What is ONE thing strange that you are OCD about? be for reals, dont make it up!

I am ocd about the way a sandwich is made... you can tell which way a loaf of bread is cut... so my two pieces of bread need to be together right... something like ( ) not (( like the ( is the piece of bread.
    I will NOT eat the sandwich if it is messed up...
    09-12-08 11:13 PM
    Honestly senses, I am OCD about nothing. I really don't
    obsess over anything. Makes my life very simple and easier
    to enjoy.
    09-12-08 11:29 PM
    Honestly senses, I am OCD about nothing. I really don't
    obsess over anything. Makes my life very simple and easier
    to enjoy.
    I wish.... i dont know why im like that... thats the only thing that bothers me really....
    09-12-08 11:45 PM
    Actually thinking about it, and I don't know if this qualifies as OCD
    but I only eat one thing at a time. Whatever i start I finish that
    before moving to anything else in the meal. Always have since
    I was a kid.
    09-13-08 12:35 AM
    i jave a couple of things... like all the labels in the fridge and cabinets and if the t.v. has the volume in numbers it has to be even numbers ....i know dumb but hey its me lol loll ol
    09-13-08 01:55 AM
    All my tin labels face the same way and I look a little like Patrick Bergin when I grow my moustache lol.
    I was going to go down the MH professional route and deride people for being flippant about OCD but its Saturday and I have a day off!

I also add the milk to the coffee before the hot water and get stressed if someone else doesn't do it that way. But I have medication for that! He he

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 03:41 AM
    Actually thinking about it, and I don't know if this qualifies as OCD
    but I only eat one thing at a time. Whatever i start I finish that
    before moving to anything else in the meal. Always have since
    I was a kid.
    That does!!!!! My cousin use to be like that, but my grandma would take his plate and mix it all together because it made her mad for some reason... Poor kid.

I think this thread will get interesting, its always fun to hear things like this!

09-13-08 04:46 AM
    My coffee. I buy water, my beans have to be ground just the right way, I boil water on the stove and use a melita filter cup. I only use beans from a small store 40 miles from my house. I'll drink other stuff, but I won't enjoy it .

09-13-08 08:23 AM
    My coffee. I buy water, my beans have to be ground just the right way, I boil water on the stove and use a melita filter cup. I only use beans from a small store 40 miles from my house. I'll drink other stuff, but I won't enjoy it .

40 miles wow
    09-13-08 12:29 PM
    I have to have all volume that has a number assigned to it in an interval of 5. It can't be at volume 17, it has to be 15 or 20.

I also eat one item at a time.... And always in order. Side first, followed by other side if there is one, if there is a bread product it has to be eaten first, meat/main course has to be eaten last.

I can't stand papers being out of order, im OCD about organization.

I also will lose it if the oval side of the bread don't match up on sandwhiches. They both have to be facing the same exact way, not one up one left, one up one down, or one up one right... both up!

Hmmm I got alot of weird quirks im stopping there!
    09-13-08 01:13 PM
    The numbers 13 and 11. I can't have my volume on these intervals, I can't do ANYTHING where these numbers are involved. Sigh..

09-13-08 01:16 PM
    I also eat one item at a time.... And always in order. Side first, followed by other side if there is one, if there is a bread product it has to be eaten first, meat/main course has to be eaten last.
    Well that settles my question. Mine is definitely NOT OCD just a quirk.
    I don't have an order, it's just whatever I start with first.
    09-13-08 02:53 PM
    Uh ok then.

09-13-08 03:06 PM
    Its ocd, mine is just... more extreme? Or more organized? haha... It's fun though when people notice, they are like "Dude you haven't touched your steak....."

"Yeah I know, gotta finish my fries first"

haha
    09-13-08 03:18 PM
    whenever i'm playing card games, the design on the card has to be one way.

UNO really gets to me, lol.
    Last edited by cate; 09-13-08 at 04:24 PM.
    09-13-08 04:10 PM
    I really don't obsess over anything. Makes my life very simple and easierto enjoy.
    If this was something i could control then i totally would!! i do have mild OCD and some days can be worse than others...

walking
    if i can - i like to avoid stepping on cracks
    if i cant then i do a number of things to make it easier - step on the tile and place the crack in the middle of my arch or place my heel on the beginning of the tile which would make my whole foot cover the tile. if the tiles are too small to do either of the above, then i do my best to ignore it.

i also count my steps - usually in steps of 4. if i am walking on a sidewalk then i try to make sure i have an even number of steps per block and then count from there (1,2-new block-1,2 etc)

food
    colored candy is the worst! i eat matching colors in even numbers from even piles...all the reds together, greens together, blues together etc and then each pile must have the same number of candies as i eat them. if i dont have a flat surface to count out the candy then i just dig out matching pieces and eat them in twos

food can not touch unless i make it

bread slices have to match up and generally with an even number of meat slices.

i am sure i have other weird eating habits that am not aware of

i double check EVERY thing...just to make sure it was done properly and that i actually did it...

there are a lot more things that i do but i'll stop for now!!
    09-13-08 04:18 PM
    This is awesome! Thanks everyone for sharing! Another thing I do is cooking... I won't cook food for an even # of minutes.... My burritos cook for 129 lol

Also.... I didn't realize that so many people felt the same way about bread facing each other like I do.

Last edited by Sensesfail99; 09-13-08 at 05:03 PM.
    09-13-08 05:00 PM
    My clothes in my closet. All my clothes are hung by type of piece and color. I go nuts when my wife or someone moves it around.

I'm also OCD when it comes to new electronics. I was my hands CONSTANTLY when I have something new.

09-13-08 05:06 PM
    My clothes in my closet. All my clothes are hung by type of piece and color. I go nuts when my wife or someone moves it around.
    yes! this too!!
    09-13-08 05:59 PM
    colored candy is the worst! i eat matching colors in even numbers from even piles...all the reds together, greens together, blues together etc and then each pile must have the same number of candies as i eat them. if i dont have a flat surface to count out the candy then i just dig out matching pieces and eat them in twos
    i match them, but i make sure there's one of each color. then i eat whatever's left over and go from there, lol. it doesn't make a difference when i'm eating peanut m&m's, but with skittles, i need to taste the rainbow
    09-13-08 06:01 PM
    I'm with you Cate! Skittles and Ike and Mike -- even piles, then one at a time from each pile. I stack coins big to small. I never even thought of being OCD. My wife has it bad -- too many things to list, but most have to do with the way things are done, I've learned to not even argue with her anymore,

09-13-08 06:41 PM
    My eggs and toast. There has to be 3 large eggs, not jumbo not medium, large eggs sunny side up. 4 pieces of wheat bread toasted lightly with salted butter on them.

09-13-08 11:57 PM
    I'm OCD about losing my wallet and my phone whenever I leave a bis or subway, m
    Car or the movies anywhere I have to check all my pockets for my keys, my phone , and my wallet. I can't leave a place without doing a tap down of all my pockets. Its like a check list and if I don't feel like my phone I almost get these panick attacks only to find it like in my habds or something. Is that weird?
    09-14-08 01:12 AM
    A lot of these habits that many of you have mentioned; are moreso quirks than anything else. I'd say someone/something is truly OCD when it actually gets to a point where it INTERFERES w/ your life; to the point where other things in your life become CLEARLY affected in a major or minor way...because of the "OCD".

Basically its like this, if you view any of these things as absolutely 'HAVING TO BE'; as opposed to 'WANTING' or 'WOULD LIKE' to be...then yeah; that's a bit OCD'ish.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-14-08 at 04:50 AM.
    09-14-08 04:44 AM
    I'd say someone/something is truly OCD when it actually gets to a point where it INTERFERES w/ your life; to the point where other things in your life become CLEARLY affected in a major or minor way...
    Basically its like this, if you view any of these things as absolutely 'HAVING TO BE'; as opposed to 'WANTING' or 'WOULD LIKE' to be...then yeah; that's a bit OCD'ish.
    yes!
    there is a difference between the "want" and then "need"...when the need is not filled then the result would be anxiety, stress, and restlessness....all of which i feel when a "quirk" done

i mentioned some of the more interesting things i do. there are a lot of other every day things that i do that i purposely left out.
    09-14-08 09:39 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD