Hi there.
    I'm just curious about the relevance of convertible automobiles. Today, almost all cars have air conditioning and a decent heater, which in my opinion is better. I prefer to use the climate control in my Mitsubishi GTO; when sitting in traffic, a convertible with its roof down, the driver is most likely taking in more heat. While driving on the motorway or freeway, air conditioning is more cost effective in fuel consumption than having the wind resistance of an open topped car. There must be some other factor than I'm missing, apart from looks and style.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 09:22 AM
    as a former convertible owner i have to say that other than riding a motorcycle there is nothing better than the feel of the wind and the warmth of the sun as you drive along. however, on a very hot day when you're at a stop light it does get a little uncomfortable but that's why a convertible owner ALWAYS keeps a hat in their car! (and a hoodie too for when it gets cool at night!) what i don't understand are the convertible owners who NEVER put the top down...WTH?
    01-13-11 09:34 AM
    What's the point? WHAT'S THE POINT?!?!?!?!

Here are a few very good reasons:

01-13-11 10:39 AM
    Unless ^ that ^ comes with the car, I still don't see the point. Chances are, though, by the time you are able to afford that sweet (50K+) convertible, you are over 50, bold, fat and wrinkly.
    01-13-11 11:15 AM
    Unless ^ that ^ comes with the car, I still don't see the point. Chances are, though, by the time you are able to afford that sweet (50K+) convertible, you are over 50, bold, fat and wrinkly.
    Settle for one out of four? Hah!

Guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.
    01-13-11 12:07 PM
    LOL!

#enoughwiththedamn10characterminimumalreadyplease
    01-13-11 01:27 PM
    They're pretty nice convertibles, I guess the appeal of Corvettes and Mustangs are good reasons, but here in the UK where I live, we have s***ty ones like the Volkswagen Beetle, Peugeot 207 cc and ugly looking BMW Mini convertibles. They cost so much more than the regular models too.

01-13-11 06:27 PM
    i dunno why but ive been more of an SUV fan than anything else really. I'm not one for driving fast just because i've had an uncle who died because of a corvette going 30 over the speed limit and crashing into his car.
    01-14-11 12:22 AM
    Chicks do dig convertibles - I bought a t-tops firebird in highschool, girls had no clue what it was but they liked it.

01-14-11 01:43 AM
    personally i dig t-tops more than a full soft top vert.
    01-14-11 08:51 AM
    Last I checked I had the option to put up the top on real hot days and blast the A/C...just sayin'...and I always got worse gas mileage with A/C on compared to top down...

01-19-11 09:53 PM
    I found the point!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-11 08:26 AM
    I only made it 45 seconds in PK, lol!

01-20-11 11:26 AM
    There is something to be said for being at one with the elements while driving (convertible, motorcycle, etc). Unless its raining... or 95 degrees..
    01-20-11 11:29 AM
    Some people have a hard time getting into little vehicles unless there's no top.

This isn't a car, but you get the idea.
    01-20-11 05:45 PM
    Come on, how can one say a Jeep with no top or doors is irrelevant?
    01-21-11 12:07 AM
    lol- thats a good one!
    01-25-11 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD