I did a search and didn't find anything, so whats everyones favorite energy booster.

This is my latest:

I'm also fond of "Starbuck's DoubleShot's" and just about anything by "Monster"
    Last edited by michael95gt; 01-31-09 at 06:59 PM.
    01-31-09 06:51 PM
    I'm not sure how people can drink those

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 06:56 PM
    Orange juice.
    01-31-09 07:03 PM
    Apple juice has a chemical in it that increases alertness better than caffeine! Nothing wrong with caffeine, but it's bad for your heart...

Try methylphenidate instead... oh wait...
    01-31-09 07:05 PM
    Rockstar Zero-Carb!!!!!! yummy I call it "CRACK-STAR" and yes you can stay up for Two days straight with this stuff!!! takes about 3.5 cans
    01-31-09 07:32 PM
    Red Bull, or Cocaine FTW
    01-31-09 07:41 PM
    Rockstar! My current favorite is the one in the purple can!

01-31-09 07:44 PM
    Rockstar Zero-Carb!!!!!! yummy I call it "CRACK-STAR" and yes you can stay up for Two days straight with this stuff!!! takes about 3.5 cans
    Hmmm, I'll have to check that out, I haven't tried any of the RockStar drinks in a long time.
    01-31-09 07:46 PM
    Red Bull, or Cocaine FTW
    Typical med-student pimp question, "What are the three most common reasons for heart attack younger than age 35?"

1. Cocaine
    2. Cocaine
    3. Cocaine

Cocaine is like amphetamine only worse. It stimulates the heart in a way that your body cannot shut off!

People that use lots of stimulants usually have undiagnosed Attention Deficit Disorder. Get tested. Taking prescription stimulants to stay focused and feeling like you're on an even keel is better than using cocaine.

Preachy? Yes... but be serious. Methylphenidate is $15 generic. Just saying.
    01-31-09 07:47 PM
    NOS Energy drink

01-31-09 09:37 PM
    None. Eat right and sleep well and they are unnecessary.
    01-31-09 10:09 PM
    Water. and Doc is right. The most frightening thing about cocaine is how unpredictable it's effect on the body. One can take the same exact dose 99 times, then the 100th time that same amount will kill you. Scary stuff

01-31-09 10:39 PM
    You all do realize that there is an energy drink called Cocaine
    (banned here in CT because of it's name)
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-31-09 at 11:20 PM.
    01-31-09 11:17 PM
    Drink: VPX Redline.....

Pills: Ephedrine HCL, Caffeine, Aspirin aka the ECA stack. Best fatburner as well : )

01-31-09 11:18 PM
    Drink: VPX Redline.....

Pills: Ephedrine HCL, Caffeine, Aspirin aka the ECA stack. Best fatburner as well : )

Remember that A.D.D. thing I was talking about? Dood.. I don't want ur heart to splode...
    01-31-09 11:24 PM
    Remember that A.D.D. thing I was talking about? Dood.. I don't want ur heart to splode...
    how did you know I have ADD? That obvious even on forums? Damnn ; )

ECA doesn't bother me. I throw some yohimbine hcl in there sometimes.

Redline by itself is very strong so I don't mix it.

01-31-09 11:32 PM
    Used to be monster m80. Now its a workout, oj, and a bowl of cereal.

02-01-09 12:00 AM
    how did you know I have ADD? That obvious even on forums? Damnn ; )

ECA doesn't bother me. I throw some yohimbine hcl in there sometimes.

Redline by itself is very strong so I don't mix it.

One of the docs I did a family rotation with in med-school uses caffeine use as a screening for ADD... he said that if you drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day, you are normal. If you dring 1-2 POTS of coffee a day... time for some ADD therapy.

It wasn't your behavior that led to my conclusion, it was your use of STIMULANTS. As I said, Methylphenidate is $10-15 generic!

Yohimbe.. yikes. That acts on the same receptors as cocaine!
    02-01-09 12:05 AM
    Sugar-free Red Bull. I'm old school.

02-01-09 12:08 AM
    *** start of old fart preaching:

I've never had any of these energy drinks or monster, rock star things ever until a few weeks ago. I was on a biz trip to Vegas and after an all-nighter I was draggin' as$ at a morning session.

I drank an entire Red Bull. I was scared, nervous, anxious, edgy, NOT a fun experience. I've NEVER done any drugs and don't over-indulge in alcohol. So, this feeling of undue anxiety was very unsettling.

For those who regularly use energy drinks - I believe you've been desensitized to the effects of these stimulants from overuse. The effects on a "virgin" (me) were scary. If you're not feeling that loss of control with use of these stimulants - then you have lost control over your body, your emotions, and your health.

Seriously consider slowing down or discontinuing use.

*** end of old fart preaching, you kids go have your fun now.

02-01-09 12:26 AM
    As I said, Methylphenidate is $10-15 generic!
    I'm on my berry. Can you elaborate on this drug?

Stack is great for strength and endurance as well. That's what I'm looking for.

02-01-09 12:28 AM
    It's the generic of Ritalin. I'm just saying that in my family practice rotations, we used to say it was better to take a small amount of a controlled stimulant like methylphenidate than a HUGE amount of caffeine .. which is a known cardiac irritant.

Strattera is, for lack of a better way of putting it, like cocaine but without all the cardiac effects. It is a selective nor-epinephrine re-uptake inhibitor. (ie.. works in your brain, not the body).. cocaine is a NON-selective nor-epinephrine re-uptake inhibitor.. in addition to a nor-epiniphrine RELEASER... so it speeds your heart up and then won't let it shut off... so to speak.

Caffeine's energy effect is has to do with how it reduces the degredation of a chemical that helps make ATP in the cells... an energy molecule...

dood.. it's time for me to go to bed.. I'm giving Chem lectures on the Energy Drink board and I got into a fight on the Storm Os board for telling Kevin he should get his GF Chantix... lol.

Good night..

and if I do drink this crap... any of them will do so long as they have taurine, ginesing and caffeine. That lyseine and argnine they add is supposedly because they are nor-epinephrine precursors... Really attenuates the effects of the meth... Methylphenidate that is.

KIDDING !!
    02-01-09 01:10 AM
    Monster Assault
    02-01-09 02:24 AM
    I must be immune, I often drink 3 of the large cans (when I can get them on sale), and they have yet to rev me up. I can drink them before going to sleep.
    02-01-09 02:41 AM
    redbulls and energy pills during the day. coffee in the evening before bed.

I tried to stop for two weeks, started going through withdrawls. I had to get caffene back into my system.
    02-01-09 04:13 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD