Everyone here has their reasons for being a Blackberry addict. Why can't you keep yourself away from your Berry? What would you do without it? What do you rely on your phone for? And why did you choose Blackberry over any other phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 09:21 PM
    Other than the phone aspect ( I have no home phone ) I use it for email and appointments calendar and I rely heavily on it. I like the gps apps with it so I never get lost and I can find anything and everything I wish to with apps I have installed. Its so customizable I am addicted to it. I also love the qwerty keypad, coming from a non qwerty it is a huge pleasure now to text when before I could not be bothered.

I will always own a blackberry, I have my eye on the bold now...
    01-29-09 09:30 PM
    I have always loved computers and am a sucker for the "latest technology", so when it became possible that I could actually carry around a mini computer with me...and what's more...it's in my phone??? OH MY GOD, I was addicted right there and then.

I use it for everything, its my lifeline to my world and the outside world no matter where I am.

I love my blackberry!!!!
    01-29-09 09:37 PM
    this is a nice idea but looks like there's already one like it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/i-k...ight=addiction
    01-29-09 09:47 PM
    The fact does it does everything ranging from a computer, to a home phone. Blackberry it just works...
    01-29-09 09:50 PM
    The fact does it does everything ranging from a computer, to a home phone. Blackberry it just works...
    This is the single most hyperbolic statement uttered on this site. The BB, while
    a great phone, is not by any stretch of the imagination a mini-computer.

And to the home phone issue, try having ADT or any like kind company,
    tie your alarm system to your BlackBerry. Right, not going to happen.
    01-29-09 09:59 PM
    I don't want to know when you knew you were addicted. I want to know what makes it such a useful tool and see how that can change w each person. And what people have added/done to their blackberries to make it so useful to them. There probably is a similar thread but I can't find it.

01-29-09 10:11 PM
    Blackberry Messenger.
    01-29-09 10:31 PM
    The LED light... definitely.
    01-29-09 10:33 PM
    I use my storm for the phone, texting, email, internet, BBM, alarm clock, calendar, camera, music, movies...etc...basically everything. lol
    01-29-09 10:34 PM
    I use the crap out of my BB. I really do put it to good use. So yeah, everything makes me addicted to my BB.........6 years and going strong.
    01-29-09 10:41 PM
    Using my berry for 4 months and I love it just like I did when I first got it. Its just a great device and it performs this single task effeciently, keeps me connected. For me what keeps me addicted is the fact that I have a decent browser on this baby. I love surfing the internet so knowing this phone ran on a 3G network was a real plus for me. I like all the media functionality and the 3rd party apps that can be DL'ed. One of the surpringly addicted areas for me was the instant messengers. IM's for me began to wear off and I used it less and less. My berry made it fun to use these apps again, like Yahoo Msger or BBM.

I mean this device does it all. And after everything it does, I can make a call too

01-30-09 12:47 AM
    I cracked my laptop's screen..its has been with hp for 8wks now, I don't miss it as much.. thanks to my bb, I have the internet, the music.. My calendars..contacts.. I'm good to go. Its seldom that I actually need a comp to get work done.. I get it all done with this small little machine.

Edit: and did I mention I look sexy holding it?
    haha.
    01-30-09 01:05 AM
    Normally I would have answered somewhere along the lines of most other posts (BBM, email, and so on) however, I recently took a job with Ntelos(wireless provider in the VA, WV area) and now I can say that having my BB actually makes me money! If a customer isn't sure what they want, or can't convince themselves they want a BB, I whip out my 8330 and BAM! Money in my pocket! I love BB!!
    01-30-09 01:27 AM
    i like to keep in contact with everyone i know, whether its in email, sms, mms, or messenger, i use it all. I love the push notifications, it rocks
    01-30-09 02:14 AM
    There's a few things that make me addicted to it...

1. Capability to send/receive e-mail with multiple accounts, on the go!

2. Instant Messaging, on the go!

3. News, Weather, TV, Radio, all on the go!

And most importantly...
    4. Having Google and Wikipedia at my disposal, anywhere. I love when I'm watching TV with my Dad and he asks me something or we both wonder about something. I can just reach over and look it up on Google or Wikipedia. That to me is just awesome!
    01-30-09 03:53 AM
    for me, it has to be that i can send and receive email on the go. i can bbm my contacts without sending texts or even call (yes, i get lazy at times). i also love the fact that i can use the browser to check my favorite websites while being bored and i have great apps that help me find out what's going on in the world, etc.

although i love my blackberry, sometimes things are just simpler on the computer. however, when i'm no where near one, this is good too!
    01-30-09 11:45 AM
    I am young and love technology. Because I'm the kind of person who finds something I like, then stick to it, I was looking for the perfect device for my life. When I researched this device, I found a good deal and made the purchase. Once, I found out all the things it could do for me, I fell in love with it and I will not even consider another device!
    01-30-09 03:52 PM
    I love my full qwerty keypad-i love being conected at all times-i love the BB community! All of these things(and more) have made me a BB addict for life.

01-30-09 03:57 PM
    Useful/creative Apps (make life lil easier)
    Themes (to personalize)
    YouTube (A + in my case)
    Calendar/Reminders (multiple uses)
    Alarm clock (sounds you wanna hear)
    Games (kills boredom)
    Blackberry news/info etc (to be well informed)
    Audio podcasts (Story Nory my son's favorite)
    E-mail/IMS to KIT w/ fam & friends
    FaceBook (:��)
    Weather/alerts (? you gotta be prepared ?)
    BBerry Messaging
    Forums like these
    ? GOOGLE (anything you want to know about).
    & so forth & so on

In addition, I'm not only addicted to my BlackBerry; I think its also Information Anxiety on top of it all

I Don't need a computer
    Or the need for a T.V.
    I don't need a home phone
    Or an answering machine
    To save time and save money
    Its ALL in my ?BlackBerry?

MamiChulaMari�

11-20-09 10:12 PM
    Darn! Those ? Are supposed to be symbols...oh well

11-20-09 10:14 PM
    I use it for phone, text, mms, web, BBmaps, camera, rockin tunes, email, memo pad, games, calendar for all that goes on in a day, yellow pages, best phone Ive owned.
    11-20-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD