There has been an absolute spate of people screaming the downfall of RIM and their intentions to change device on this site lately. So I figured I'd try to make a thread where those of us who still love RIM and our berries to post why.

In a world that seems to be painfully stuffed with non-berry users, what is it on a day to day basis that keeps you faithful ? Or just what makes you smile about your device ?

I had a happy moment in my Online Journalism/Web Development workshop a few days ago. As ever our tutor came in to the seminar, and did a mailshot to everyone of useful resources for that days topic.

5 seconds later, 3 berries ping at the same time. In unison, 3 berry users produce devices, read, and start chatting amongst themselves about what we're working on.

The remaining 15 or so in the class sheepishy go fish out their iPhones and glare at them.

The simple things make me happy. Push may not be new, but RIM still has the best game in town

Anyone else feel like sharing their moments of berry bliss ?
    04-23-10 02:56 AM
    Push e-mail is a primary reason I went BB. Form and function keep me loyal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 05:51 AM
    Good hardware, an OS that works, good calendar, good alerts, great email all in a small form factor with full qwerty.

No nonsense, just what you need and no games.
    04-23-10 05:57 AM
    Push email
    Battery life is great
    Form factor
    And it just works when I need it to !!!

04-23-10 12:01 PM
    it slices, it dices, it makes julian fries!
    04-23-10 12:17 PM
    I just love the PIN messaging, because if they were text messages, I'd be close to bankruptcy.
    04-23-10 02:54 PM
    Battery life, physical keyboard, camera with flash, BBM, LED alerts and the list goes on.
    04-23-10 03:15 PM
    Micro USB charger, sleep function in holster, 'sent from my BlackBerry' email sig, very loud speaker, great battery life, tough as old boots, easy app switching, copy and paste between text - BBM - email - browser is top notch.

The biggy for me is that it's the only phone of all my travelling companions that gets data in Africa when we go there for work.

Or perhaps more so because it doesn't matter how many apps or how flashy the UI is, if you can't charge via micro USB or your battery life is poor or you can't take a call without the app you're browsing slamming shut, you don't have much going for you.

But I jest, my old 8310 Curve (and you may laugh!) stands tall against my iPhone friends as a superior messaging device.
    04-23-10 09:06 PM
    Emails & blackberry messenger
    04-23-10 09:09 PM
    It's an extended capability PHONE. Not much to be happy about. Now ask me
    about my 4 year old boy. That is happiness
    04-24-10 02:30 AM
    It's an extended capability PHONE. Not much to be happy about. Now ask me
    about my 4 year old boy. That is happiness
    I hear you there re: happiness with family. I don't have kids of my own but starting to get very close to that way

Little gadgets and technology does make people very happy; this site surely doesn't thrive on how to questions and BB vs iPhone arguments alone?

Graceless I'm guessing you've had these extended capabilities phones in your life for a few years now, I'm still new to it though and being able to sit outside in a sunny beer garden and crack on with my work definitely broadens the grin
    04-24-10 04:45 PM
    I just love the PIN messaging, because if they were text messages, I'd be close to bankruptcy.
    same.. BBM is the main reason i stay BB... that and the phone just looks sexy in my hand...
    04-25-10 01:36 AM
    Small form factor with full qwerty keyboard, decent memory, fast, browser is fine on a cell phone, better with Opera5 or Bolt, BBming, liked the SMSing features, battery life and phone gets good signal and works great as ana actual phone!

Takes good pics to boot for a 3.2mp camera.

I love many things about my Berry and get tire of the naysayers moaning and groaning about the old OS and jumping ship to Andriod or iPhone....whatever, I had a cliq=junk and wife has a mytouch=slightly better than junk, SIL has a Driod=biggest POS phone I have seen to date and Best friend has a N1=is pretty slick...

Those are my opinions folks, but Andriod does not do it for me...

iToy is nice, but is a crappy phone, horrible service provider as well...no mas for me.

I will have my 9700 for another year or so...and love every second of it!

04-25-10 09:02 AM
    Ive been with Blackberry for so long, its just hard for me to imagine having something else.

All of my friends have blackberrys, so BBM is hands down my favorite feature of the Blackberry.

I definitely love the push email, because I do receive a lot of emails on a daily basis, especially from new customers. So the ability to answer an email within a few seconds is fantastic when running a small business and I need all the new clients I can get.
    04-25-10 10:35 AM
    Definitely the physical keyboard. It was one big reason against many other smartphones ;-).

04-25-10 07:26 PM
    I love my calender. I have always kept a paper planner up until a few weeks ago. Now I love having it on my berry since I always have it with me. Gotta love the great keyboard too!

04-25-10 08:02 PM
    The QWERTY keyboard, push email, the ability to watch YouTube (even if it's a postage stamp picture), the good media player, Bolt Browser, the ability to extensively customize alerts.
    04-26-10 10:13 AM
    Secure e-mail is the best. I don't know if I can trust the e-mail security on other devices.
    04-26-10 04:46 PM
    The physical qwerty keyboard. i can't use those touch screen ones, it's to hard
    07-01-10 09:40 PM
    Good hardware, an OS that works, good calendar, good alerts, great email all in a small form factor with full qwerty.

No nonsense, just what you need and no games.
    ^ This. And BBM for keeping up with the missus when I'm at work.
    07-01-10 10:22 PM
    Great e-mail, easy to manage connection's, great calendar, my personal electronic secretary. Also double's as my alarm clock.
    07-01-10 11:00 PM
    I like how is like a computer, I can make it look how I like to have it, free ringtones, bbm of course, great signal strength and is very functional. Great phone.
    07-01-10 11:12 PM
    Dependable, dependable DEPENDABLE
    did I say dependable ? !
    I love my BB and it is perfect for what I need. push email, texting....
    the browser I have no complaints
    I also like the style and the full qwerty keyboard. Good looking too like the redhead who uses it HA !
    07-02-10 12:49 AM
    probably almost everything about the phone.....
    07-02-10 12:59 AM
    There is...
    * no texting lag
    * good reception
    * good battery life
    * good keyboard
    * good call quality
    * excellent volume control (extremely loud to barely audible)
    * solid buttons

Dislikes:
    * Not a touchscreen (my fault, shoulda went Storm 2 oh well)
    * Crappy web browser (I actually like the webkit browsers of Android, iOS, and Opera Mobile on WM)
    * Trackball instead of trackpad

That's about it.
    07-03-10 12:02 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD