Power-tripping cops on the loose... :-(
    Power tripping gov'ts will follow.

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    dejanh likes this.
    09-20-15 07:30 PM
    Classism, racism, plutocracy, you name it. Nobody votes this stuff into action. The ruling elite are born into power and their descendants keep it that way. It's the great cycle of civilization: there's rise of power, an overthrowing of that power and the rising up of a new power in its place.
    I could go on forever about the evils of this societal structure. Instead I'll state the obvious. The majority of cops are good but a select few are in the pockets of the wealthy and simply view the average (poor) citizens as nothing but pesky ants. Ironically, it is these ants that pay their salaries, not the wealthy elite of which they protect the homes/ interests.
    Sadly I doubt this will change unless we bring out the guillotines.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    grover5 likes this.
    09-22-15 12:43 PM
    Classism, racism, plutocracy, you name it. Nobody votes this stuff into action. The ruling elite are born into power and their descendants keep it that way. It's the great cycle of civilization: there's rise of power, an overthrowing of that power and the rising up of a new power in its place.
    I could go on forever about the evils of this societal structure. Instead I'll state the obvious. The majority of cops are good but a select few are in the pockets of the wealthy and simply view the average (poor) citizens as nothing but pesky ants. Ironically, it is these ants that pay their salaries, not the wealthy elite of which they protect the homes/ interests.
    Sadly I doubt this will change unless we bring out the guillotines.

You really believe that?
    The problem is lack of respect of authority and self entitlement and the biggest one, lack of morals. That's what's wrong with this country. Yes, I will say there are persons with authority that abuse there power however last I heard jaywalking was against the law. No matter how trivial it may seem. My guess is if one would have complied to the officers demands the situation wouldn't have escalated.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 09-22-15 at 02:20 PM.
    09-22-15 01:43 PM
    You really believe that?
    The problem is lack of respect of authority and self entitlement and the biggest one, lack of morals. That's what's wrong with this country. Yes, I will say there are persons with authority that abuse there power however last I heard jaywalking was against the law. No matter how trivial it may seem. My guess is if one would have complied to the officers demands the situation wouldn't have escalated.
    Yeah she's right, but so are you. It's all a big mess and Truthfully I see the winds of revolution all over the world blowing. People are tired of it.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 03:16 PM
    You really believe that?
    Well, I don't know where you're from.
    Morality lies in many places and many individuals on both sides of these types of stories that we've come accustomed to witnessing around us and also seeing on the media.

But that mentality you have would've been very different had you been with me as a kid in NYC in the early 90's taking the subway to school and getting constantly searched and roughed up just to be let go and told to shut up just on a power trip to intimidate from a small number of officers.

I agree that most cops are ok. We had a very many good ones with the police athletic league that were awesome with us and were very friendly to us.

But the reality is that the police forces have many abusive individuals.

This kid handled it wrong and should've complied and live to fight another day in court.
    He stupidly risked getting shot and killed on the small possibility that the cop had been a trigger happy or chokehold-happy buddy of other bad cops we've seen over the years.

This particular cop did his job correctly. He's committed to arrest once the kid resisted. Getting to that point is where things might've been able to be handled better, but we don't see what happens before the video.

I give this cop the benefit of the doubt.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    anon(9088244) likes this.
    09-22-15 03:40 PM
    Well, I don't know where you're from.
    Morality lies in many places and many individuals on both sides of these types of stories that we've come accustomed to witnessing around us and also seeing on the media.

But that mentality you have would've been very different had you been with me as a kid in NYC in the early 90's taking the subway to school and getting constantly searched and roughed up just to be let go and told to shut up just on a power trip to intimidate from a small number of officers.

I agree that most cops are ok. We had a very many good ones with the police athletic league that were awesome with us and were very friendly to us.

But the reality is that the police forces have many abusive individuals.

This kid handled it wrong and should've complied and live to fight another day in court.
    He stupidly risked getting shot and killed on the small possibility that the cop had been a trigger happy or chokehold-happy buddy of other bad cops we've seen over the years.

This particular cop did his job correctly. He's committed to arrest once the kid resisted. Getting to that point is where things might've been able to be handled better, but we don't see what happens before the video.

I give this cop the benefit of the doubt.

Back in the day they would have just drove this kid to a field and beat the crap out of him. No paperwork, no courts, no waste of taxpayer dollars. And the next time the lil gangsta heard a lawful order from a peace officer, he might think hey perhaps I should get off the road so I don't the the stupid smacked out of me a second time.

Act like a gansta and carry an attitude.................git gansta treatment. Seems appropriate to me.

wojt7 and Mr.Monty like this.
    09-22-15 03:57 PM
    Back in the day they would have just drove this kid to a field and beat the crap out of him. No paperwork, no courts, no waste of taxpayer dollars. And the next time the lil gangsta heard a lawful order from a peace officer, he might think hey perhaps I should get off the road so I don't the the stupid smacked out of me a second time.

Act like a gansta and carry an attitude.................git gansta treatment. Seems appropriate to me.

Wow.
    Just wow.
    Don't assume all orders are 'lawful orders'.
    The correct thing is to obey all orders just to not risk getting killed by the cop and live to fight it in court.
    But what you spew is pure nonsense.

That's just a stupid kid.

When there's actual 'acting gangsta' as you put it, cops squirm away and don't come back until they have numbers and DT's all over the place.

Edit: on the video skit you posted, that was hilarious lol.
    'get a white friend!' ahahahhahaha

Last edited by jope28; 09-22-15 at 04:20 PM.
    09-22-15 04:10 PM
    A stupid kid with a foul mouth and a bad attitude.

Just saying if that'd been me back then, after I found someone other than my father to bail me out the beating I'd of received from my dad would have made that look like foreplay.

We knew better I guess and some of it we learned the hard way.

Think that stupid kid learned anything?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    dphjeff, raremage and Mr.Monty like this.
    09-22-15 05:28 PM
    Land of the self entitled and lazy.
    09-22-15 06:48 PM
    A stupid kid with a foul mouth and a bad attitude.

Just saying if that'd been me back then, after I found someone other than my father to bail me out the beating I'd of received from my dad would have made that look like foreplay.

We knew better I guess and some of it we learned the hard way.

Think that stupid kid learned anything?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Hope he did. And the cops, too. It goes both ways... :-)

Parents, do your "job", too, ah... screw,
    they're not allowed to anymore... :-(

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-23-15 04:05 PM
    Acceptance makes things possible.

If enough ppl accept the system as is, nothing is going to change.

FED = a private family owning the money.

No money for schools, streets, farmers getting real money for work instead of Monsanto destroying everything, but heeeyyy, there's a bank which needs 500 billion, okay here it comes. The other one needs 1 trillion, hmm might take an hour.

But dare you having payed 1cent too little tax, they take away your house and close your bank accounts. And they do that with police "authority".

In this case: no money = no food =......... (fill in the gap)

[/irony] This system needs to be protected, right? [/irony off]

09-23-15 07:14 PM
    Acceptance makes things possible.

If enough ppl accept the system as is, nothing is going to change.

FED = a private family owning the money.

No money for schools, streets, farmers getting real money for work instead of Monsanto destroying everything, but heeeyyy, there's a bank which needs 500 billion, okay here it comes. The other one needs 1 trillion, hmm might take an hour.

But dare you having payed 1cent too little tax, they take away your house and close your bank accounts. And they do that with police "authority".

In this case: no money = no food =......... (fill in the gap)

[/irony] This system needs to be protected, right? [/irony off]

Authority isn't just police. Parent, siblings, teachers, bosses, coworkers and the list goes on. Most people that have grown up in the past twenty five or thirty years or so don't respect them selfs let alone there parent or even anyone else for that matter. And it's not getting better and look at all the so called tolerance that has been put into place in those years.
    I will agree with the bailouts. It should of never happened. The government said they were to big to let them fail. I have one thing to say about that. BS! I personally will go out of my way not to do business with the companies that received that money.
    As for farmers getting paid for nothing. Are you a farmer? The family farms are getting fewer and fewer. Well I used to farm. You have no idea of fuel costs, seed costs, equipment costs, labor costs and so on. Yes we did have government ground. The government sets aside ground to not be used to keep the grain market prices up and stable. If the market was flooded with wheat do you think you could purchase a loaf of bread for pennies? Never happen! The people making that loaf of bread would sell it at the same price. I know your going to say if they grow food instead of getting paid not to we would be better off. Let me put this out there 60 percent of the food produced in the US is wasted!
    09-23-15 09:31 PM
    You really believe that?
    Lack of respect comes down from above. Most self-entitled pr*cks were not born that way. I hear so much of, "this round of kids is the crappiest generation ever!!" Well, who raised them? Who bought them their iPhones, and their designer jeans, and never taught them to use the crosswalk?

And you know what, when the last generation were kids too, they did the same exact thing -- just in different clothes. They broke the law when they thought nobody was looking. They didn't respect teachers or police or any authority, really. Why? Because kids are *ssholes. And honestly, given the opportunity, plenty of people would commit crimes if: 1) nobody was looking and 2) the crime was harmless. I'm not saying that everyone's a natural born criminal, but to assume that respect for authority comes naturally when police/ government aren't even natural institutions is dubious at best.

Now, does that give a person the right to mouth off once they're caught doing something against the law? Of course not, that's a rude thing to do, and to do that to someone with a gun is just plain idiotic. I will go so far as to say that expecting respect just because you have a badge and a gun is also silly. Cops are humans like the rest of us. They're not given some divine authority that makes them superior to everyone else and above the law they're supposed to be upholding. Respect goes both ways. If you don't treat the citizens you're "serving and protecting" with respect, how are you going to expect it back?

Additionally, the law is not above reproach. The law is flawed, that's why laws are constantly changing. The law is also often determined by rich, white, out of touch legislators. And I think that's why so many youth (esp. black/latino/etc. youth) have trouble giving a sh*t about it. Because a lot of the little meaningless laws that white people like myself wouldn't think twice about, could get black people thrown in jail twice as easily.

Aaaaanyway, I didn't want to go on this long, but I feel these caught-on-video situations are a lot less figuratively black and white than you think, and a lot more literally. Also, classism. :P

ETA: I do agree with you about if he hadn't resisted the situation wouldn't have escalated. But again, taking down a kid over jaywalking? It screams racial profiling.

Last edited by zombiecupcake; 09-24-15 at 06:21 AM.
    grover5 and baarn like this.
    09-24-15 06:01 AM

LOL !!!!!!

Chris Rock rocks
    09-24-15 08:56 AM
    What's wrong with this country?-o7v81am.jpg.jpg.cf.jpg

 Classic
    09-24-15 09:01 AM
    You really believe that?
    It was jaywalking. Your whole rant is absurd based on that one point alone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-24-15 09:04 AM

Back in the day huh. It sounds like you still have some stupid that needs to get smacked out. At least, that seems appropriate to me.

09-24-15 09:06 AM
    That was a nice post zombiecupcake.
    I'll just add one thing.

I think we all agree that we don't know what happened before the beginning of the video. In spite of that, the kid in the video has been labelled in this thread as a "gangsta" and "stupid".

Some alternate explanations could be that he just lost a family member and is verbally lashing out due to mourning; he may be autistic; or have some other mental illness - hell, maybe even Tourette's. I doubt the cop was able discern any of those possibilities, among others, before giving those two smacks to his diminutive opponent.
    zombiecupcake and grover5 like this.
    09-24-15 09:38 AM
    Back in the day huh. It sounds like you still have some stupid that needs to get smacked out. At least, that seems appropriate to me.

Right back at ya princess
    09-24-15 12:36 PM
    That was a nice post zombiecupcake.
    I'll just add one thing.

I think we all agree that we don't know what happened before the beginning of the video. In spite of that, the kid in the video has been labelled in this thread as a "gangsta" and "stupid".

Some alternate explanations could be that he just lost a family member and is verbally lashing out due to mourning; he may be autistic; or have some other mental illness - hell, maybe even Tourette's. I doubt the cop was able discern any of those possibilities, among others, before giving those two smacks to his diminutive opponent.
    Well you can make up all sorts of phantom excuses. That works both ways. Perhaps he was upset that his crackhead mother got him evicted from his apartment. Maybe he was going to be late to meet his homeboys and wouldn't be able to take part in the convenience store robbery or car jacking. None of which is any more likely than what you suggested.

You don't spout profanity at a cop unless you are looking to create a problem. I'd say that goes for cops as well as random strangers.

Maybe the simplest explanation is the right one, he's just a punk with a bad attitude and a chip on his shoulder.

Oh an by the way he wasn't arrested for jaywalking. Make all the excuses you want. This kid is the victim of his own stupidity. If he had done what he was told, there wouldn't be a video or an arrest.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 09-24-15 at 01:18 PM.
    09-24-15 12:43 PM
    It was jaywalking. Your whole rant is absurd based on that one point alone.

Hmmmm let's see? The law is the law! No matter how stupid you think it is. Personally I don't give a Damn if he jaywalks. Maybe someone will run is arch over next time? Oh and when that happens the little chit will sue the diver of the car and win even though it was his fault. There are many trivial laws on the books. But as citizens we need to follow them and if we don't like them get them changed. do you where your seat belt? There's another stupid law? Do you speed? There's another stupid law. I know you always where your seat belt and never never speed. But get caught and pay a fine and it's the dumbest law ever. Bla bla bla. How that for a rant.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 09-24-15 at 04:13 PM.
    09-24-15 03:43 PM
    Hmmmm let's see? The law is the law! No matter how stupid you think it is. Personally I don't give a Damn if he jaywalks. Maybe someone will run is arch over next time? Oh and when that happens the little chit will sue the diver of the car and win even though it was his fault. There are many trivial laws on the books. But as citizens we need to follow them and if we don't like them get them changed. do you where your seat belt? There's another stupid law? Do you speed? There's another stupid law. I know you always where your seat belt and never never speed. But get caught and pay a fine and it's the dumbest law ever. Bla bla bla. How that for a rant.
    The next time you don't wear your seat belt let me know if it ends with nine cops assaulting you.

09-24-15 04:10 PM
79 123 ...