So I'm in the market for a new laptop and a co-worker of mine just got a new one. I asked him where and he said circuspop.com I asked what the **** that was and he said it was a new reverse auction site. Then he said something about swoopo.com which I didn't really follow.

I checked them out and they seem like legit sites. Anyone ever use them? My co-worker is a bit of an oddball so I don't completely listen to everything he says. (He thinks the iphone is the best thing in the world....)

BUT, he did say he saved like 20+ % so I'm really tempted to try it out. What do you guys think?

Welcome to CircusPop
    Auction | Cheap TV laptop ipod auctions - bid & win on Swoopo
    09-29-09 04:38 PM
    Nobody has tried these? I bet you'd know if they had a Onyx for sale. Haha.
    09-30-09 12:46 PM
    Try it. Use PayPal.
    09-30-09 12:48 PM
    Well I took the plunge guys. I guess they're having an Apple sale today so I bought a Nano for $148 to try them out. Cross my fingers that it arrives.
    Last edited by cellwiz09; 10-01-09 at 01:36 PM.
    10-01-09 01:33 PM
    What nano for 148? 16gb? Video?
    10-01-09 01:45 PM
    Yup, the new one, 16gb/video, in silver.
    10-01-09 02:12 PM
    I've looked at swoopo and it looks like its all about timing (aka luck). Basically you are paying the site X amount to place a bid. The bid you pay for just increments the total price of the item (say $.10) and resets the timer on the item. If the timer expires while you have the high bid, you win. If someone else bids, the timer resets and it all starts over again.

It looks like a legit site, and if you do the math on some of these items they are making a KILLING on the "auctions". I added up one DSLR I saw sell for like $2-300 and figured based on the bid price and big increment they made something like $12k on that 1 item.

If you happen to win, you'll get a deal, but it looks a bit like playing the lotto, and the site owners are the only ones who always win.
    10-01-09 04:12 PM
    Well, for those of you who care, I got the item on Monday and everything is cool. Everything looks new and legit. Just waiting for them to get the Onyx now. Haha.
    10-06-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD