Some background information: It'll be one year for us on the 23rd, I'm 20, she's 18 - both in college. What are some good ideas for Christmas presents? She said she doesn't want jewelry. She likes to relax (like most girls do ), she likes cooking/baking, etc. I'm lost though. Any help? Thanks!
    12-08-10 01:55 PM
    Uh duh, a BlackBerry
    I bought myself next semesters books for Christmas - $600
    12-08-10 02:54 PM
    one year?

50 dollars is about normal for one year.

so dinner and movie.?
    12-08-10 03:27 PM
    1) Get her a couple of classes at a Culinary school or local college for baking or cooking,
    2) Gift certificate for a day of beauty (massage, manicure of pendicure)
    3) Romantic weekend getaway (plenty of things inexpensive if you shop around)
    4) Fill a stocking with all her favorite things (perfume, book, gas cardetc.)
    5) Magazine subscription -Martha Stewart living, Culinary arts etc.)
    12-08-10 07:03 PM
    Get her pregnant! Hahahahaha......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 07:37 PM
    12-08-10 07:58 PM
    Dude check this out, I've been married for 21 years and have three daughters, one is 17, here's some ideas- new ipod, new digital camera, tishirts like bob marley or some stuff like that, perfume is another one, jeans, bath and body works lotion and shower gel, lip gloss and stuff from Victoria secret. CD's etc. Stuff like that! Trust me! I am a professional father and husband hahahahaha! Plus you'll learn! Lol!

Lyls likes this.
    12-08-10 09:42 PM
    get her a gift card from Vicky's Secret- win/win for you both!
    ylefrancois likes this.
    12-08-10 10:11 PM
    Victoria secret, CDs or digital downloads, cloths, or shoes (never meet a woman who didn't like shoes.

By the way your 20, shes 18, you've been together for 1 year. Wouldn't that make her underage when you first started dating?!?!? Just say.
    12-08-10 10:44 PM
    don't get her a watch
    12-09-10 12:07 AM
    Cook book for some really decadent desserts. Cookware that can be used as decorative item as well such as a shortbread pan. Sweater with bling.

Don't get anything provocative as a holiday gift. Save them as a surprise.

Getting one for my mom. I must be a masochist or something.
    12-09-10 06:36 AM

I totally agree with this idea. I actually might go a step further and suggest a KINDLE for a few bucks more since Kindle has awesome whisper technology for downloading. Not sure of technology for Nook it might be nice too.

This type of gift is a great gift because its trendy fun and functional which covers three bases very nicely.

I just also want to say that ANY gift such as movie tickets , dinner out , or anything for TWO would make me look the guy right in the eye and say Thanks.... Me and my friend will enjoy these very much. I would then proceed to tell my friends what an arse my now ex boyfriend was for getting a gift for ME that is really for himself also.
    Also on that crap gift list is lingerie. Iwould say the same thing to him about how me and my friend will enjoy this gift just like the other!

Hmmm lets see , just think how fab it would be if she handed you a gift certificate to a restaurant, or said here's a coupon to go take some shelf building classes
    12-09-10 06:57 AM
    I forgot to mention.....

Let me let you in on a secret...... We all like jewelry unless we are allergic or something to metals
    It is an age old tradition for women to say this because saying jewelry somehow sets off a radar in a mans head and he immediately thinks we are trying for a ring and marriage It's like one of those unwritten laws we never actually act like we want jewelry. We will SWEAR we mean it when we say it doesn't interest us.

A really pretty bracelet , necklace , or earrings is always appreciated. if we like it ,us women will have a sense of pride that our man was man enough to buy us jewelry without freaking out and wave it proudly in front of out friends. If its ugly we hang our heads and try and hide it.
    Last edited by SandAngel; 12-09-10 at 07:16 AM.
    12-09-10 07:13 AM
    well if it's jewelry that she doesn't say she wants but secretly covets or just doesn't want to come off as some money hungry wh0re then i suggest matching his and hers nipple rings!
    12-09-10 07:35 AM
    you guys are spending WAY to much on a first or second Christmas.

-tis all. You want to show the girl that you love her and care for her. but you don't want to overbear her with kindness. She might thinks it's a little creepy. Now i am no expert when it come to women, and never claim to be. But find stuff that she likes, and modify it slightly to fit both of your taste. A Christmas present from you to her should be representative of your relationship. Something that says something about you while she is away from you. Something that leaves a memory, something that stands out head and shoulders above everything else.

If you are wanting to spend a chunk here are couple ideas.
    -Take her to get your pictures done, professionally. The female variant of the human race LOVES to have their pictures taken. And a picture of her and the love
    -Take her on a hot air balloon ride, take her canoeing.

not alot but still a chunk
    -NFL game/NCAA Football game, GOOD tickets @ a baseball game

you get the idea.

Physical items come and go, nothing really last. but good memories last a lifetime. Esp if they are the first time she's done something really enjoyable.
    12-09-10 07:49 AM
    well if it's jewelry that she doesn't say she wants but secretly covets or just doesn't want to come off as some money hungry wh0re then i suggest matching his and hers nipple rings!
    Ouch and I get it but I don't get it. To each their own. I would avoid things that cause pain unless you all are into that sort of thing. I'm sure you've seen her eye or talk about something.
    12-09-10 08:16 AM
    Why would anyone "decorate" a part of their body they constantly keep hidden?

I'd give her a commitment.
    12-09-10 08:19 AM
    As a 45 year old mother of 2 and married for almost 24 years (started dating hubby when I was 16 & he was 19), let me just say that tickets to a sports event, unless she's a huge fan, should not be considered! The spa-for-a-day gift certificate is a great idea, as well as a bunch of little gifts of things she loves. What I always loved was when he would pick up on the little things that I loved. A cd I had been talking about, a sweater that I admired while out shopping, my favorite perfume, and yes, jewelry! Something small. It's those little "I can't believe you noticed I like that" type of gift. Good luck!
    12-09-10 08:30 AM
    12-09-10 08:57 AM
    As a 45 year old mother of 2 and married for almost 24 years (started dating hubby when I was 16 & he was 19), let me just say that tickets to a sports event, unless she's a huge fan, should not be considered! The spa-for-a-day gift certificate is a great idea, as well as a bunch of little gifts of things she loves. What I always loved was when he would pick up on the little things that I loved. A cd I had been talking about, a sweater that I admired while out shopping, my favorite perfume, and yes, jewelry! Something small. It's those little "I can't believe you noticed I like that" type of gift. Good luck!
    Saw what you will about the sporting events.... My wife and i planned our entire wedding from setting at an old school Rod Run/Car Show and she still talked about it to this day, 3 years later. The FIRST thing we did after we got married was i took her to a Cincinnati Reds game and we sat 12 Rows behind home-plate. STILL talks about it. My wife is not a sports fan by any means, other than Bearcat football. And could really care less about cars. But the fact that we spent time together and i focused on stuff with her made her day.
    12-09-10 09:12 AM
    Saw what you will about the sporting events.... My wife and i planned our entire wedding from setting at an old school Rod Run/Car Show and she still talked about it to this day, 3 years later. The FIRST thing we did after we got married was i took her to a Cincinnati Reds game and we sat 12 Rows behind home-plate. STILL talks about it. My wife is not a sports fan by any means, other than Bearcat football. And could really care less about cars. But the fact that we spent time together and i focused on stuff with her made her day.
    Yea I agree with you on the spending time part. A sporting event is ok, UNLESS she feels like a sports widow (that would be mine ), then some other kind of date would be in order, but yes a special night out, is a GREAT gift. Dinner and a movie, maybe a sports activity you both like such as golf, or tennis, or a picnic, you get the idea! <----is that a sentence
    12-09-10 09:23 AM
    Yea I agree with you on the spending time part. A sporting event is ok, UNLESS she feels like a sports widow (that would be mine ), then some other kind of date would be in order, but yes a special night out, is a GREAT gift. Dinner and a movie, maybe a sports activity you both like such as golf, or tennis, or a picnic, you get the idea! <----is that a sentence
    GREAT MINDS think alike...
    12-09-10 09:38 AM
    You poor men really are gullible

I see some ideas on here from guys who say there girlfriends love stuff and I'm laughing my head off

You guys really don't have a clue do you
    Sorry guys but it's like an unwritten law that you guys don't know about and us girls talk about all the time when you are not around.
    12-09-10 07:54 PM
    You poor men really are gullible

I see some ideas on here from guys who say there girlfriends love stuff and I'm laughing my head off

You guys really don't have a clue do you
    Sorry guys but it's like an unwritten law that you guys don't know about and us girls talk about all the time when you are not around.
    But you gals know exactly what we talk about, cause it's just 1 thing, and it's pretty much on our minds 24/7!
    12-09-10 08:12 PM
    How about get her a boyfriend that knows what she likes and has the balls to make his own decisions instead of asking a bunch of random people on the internet who have never met her what she wants for a gift?

I mean, if you're going to ask someone what she would like maybe talking to someone close to her would be more beneficial...

12-09-10 09:01 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD