08-31-09 05:37 PM
    08-31-09 05:39 PM
    I love when you patch threads bwahahaahahh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 05:40 PM
    Ready....Set......CLOSED....
    08-31-09 05:41 PM
    Gang,

What seems to be the problem? A few threads got moved, closed or cleaned up? It's what we do. It's called moderation. You don't have to agree, and you are not owed an explanation. A moderator determined that a few threads were off topic and they were moved to off topic. It's not a big deal. Probably some posts were deleted and some topics were locked, also not a big deal. If you did not get an official warning, then you are fine. Please don't forget from our Rules & Guidelines....

THE ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS OF CRACKBERRY.COM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MOVE, REMOVE, EDIT, CLOSE THREADS/POSTS OR BAN MEMBERS (HAVE POSTING PRIVILEGES REVOKED) WHO BREACH THESE RULES OR TERMS OF USE AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING OR EXPLANATION.
    08-31-09 05:47 PM
    Gang,

What seems to be the problem? A few threads got move, closed or cleaned up? It's what we do. It's called moderation. You don't have to agree, and you are not owed an explanation. A moderator determined that a few threads were off topic and they were moved to off topic. It's not a big deal. Probably some posts were deleted and some topics were locked, also not a big deal. If you did not get an official warning, then you are fine. Please don't forget from our Rules & Guidelines....

THE ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS OF CRACKBERRY.COM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MOVE, REMOVE, EDIT, CLOSE THREADS/POSTS OR BAN MEMBERS (HAVE POSTING PRIVILEGES REVOKED) WHO BREACH THESE RULES OR TERMS OF USE AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING OR EXPLANATION.

Yeah yeah yeah. That's great. The Fed have the power to toss you in jail for no reason and keep you there.

Doesn't mean they should. Is it really so hard to PM someone and go

"Hey..this is why this was moved avoid this"

Or even to post in the topic and say "this is why this was closed"

It would stop topics asking why. But you don't HAVE to so no one will.

THE CCCCIIIIRRRRCCCCLLLLEEEEE of LLLLIIIIFFFFEEEE!!!!
    08-31-09 05:53 PM
    Its all good PK.. With the other thread just getting closed my questions were answered
    08-31-09 05:53 PM
    But why lock them if you move them to OT....nothing said was wrong so they shouldnt be locked
    08-31-09 05:54 PM
    But why lock them if you move them to OT....nothing said was wrong so they shouldnt be locked
    Probably the moderators thought that they had run their course, or that the conversation may have been getting problematic, or may have been heading down a negative path. It really doesn't matter, they got closed. Not a big deal.
    08-31-09 06:02 PM
    I'm guessing to keep everything organized lol..they must have a good reason to do what they do
    08-31-09 06:03 PM
    i still don't understand why it's so hard to post "why" and avoid topics like these to begin with...

i know you SAY you don't owe us an explaination, but think about it...without us, there is no you...
    08-31-09 06:07 PM
    Probably the moderators thought that they had run their course, or that the conversation may have been getting problematic, or may have been heading down a negative path. It really doesn't matter, they got closed. Not a big deal.
    Once again...you never would have had to post had someone gave a reason.

Don't get my wrong PK you seem like a cool dude. But when people are having fun in a topic and it dies out...it drops to the bottom of the page and out of sight. Any mod who takes it upon themselves to decide when a thread is over is a lamer. You have a bump policy use it.
    08-31-09 06:07 PM
    This is a good one
    summerized into
    "BAAAWWWLLL people are wondering what happened to a user, and they don't like the mods".

It's only a matter of time before the mods lock this topic and someone gets banned for questioning the mods judgment.

Forums Moderator
    Device Model: 8900
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular
    PIN: ky Tuscadero

Quote:
    Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    exactly....

criticism of mod/admin actions are NOT tolerated around here...hence why we call actions like this "zee nazis"
    First person to throw out a Nazi reference loses the argument

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 21productionz View Post
    Subscribed
    You wasted the effort.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    exactly....like someone said earlier, this site lacks transparency...and i don't like it...
    Closed. Anyone who wishes to communicate with Civic should find
    other avenues than a publicly viewable thread.

With that, this ridiculous thread is closed. How is that for transparency.
    I mean...how dare people try to figure out what happened to a person who is well known and has nearly 10K on this board helping people. Also...WHAT!? People talking...to people in a social board!?

NO WAI!
    08-31-09 06:11 PM
    This is a good one
    summerized into
    "BAAAWWWLLL people are wondering what happened to a user, and they don't like the mods".

It's only a matter of time before the mods lock this topic and someone gets banned for questioning the mods judgment.

I mean...how dare people try to figure out what happened to a person who is well known and has nearly 10K on this board helping people. Also...WHAT!? People talking...to people in a social board!?

NO WAI!
    lol moderation team here is a ******* joke 99% of the time
    08-31-09 06:32 PM
    I have no problems with the mods' actions and think they do a pretty good job, but, IMO, as i've seen in other forums, some mods may tend to forget what "moderation" is: in moderation. It's not arbitration, to force a specific choice in action, it's to let others mediate their own conduct, until things get out of line. That's when a moderator should step in, not have unbridled discretion to choose to do whatever course of action they decide and to make a personal judgment on what might occur, especially if it hasn't.

It's like a cop seeing a person starting to speed up and giving that person a ticket cause the cop thinks he might or likely will pass the speed limit, even though the driver hasn't.
    08-31-09 06:33 PM
    I'm offended. If you don't want people to "waste their effort" to subscribe to a thread fix the mobile version to have that option. But its my effort to waste, that sux so much for upping my post count in the lounge.

08-31-09 06:35 PM
    I have no problems with the mods' actions and think they do a pretty good job, but, IMO, as i've seen in other forums, some mods may tend to forget what "moderation" is: in moderation. It's not arbitration, to force a specific choice in action, it's to let others mediate their own conduct, until things get out of line. That's when a moderator should step in, not have unbridled discretion to choose to do whatever course of action they decide and to make a personal judgment on what might occur, especially if it hasn't.

It's like a cop seeing a person starting to speed up and giving that person a ticket cause the cop thinks he might or likely will pass the speed limit, even though the driver hasn't.

THIS!!!!!!!!!

08-31-09 06:36 PM
    We should be able to see what mod closed the thread and why. Sometimes they close them down with no reason or explanation.
    Last edited by suby723; 08-31-09 at 06:38 PM.
    I'm offended. If you don't want people to "waste their effort" to subscribe to a thread fix the mobile version to have that option. But its my effort to waste, that sux so much for upping my post count in the lounge.

they said wasted because now the thread is closed...

IMO actions/comments like that by site representatives are unacceptable...there was nothing administrative or productive about those comments....
    I am not going to defend the Mods here but I will say that PK is one of the good guys here. So cut him a little slack. If he could do more I know he would but unfortunately there are higher powers so to speak.
    08-31-09 06:37 PM
    Personally the only ones i can tolerate are PK and Christy, everyone else just tests my ******* patience cause they take online moderation so serious like their the damn Gestapo or something.
    08-31-09 06:39 PM
    I am not going to defend the Mods here but I will say that PK is one of the good guys here. So cut him a little slack. If he could do more I know he would but unfortunately there are higher powers so to speak.
    I agree he is a great guy, i really dont think its him doing the locking and moving.

Its obvious something went down and now noone gives any explanation. Anything that was Civic related in vanishing and getting locked even though it would seem to us the threads are perfect OT material?
    08-31-09 06:41 PM
    idk, it's just seems like they keep doing the same things over and over, nothing changes, nothing happens, and it's the the same pitfalls, they're bound to happen again....it'll end in mass bannings, and it'll be quiet for awhile, then mods will start doing their thing again, new people will take offense like we have, ad nauseum...
    08-31-09 06:43 PM
    yeah PK and Blaze are all good

as I said I think PK is a cool dude. My bad if it seems like I was attacking him

But there is a good chance this topic will be moved and locked.
    08-31-09 06:52 PM
    But there is a good chance this topic will be moved and locked.
    PHASE 1: COMPLETE
    08-31-09 06:53 PM
187 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD