I decided to do something more productive with my time this new year and dedicate it to learn a new language. I am bilingual (English/Spanish). Any recommendations? I was leaning towards Swedish, but I'm not sure it it would be too difficult for me.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
    Last edited by mooncherryblossom13; 01-30-11 at 09:05 PM.
    01-30-11 05:10 PM
    Mandarin Chinese. Seriously. Once they call in the money the US owes them, you'll need to know it.
    *shuffles back into corner mumbling about alien invasions and Roswell*
    (seriously tho)
    highjakker likes this.
    01-30-11 06:50 PM
    Lol.

But wouldn't that be a very difficult language to learn since it doesn't use the Roman alphabet? I don't just want to be able to speak it well, but to also be able to write in that language.
    01-30-11 08:48 PM
    Well you could learn Latin - that'd be easy and you could write it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 08:50 PM
    since you know English and Spanish already..
    i agree with learning chinese.. especially if you'll be in the business field.
    don't go for the fancier / party conversation piece language like French unless you plan to stay or do business in France.. you won't have any use for French... unless you decide to move to Canada.
    01-30-11 08:53 PM
    I decided to do something more productive with my time this new year and dedicate it to learn a new language. I am bilingual (English/Spanish). Any reccomendations? I was leaning towards Swedish, but I'm not sure it it would be too difficult for me.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
    Yes , english because you spelt recommendations wrong. It only has one c . You spelt it reccomendations .

Aswell do a spell check before you post here because they can be very anal and childish about things on this website.

Last edited by bigpolla04; 01-30-11 at 08:58 PM.
    01-30-11 08:56 PM
    Well you could learn Latin - that'd be easy and you could write it.

I don't want to learn what they call a "dead" language; yes it's a good language to learn that would compliment any college course study, but I want to learn a language that is still used to this day outside a learning environment.

Sowwy.
    01-30-11 08:59 PM
    Yes , english because you spelt recommendations wrong. It only has one c . You spelt it reccomendations .

Aswell do a spell check before you post here because they can be very anal and childish about things on this website.

Ah sorry. Next time I will double check my spelling. Thanks for the advice.
    01-30-11 09:01 PM
    Ah sorry. Next time I will double check my spelling. Thanks for the advice.
    I speak spanish myself but I would try french. Its a beautiful language when spoken properly .

Disfruta a aprender tu nueva idioma .
    Hasta luego.

01-30-11 09:07 PM
    since you know English and Spanish already..
    i agree with learning chinese.. especially if you'll be in the business field.
    don't go for the fancier / party conversation piece language like French unless you plan to stay or do business in France.. you won't have any use for French... unless you decide to move to Canada.
    I disagree. I would learn French because it is considered a universal language second only to English. It may be very useful if you plan to travel.
    01-31-11 06:54 AM

Aswell do a spell check before you post here because they can be very anal and childish about things on this website
    nah.....we let minor spelling infractions slip by mildly unnoticed but we love to poke fun at douches like you! nyah nyah nyah! i know you are but what am i?! la la la la i can't hear you! la la la
    01-31-11 08:02 AM
    Mandarin Chinese. Seriously. Once they call in the money the US owes them, you'll need to know it.
    *shuffles back into corner mumbling about alien invasions and Roswell*
    (seriously tho)
    Listen to this guy. The big financial thinkers and players say the best thing you can do for your kids right now is have them learn Mandarin Chinese.
    01-31-11 08:31 AM
    ebonics........
    01-31-11 08:50 AM
    ebonics........
    Ha no way. ;p

01-31-11 02:49 PM
    nah.....we let minor spelling infractions slip by mildly unnoticed but we love to poke fun at douches like you! nyah nyah nyah! i know you are but what am i?! la la la la i can't hear you! la la la
    Lol that's good . I let you go calling me a ****** cos you made me laugh. I'm from Ireland does don't know what a ****** is but not something nice . That's for sure.

highjakker likes this.
    02-01-11 07:14 AM
    Lol that's good . I let you go calling me a ****** cos you made me laugh. I'm from Ireland does don't know what a ****** is but not something nice . That's for sure.
    a douce is actually a bouquet of colorful wildflowers men over here leave on the pillows of our women on the first morning after our weddings. it has lately come to be known as a term of endearment among men. so no harm....really
    02-01-11 09:18 AM
    02-02-11 12:30 PM
    jIH yImev [care] 'Iv SoH 'oH vetlh pa' 'oH [funny]
    02-02-11 02:10 PM
    But I'm not really a Trekkie.
    02-02-11 05:57 PM
    But I'm not really a Trekkie.
    Hmmmm, maybe we could interest you in a little Wookie.

02-02-11 06:14 PM
    Latin may be a dead language, but I hear more kids want to take it in school and they have a shortage or teachers, so anyone that does know Latin could potentially make a lot of money. Personally I'd like to learn German, but Mandarin Chinese would be good too since I work in an area with lots of Chinese people and stores.

02-02-11 07:08 PM
    German would be good as well, but... I don't exactly see France, Germany, Spain, etc. returning to the leaders in trade and industry that they were.
    Granted, most Chinese businessmen know English, but still, might end up being convenient.
    I want to learn Greek and Hebrew so I can correct people who only read the English bible
    02-02-11 07:43 PM
    Arabic... then join the service. =)
    02-02-11 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD