I text mainly for privacy reasons. Sometimes I don't want people hearing my phone conversations when I'm out.

SMS is the best abused invention ever. Believe it or not I have friends that NEVER talk on their cell phones....and I mean NEVER! They basically use their phones voicemail and to sent txts. It's crazy to me. It's funny...I'll call and get no answer then shortly after that I'll get a text saying "you called?". WTF?
    11-07-08 04:26 PM
    I text because I have people who like to listen in on my conversations. Plus, some people love to hang on the phone so to on the phone with nothing to say so texting is a better way to go. And it save me on minutes too!
    11-07-08 04:56 PM
    Of all the things I can do with my phone texting is hands down my
    least favorite. It, to me, is just impractical and just one more way
    to avoid actually talking to people. I would but rather hear a voice
    than read words, so that whole "addiction" question I don't see.

And besides BBM and Yahoo Messenger are much better ways
    to non-verbally communicate (IMO)

As to the long drawn out conversations, do what I do, tell the person
    you have to go. If they keep talking, just hang up.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-07-08 at 07:57 PM.
    11-07-08 07:53 PM
    I hate talking on the phone if I don't want to.
    And it gives me something to do when I should be working.
    11-08-08 12:15 AM
    Well if you run out of things to say you can just leave the message and come back to it. The beauty of text messaging is convenient(sp?) replies when you are avaliable to do so.
    11-08-08 01:21 AM
    I get everything I want to say out all at once - no interruptions
    11-08-08 03:31 AM
    I just find it more convenient..
    11-08-08 09:05 AM
    I talk alot on BlackBerry IM, it' leaves SMS in the dust. There is hardly any delay...
    11-08-08 09:19 AM
    I can tell someone something with out having to hear the back talk.
    11-10-08 09:21 AM
    Ain't it the truth! lmao

I can tell someone something with out having to hear the back talk.
    11-10-08 01:37 PM
    Well for those that don't have the blackberry... then what? Force others to buy it so you can IM them.

I talk alot on BlackBerry IM, it' leaves SMS in the dust. There is hardly any delay...
    11-10-08 01:38 PM
    I have found in the short time I have been texting on a regular bases, that some people will answer an IM or SMS before they will bother to check their voicemail (can often be days before they check their VM). So if I need info or contact with them today, rather than tomorrow, I'll send them the IM or SMS.
    11-10-08 02:14 PM
    Well for those that don't have the blackberry... then what? Force others to buy it so you can IM them.
    Precisely!!!!!!!!
    11-11-08 02:28 PM
    As people have said above me, it's nice to communicate with somebody when they aren't available to talk, or when you just have a quick message to tell somebody that doesn't require a long conversation.
    11-22-08 06:18 PM
    Sometimes I'm shy so it's easier to tell a guy something in a text because he's not looking directly at me lol
    11-26-08 02:31 AM
    The clicking noise of the keys innit?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 06:53 PM
    I text more than I tlk b/c I hate drawn out convos. Plus I get mad when ppl call me and run my mins up lol. So I prefer texting. Plus its handy when I'm in class or at work or church or at the club. Also sometimes you just want to say one thing and with a text you have to get straight to the point b/c its only soo much you can type.

12-04-08 09:54 PM
    It's not addictive � if you have a janky phone. I'm countin' the days till I can get rid of my Motorola Razr. Peace be still.

I don't even text on it. For what?
    12-04-08 10:53 PM
    I agree with everyone else that it works great when if someone is in a meeting or something! You can get a quick response from someone if they text and its good for directions to be texted to you! I like the chatting on bbm!

12-04-08 11:17 PM
    I like texting just bc I can say something quick...something thats really minor and doesn't really warrant a telephone call.

Plus, its nice to be able to have some privacy, in a sense, to convey what you're thinking or want to say. It helps too in loud settings and whatnot. I'm more likely to see the LED flashing or feel my phone vibrate, but if I tried to answer, I may not be able to hear anything.
    12-05-08 10:58 PM
    like honestly when it comes down to it.. typing in general is addicting.. especially on a BB..

it Doesn't stop at txting as a matter of fact I rarely text

I email/aim/yahoo/msn/bbmessenger/ once in a while I text..

also for me the difference with using this instead of actually calling someone is that if its not real real important I don't have to pull them away from whatever there doing to start a conversation if they respond right away then it was ok but if you call usually its a complete disturbance..
    12-06-08 01:59 AM
    texting is just...easier.

Talking on the phone, a lot of times the people on the other end will try and gauge your emotions and feelings about certain things that puts you at a disadvantage. with texting and everything its just easy, straight to the point.
    12-06-08 10:17 AM
    Personally I think textn is so MUCH better than talking on the phone. It seems that when I talk on the phone I don't know what to say and when I text it seems as if I can't shut up...lol:-) does any1 else feel this way?
    01-27-09 01:07 AM
    I feel that if there isn't really anything important to say, leave it to a text to be able to talk. Mind you if that other person has texting. But I think that it's just a easier way of getting the message across!
    01-27-09 03:35 AM
    i text because i'm really adhd
    i can't concentrate on the phone. and i'm always doing something, texting is just way more convenient.
    01-27-09 04:14 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD