I hope this is the right forum place for this topic.

So I watch all these videos and ppl are so exited about Android 5.0 and I don't get.

All I see is cosmetic changes and some things are a downgrade (the ridiculous navigation buttons, Google what's the average age of your devs? ). The recent app window also seems impractical (scrolls to fast).

The only useful improvement I've heard of is the ART run time.

Am I missing something or this is just some marketing gimmick to push new sales?

I mean with the BlackBerry 10, we get at least twice a year major updates and each brings tons of new (useful) features.

It's gotta be something I am missing, what is it?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:45 AM
    Android 5.0 is beautiful. It's definitely an upgrade from KitKat and previous versions. Before I picked up the passport I was debating going back to Android because the update but decided against it lol (i love blackberry!!!)

It's a huge deal though because it's one of the biggest design overhauls the company has ever done. Definitely better than apple's ios8 update. This one is major when you look at before and after shots from previous OS versions.

Just my opinion. And of course everything is faster (cleaner code, ART runtime, etc etc). But the visual is what everyone is probably excited about. I wish Blackberry focused a bit more on their OS visuals.. but I mean a Blackberry is great in terms of utility. I couldn't live without one.
    11-11-14 10:19 AM