You have good taste sir.

I've been listening to Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait by Mogwai alot lately. Such a great album, I really need to see the movie.

Digging Isis' new album Wavering Radiant but I have to say my favorite is In The Absence of Truth.

And Tool... really no discussion there.
    my favorite Isis has to be Oceanic. I like Panopticon a lot too (what CD has wrists of kings on it?)

have you heard Mouth of the Architect? they are kind of similar to Isis, only their songs are...well longer. Check out The Ties that Blind if you'd like
    03-17-10 12:51 PM
    my favorite Isis has to be Oceanic. I like Panopticon a lot too (what CD has wrists of kings on it?)

have you heard Mouth of the Architect? they are kind of similar to Isis, only their songs are...well longer. Check out The Ties that Blind if you'd like
    Wrists of Kings is on In The Absence of Truth, 1st track I believe. Panopticon is really good too. Oceanic I've only heard bits and pieces of but it's coming up on the list of albums. I like to listen to entire albums all the way thru a few times then move on to a new one.

I think I've heard the name Mouth of the Architect but never heard any music, I'll check them out.

Lately I've been rocking The Formation of Damnation, the newest Testament album. Pretty cheesy but good metal nonetheless.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 03-17-10 at 12:57 PM.
    03-17-10 12:55 PM
    Wrists of Kings is on In The Absence of Truth, 1st track I believe. Panopticon is really good too. Oceanic I've only heard bits and pieces of but it's coming up on the list of albums. I like to listen to entire albums all the way thru a few times then move on to a new one.

I think I've heard the name Mouth of the Architect but never heard any music, I'll check them out.

Lately I've been rocking The Formation of Damnation, the newest Testament album. Pretty cheesy but good metal nonetheless.
    i dont really like testament, im not a thrash guy (aside from machine head)

but yeah definitely listen to Oceanic a few times. it really puts your mind in another place if you know what i mean at all
    03-17-10 01:00 PM
    Lately I've been listening to a couple bands that are more or less thrash/speed metal with a classic feel but have funny lyrics.

The 2 that come to mind are 3 Inches of Blood and Hospital of Death.

The music is awesome, very well composed with excellent riffs and solos- in the vein of Judas Priest, Iron Maiden (very high-pitched singing)

But the lyrics are hilarious, I've come to the conclusion that they cannot be serious (tho I don't know for a fact). Sort of reminds me of a modern Spinal Tap. I love a band that can make great music but still poke fun at themselves and the genre.

These 2 bands are worth listening to for a laugh if nothing else.
    03-17-10 03:06 PM
    so true
    especially subgenres within genres, they are almost completely intertwined
    yeapp.. so much so the genres in my iPod is in a complete mess
    music will someday be universal like a big blob of flubber
    03-17-10 03:37 PM
    I'll name bands instead of genres, cause some of them are just confusing now. :P I've got a lot favorites, so I'll just name what I'm listening to a lot of now: a lot of Brand New (hence the Jesse Lacey icon. lol), Spoon, Two Door Cinema Club, We Are Scientists, Vampire Weekend (Though I'm not a huge fan of their latest album), Kevin Devine (Just getting into his stuff and I'm really liking it), The Stills, Bayside and The Boxer Rebellion to name a few.
    Last edited by Lovesherbb1915; 03-17-10 at 04:39 PM.
    03-17-10 04:34 PM
    All this new synth pop and neon colours is getting on my nerves.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I agree. If I were you, I'd stay away from Owl City, then. I just can't stand Owl City at all. I gave it a shot, but ugh. No. lol.
    03-17-10 04:39 PM
    I agree. If I were you, I'd stay away from Owl City, then. I just can't stand Owl City at all. I gave it a shot, but ugh. No. lol.
    Agree!! Owl City is -_-|||
    03-17-10 05:29 PM
    Agree!! Owl City is -_-|||
    Thank you! lol. One of my friends LOVES them, for some stupid reason. Seriously, though! I just don't get it. What do people like about Owl City? It's just annoying. And that stupid song Fireflies drove me crazy. I couldn't escape it for the longest, it was everywhere. But yeah, there's a lot of crappy bands out now. A lot. =/
    03-17-10 05:43 PM
    Todays listening has consisted of - meshuggah, akercocke, nile and slayer. Woo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 09:05 PM
    Any and almost everything except Rap/Hip Hop and Country

Rap = Malevolent Dr Seuss with a drum machine
    Country = the Special Olympics of music.

Most of today was old school funk. Playlist for the night is foreign jazz.
    03-17-10 09:51 PM
    Now that's funny, but so true.

I listen to mostly metal, hard rock, and some alternative. Today's listening pleasure was Godsmack and Black Label Society.
    03-17-10 10:00 PM
    I like anything that provokes an emotion of some sort. Tapping of the feat, a tear in the eye, a possible chuckle or dancing on the bar (not that I do that often).

I think music is unique like those who enjoy it. It is an expression of were you come from and how you are feeling. So eventhough I don't find rap appealing, I do appreciate the artists that express themselves through this genre. I am Irish (like that isnt an obvious) and a lot of Country music derives from Celtic music. It has been many generations over time that has created what it is today.

Poking fun at musical genres is not fair. Just turn the radio dail and choose what is most pleasing to your ears.
    03-17-10 10:05 PM
    Lately I've been listening to a couple bands that are more or less thrash/speed metal with a classic feel but have funny lyrics.

The 2 that come to mind are 3 Inches of Blood and Hospital of Death.

The music is awesome, very well composed with excellent riffs and solos- in the vein of Judas Priest, Iron Maiden (very high-pitched singing)

But the lyrics are hilarious, I've come to the conclusion that they cannot be serious (tho I don't know for a fact). Sort of reminds me of a modern Spinal Tap. I love a band that can make great music but still poke fun at themselves and the genre.

These 2 bands are worth listening to for a laugh if nothing else.
    if you want some mediocre thrash, concerning lyrics and songtitles, check out Warbringer.
    03-17-10 10:16 PM
    Todays listening has consisted of - meshuggah, akercocke, nile and slayer. Woo.

you said Meshuggah and Nile on the same post...

i love you.
    03-17-10 10:19 PM
    Any and almost everything except Rap/Hip Hop and Country

Most of today was old school funk. Playlist for the night is foreign jazz.
    thank you
    SOMEONE agrees with me finally

and old school funk? wow, not many people listen to that. any recommendations?
    Last edited by alexmurphy; 03-17-10 at 10:35 PM.
    03-17-10 10:21 PM
    thank you

and old school punk? wow, not many people listen to that. any recommendations?
    That was old school funk, not old school punk.
    03-17-10 10:34 PM
    That was old school funk, not old school punk.
    i meant funk, just typod
    03-17-10 10:35 PM
    i meant funk, just typod
    Gotcha. You just never know?!?!
    03-17-10 10:38 PM
    trance and jazz are my top 2. pop follows them.
    03-17-10 10:41 PM
    thank you

and old school funk? wow, not many people listen to that. any recommendations?
    Start with Parliament, The Gap Band, Bernie Worrell, Lakeside and some
    Al Green.
    03-17-10 10:46 PM
    Parliament is awesome I have yet to really get in to funk but I do know them at least.

Alex, put Warbringer on my list.

I saw Meshuggah open for Tool during the Lateralus tour (2001?) and hated em... I'll have to give them another shot.

And who is this Nile you speak of? I put them on the list too just in case.

03-17-10 11:23 PM
    Parliament is awesome I have yet to really get in to funk but I do know them at least.

Alex, put Warbringer on my list.

I saw Meshuggah open for Tool during the Lateralus tour (2001?) and hated em... I'll have to give them another shot.

And who is this Nile you speak of? I put them on the list too just in case.

meshuggah kind of changed their sound in 2003 so try their CD "Catch Thirty-Thr33"

...you havent heard nile

...you havent heard nile???????????
    go get annihilation of the wicked.
    03-18-10 09:05 AM
    Start with Parliament, The Gap Band, Bernie Worrell, Lakeside and some
    Al Green.
    gotta check that out, thanks
    03-18-10 09:05 AM
    ...you havent heard nile

...you havent heard nile???????????
    go get annihilation of the wicked.

Haha, yes sir! Right away sir!