Any person with a job would get fire or suspended at the very first sign of allegations but for politicians. That's why you get the "best" of them in the political arenas.
    Even those BlackBerry employees that were drunk on that plane last year got fired.

Posted via CB10
    felixweber likes this.
    11-19-13 11:10 AM
    So, you think it's acceptable for the chief magistrate to buy crack from drug traffickers that kill cops, and keep socio-economic down in problem areas? I have children, and I dont want them to think his behaviour is acceptable. We all make mistakes, but do it on your own time.

I have to take an ethics test every year with my employer. If I did what he did, I would be fired. Reputation risk would be the reason. He should have even higher expectations.

I have professionals certifications. The governing body that issues them has the right to take them away from me if I did what Rob did.

Posted via CB10
    Cop Shooting an innocent victim allows them to keep their job. Government bombing innocent countries allows them to keep their job. Politicians lying to their people and robbing our money allows them to keep their job. NSA spying on their own country and others allow people allows them to keep their job. List goes on. This scenario isn't any different.

For all the anti-ford our there, you guys better hope this new guy will do a better job than our current mayor. Toronto is not a democracy city anymore. Yesterday was a perfect example why.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    11-19-13 03:41 PM
    Just saw this on prime time (!) news today here in Germany.

Is it normal for Canadian politicians to be drug addicted? Because in Germany he would be fired within a week after such allegations...

Wow, paints a really bad picture about Canada, especially with the people here saying that this drug addicted mayor is one of the best.

Posted via CB10
    Is this normal? No.
    He would be removed as Mayor if convicted of a crime, I believe. Thus far he has not been convicted of a crime.

Please don't let this paint a bad picture of Canada - this is an anomaly of a story, which is probably why it's making the news everywhere.
    11-19-13 03:50 PM
    That's total bs. He wasn't attacking her. He was going after someone else.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, going after someone better-looking.. Perv

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:09 PM
    Cop Shooting an innocent victim allows them to keep their job. Government bombing innocent countries allows them to keep their job. Politicians lying to their people and robbing our money allows them to keep their job. NSA spying on their own country and others allow people allows them to keep their job. List goes on. This scenario isn't any different.

For all the anti-ford our there, you guys better hope this new guy will do a better job than our current mayor. Toronto is not a democracy city anymore. Yesterday was a perfect example why.

Please state why you support Rob Ford. I'm curious as to how you still can after what he's done.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-19-13 11:03 PM
    Please state why you support Rob Ford. I'm curious as to how you still can after what he's done.

"It's the people's fault. Honestly, sometimes I get so frustrated because the people are just sitting back and listening. They don't pick up th phone, they don't of down to the city hall, the don't ask questions, they just... it's frustrating " Rob Ford, 2011

2010:
    - Cuts car tax, puts back approx 63 mil back into tax payera
    - Reduced Operating Expenses by 5%

2011:
    - Privatized Garbage Collection

2012:
    - Tried to get rid of 5 cent plastic bag fee. Counselors voted no
    - Harper and Ford joint determination to tackle gun crime

2013:
    - Extends the subway in the east end

Don't get me wrong, he made some ridiculous choices in his personal life. For him to think it's okay to try crack shows he has issues. But at times like this, we, as people of Toronto have to be stronger and stick by each other. We need to help him, not trying to isolate him from our society. I didn't elect him cus he had personal issues, I elected him cus he knows how to move Toronto forward.

I'm just disgusted with the media and the manner which all these sheep followed each other in the tar and feathering of Rob Ford. We're all bombarded with biased news coverage. The man obviously made powerful enemies who don't want someone in that office implementing decisions that help the taxpayer of Toronto regards to taxes, public transit, closer analysis of development and so on. He's not dancing to their tune and now they will dig up every bone they can to destroy him. He made a few bad choices in his personal life, however how did that affect his mayoralty decision making?

11-20-13 12:20 AM
    "It's the people's fault. Honestly, sometimes I get so frustrated because the people are just sitting back and listening. They don't pick up th phone, they don't of down to the city hall, the don't ask questions, they just... it's frustrating " Rob Ford, 2011

2010:

2011:

2012:

2013:

Don't get me wrong, he made some ridiculous choices in his personal life. For him to think it's okay to try crack shows he has issues. But at times like this, we, as people of Toronto have to be stronger and stick by each other. We need to help him, not trying to isolate him from our society. I didn't elect him cus he had personal issues, I elected him cus he knows how to move Toronto forward.

I'm just disgusted with the media and the manner which all these sheep followed each other in the tar and feathering of Rob Ford. We're all bombarded with biased news coverage. The man obviously made powerful enemies who don't want someone in that office implementing decisions that help the taxpayer of Toronto regards to taxes, public transit, closer analysis of development and so on. He's not dancing to their tune and now they will dig up every bone they can to destroy him. He made a few bad choices in his personal life, however how did that affect his mayoralty decision making?

Those are all good points.

The problem is, the bad choices he made no longer extend only to his "personal life". They have become public, and he practically said, "Hey media! Look at me! Come attack me!" Many of his bad choices (including drunk driving, being drunk in public, attacking a city councillor, dealing with known drug dealers/criminals) were anything but personal, but completely public.

I think Toronto city council did the right thing by removing much of his powers. I believe they voted 39-2 on this motion, which in my opinion is completely democratic, especially because each of those councillors were elected. Furthermore, the premiere, a federal cabinet minister (can't remember which), and other influential people made their wish known that they would like to see him step down.

Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-20-13 12:33 AM
    "It's the people's

2010:

2011:

2012:

2013:

2010 - Yes, I have an extra $60 in my pocket. But my property taxes have increased higher than inflation, and user fees are higher for Park and Rec Programs for my kids

2011: Only West side of the city. Half truth. And Etobicoke was already privatized before he became mayor.

2012: I never paid the 5 cent fee because I brought bags with me. The bag tax is gone but grocery stores like Loblaws still charges it for their own pockets.

Buying drugs from dealers is supporting gun crimes. Even Conservative MP Jason Kenny wants Ford to resign.

2013 - Subway to the east is pointless. The transfer points are going to be even more bottlenecked. What you need is a grid/spider Web system like NYC or European countries.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pgg101; 11-20-13 at 07:48 AM.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-20-13 06:34 AM

No, we are shooting lower this time. As long as the person does not display personal problems openly in public we are fine with it!!!
    11-20-13 06:40 AM
    11-20-13 02:23 PM
    Put aside the debate. This made me laugh. I'd vote for him again. Lol.

What's up with Rob Ford?-facebook-20131121-232939.png

Derlitz likes this.
    11-21-13 10:31 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:37 PM
    Come on! Smoking crack! Why can't he snort coke like any respectable politician?

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 and Derlitz like this.
    11-23-13 12:40 PM
88 ... 234