I hear, now there are rumors he's planning on running for PM... I can't imagine he'd be elected, but again, I'm on the outside looking in.

Posted via CB10 from my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.2.1.1055)
    11-18-13 01:50 PM
    This guy is the best mayor ever. So entertaining but still does his job quite well.

Posted via CB10
    Derlitz likes this.
    11-18-13 01:58 PM
    This guy is the best mayor ever. So entertaining but still does his job quite well.

Posted via CB10
    I've heard conflicting information about that (mainly from this thread), but I'm glad that, at least some of, his constituents are behind him. Just don't sell him drugs or encourage his drinking.

11-18-13 02:10 PM
    I've heard conflicting information about that (mainly from this thread), but I'm glad that, at least some of, his constituents are behind him. Just don't sell him drugs or encourage his drinking.

Yea. He might have done some illegal stuff but the city was never screwed over. It's been run very well so far.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:15 PM
    So... just stumbled upon this in my twitter feed:

11-18-13 02:19 PM
    So... just stumbled upon this in my twitter feed:

That's total bs. He wasn't attacking her. He was going after someone else.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:23 PM
    Ford is an embarrassment to Toronto! Get rid of the idjit!
    11-18-13 02:24 PM
    He should not of ran and grabbed that lady for whatever reason. He looks out of control. It's not going to look good for him in the news tonight. My gosh!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:32 PM
    If he can't see that someone is in front of him he has a screw loose!
    11-18-13 02:36 PM
    That's total bs. He wasn't attacking her. He was going after someone else.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... I meant to say, before hitting post, that it actually looked kind of playful, or that she was between him and his actual target. he definitely stopped whatever his intention was, and helped her back to her feet.

Still pretty weird, though.

11-18-13 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    What part of Toronto do you live in? In Metro Toronto (the area of the city that overwhelming didn't vote for him), our property taxes have gone up, and we pay a lot more user fees for park and rec program. No service improvements to TTC, less funding for schools, etc etc. How is this "well"?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:48 PM
    Just leaving this here

Enough to Eat at Home
    Derlitz likes this.
    11-18-13 05:59 PM
    Just leaving this here

Enough to Eat at Home
    too funny.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    11-18-13 06:06 PM
    Opinion is divided on his abilities as a legislator, usually along left/right political lines. I'm left-wing, but by no means dogmatic about it.

Personally, I think he has a poor ability to work with others, and is unable or unwilling to engage in rational, productive debate on issues, without resorting to shouting down his opponents.

He ran on a populist "get rid of the gravy at city hall" platform, but he pushed for an expensive subway instead of an LRT, both to gain votes and to pit different parts of the city against each other. It's crass populism at best.

The LRT as planned, was already funded by higher levels of government including potential cost overruns and future operating costs. The new Subway that he lobbied for will cost an additional billion dollars, plus the city is on the hook for any cost overruns and all of the operating costs. For a fiscal conservative, that was a very fiscally irresponsible decision.

The proposed LRT was on an exclusive right of way. When questioned in council, he would only say "the people don't want streetcars running down the middle of the street getting in the way of cars. The people want subways". Disingenuous at best.

See:

Basically, he tried to shut down debate in the in council and in media, by refusing to discuss the issues; instead he just shouted down his opponents. When one member of his executive (a fiscal consrvative) voted against the Subway, Mayor Ford engaged in a robocalling campaign in the member's neighbourhood. Dirty.

His communication strategy/style is basically the same for his drug/alcohol/crime scandals as it is for his normal political behaviour. He basically plays the victim, refuses to listen or debate honestly, and communicates in sound bytes and talking points.

When the news of his scandals first broke, he denied everything and called the media all sorts of names (e.g. "maggots"), and claimed that everyone was just out to get him.

Now that the facts are emerging, and they are harder to deny, he's grudgingly admitting that they are true, but he will only apologize in vague terms, saying he has made "mistakes" and "let's move on". He only specifically admits to something when he is forced to. He even blames the media now because they "didn't ask the right questions" back in May. Which is a lie. The media did ask the right questions; he just refused to answer them.

At this point he is basically harming himself with his continued stubborn refusal to admit he has a problem.

But until he steps down, he is a huge embarrassment to our city.

Posted via CB10
    That is damn well said !
    Someone copy this and send it to all the world Wide media who are bashing TO or even the whole country because of Ford's actions.

I live in Montreal but I am Canadian !
    Toronto is our baby, our biggest city and one of the most beautiful cities in north American ! I don't like how people are judging us like we were all drug addicts and stuff because of this guys actions. The population of Toronto has nothing to do with this !
    As stated by gabbleratchet, Rob ford is a very secretive man who present himself as one and act like another. He is a skilled lier and a mean human being.

This is not a George Bush second mandat situation. Trust me, now that they know who he really is, they won't offer a second chance.

Us, Canadians will always give you the benefit of the doubt. You start on the top of our respect chart and it's up to you to stay there or go down hill.

Ps: not intended to bash my neighbors, it's the only known example that came to my mind.

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-18-13 06:32 PM
    That is damn well said !
    Someone copy this and send it to all the world Wide media who are bashing TO or even the whole country because of Ford's actions.

I live in Montreal but I am Canadian !
    Toronto is our baby, our biggest city and one of the most beautiful cities in north American ! I don't like how people are judging us like we were all drug addicts and stuff because of this guys actions. The population of Toronto has nothing to do with this !
    As stated by gabbleratchet, Rob ford is a very secretive man who present himself as one and act like another. He is a skilled lier and a mean human being.

This is not a George Bush second mandat situation. Trust me, now that they know who he really is, they won't offer a second chance.

Us, Canadians will always give you the benefit of the doubt. You start on the top of our respect chart and it's up to you to stay there or go down hill.

Ps: not intended to bash my neighbors, it's the only known example that came to my mind.

Posted via CB10
    No offense taken. While I don't speak for all Americans, I don't judge all, most, or even a minority of Canadians by this man's actions. They are his alone. I honestly think its kind of like a SNL skit, only real (and I was thinking that before SNL made skits about it). I feel bad for him, addiction is tough, but if he could just reel in his comments and outbursts a bit, it would help the negative attention dissipate.
    11-18-13 06:46 PM
    He first need to step down, take some time off with his family who suffered a lot from this and stay away from the cameras.
    Then, get some help for his addictions.

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-18-13 06:52 PM
    Unfortunately, he's got the crazies that lives in the burb to vote for him! Until the City of Toronto de-almagamate. This kind of jesters will be elected again and again. For heaven sake, the population in the core Toronto is larger than many electoral district in the country. Thanks to the Mike Harris conservative government doing we are given buffoon like this represent the city for the world to see.
    11-18-13 08:05 PM
    And his brother is not looking much better. He is supposed represent his riding first not baby his crazy brother. They both need to be removed asap. No professionalism at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:29 PM
    hopefully he will be coming out with a rap album sometime soon
    Derlitz likes this.
    11-18-13 10:38 PM
    So much for democracy. Ford was chosen by the people but due to his personal life, dictatorship have been put in place in Toronto. We, as people, should of voted in this matter. Not just the 40 politicians who apparently represents democracy.

Way to change the history. We now have 2 mayors, which one of them would of never been voted by the people.

We're humans and we make mistakes. If this is an example of how we act towards someone who needs help, I feel bad for people who actually does need help. Our tax money should Of been spent on helping rob ford get back on track, not push him out of his office and treat this human being as a piece of garbage.

Don't expect our streets to get any cleaner cus rob ford is gone. This shows that people in Toronto rather put people like rob ford on the side and move on forward without him.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    Last edited by TOfinest; 11-19-13 at 02:27 AM.
    11-19-13 01:22 AM
    I understand human sympathy, which he seems to be lacking in. He needs to spare everyone of his behavior and get the help he needs, on his own dime. Then maybe after he truly is better perhaps ask for another chance. But I can see why people are fed up, enough is enough.

If I was on council, I would refuse to go to work until it was a safe place to be. I would not feel safe with him plowing down others with little regard.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:48 AM
    I understand human sympathy, which he seems to be lacking in. He needs to spare everyone of his behavior and get the help he needs, on his own dime. Then maybe after he truly is better perhaps ask for another chance. But I can see why people are fed up, enough is enough.

If I was on council, I would refuse to go to work until it was a safe place to be. I would not feel safe with him plowing down others with little regard.

Posted via CB10
    I don't disagree with anything you at all but we dealt this situation in a worse way possible. Next voting will take place in October so until than we should of just moved on forward with rob ford.

For a next year or so, there will be nothing but distractions and political battle. We won't get anything done.

To refuse to go to work due to personal opinion would not be fair for the people in Toronto.

And what happened to rob ford wasn't fair either. If I got 'voted' out of my work due to my personal life, I would be furious as well. Who wouldn't?

Well let's see how the decisions will play out in a next few months. I hope, for ford's sake, he gets his act together and run for the mayor again in October. I would vote for him.

11-19-13 02:36 AM
    Just saw this on prime time (!) news today here in Germany.

Is it normal for Canadian politicians to be drug addicted? Because in Germany he would be fired within a week after such allegations...

Wow, paints a really bad picture about Canada, especially with the people here saying that this drug addicted mayor is one of the best.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:02 AM
    So much for democracy. Ford was chosen by the people but due to his personal life, dictatorship have been put in place in Toronto. We, as people, should of voted in this matter. Not just the 40 politicians who apparently represents democracy.

Way to change the history. We now have 2 mayors, which one of them would of never been voted by the people.

We're humans and we make mistakes. If this is an example of how we act towards someone who needs help, I feel bad for people who actually does need help. Our tax money should Of been spent on helping rob ford get back on track, not push him out of his office and treat this human being as a piece of garbage.

Don't expect our streets to get any cleaner cus rob ford is gone. This shows that people in Toronto rather put people like rob ford on the side and move on forward without him.

So, you think it's acceptable for the chief magistrate to buy crack from drug traffickers that kill cops, and keep socio-economic down in problem areas? I have children, and I dont want them to think his behaviour is acceptable. We all make mistakes, but do it on your own time.

I have to take an ethics test every year with my employer. If I did what he did, I would be fired. Reputation risk would be the reason. He should have even higher expectations.

I have professionals certifications. The governing body that issues them has the right to take them away from me if I did what Rob did.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:50 AM
    So, you think it's acceptable for the chief magistrate to buy crack from drug traffickers that kill cops, and keep socio-economic down in problem areas? I have children, and I dont want them to think his behaviour is acceptable. We all make mistakes, but do it on your own time.

I have to take an ethics test every year with my employer. If I did what he did, I would be fired. Reputation risk would be the reason. He should have even higher expectations.

I have professionals certifications. The governing body that issues them has the right to take them away from me if I did what Rob did.

Posted via CB10
    Any person with a job would get fire or suspended at the very first sign of allegations but for politicians. That's why you get the "best" of them in the political arenas.
    pgg101 likes this.
    11-19-13 09:49 AM
88 1234