Sorry if this thread is redundant to another thread but as an android user I'm curious what keeps you staying on the platform?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-29-14 04:47 PM
    To each their own mate. As much as I respect all offerings for their strengths and weaknesses, BlackBerry has given me a device where their strengths are my needs and their weaknesses do not affect my enjoyment of the device. I enjoy BlackBerry for the slick UI and the emphasis on communication/social first. I also enjoy the updates and news in regards to BlackBerry/QNX technology. They are doing very intriguing things and are often overlooked by the majority of people. Given my needs in a mobile device I would say most major platforms could easily fill it. I don't much like Windows Phone for the style, but what they've done with mobile OS design is very interesting. Androids can do anything you want them too and can look anyway you want them too, but all too often I am tweaking many things and looking for the right app to fill my needs and there is not much flow to the OS. I'd probably make mine look like a Pip-Boy 3000 just for the hell of it. The iPhone is also amazing technology. It looks great and runs like the wind but is nothing without apps and you are very locked in to that ecosystem. Don't care for that much. My next choice would be Android if I couldn't get anymore BlackBerrys. I would be sad but at least I'd have my own Pip-Boy.
    thatguy97 likes this.
    08-29-14 05:11 PM
    Here's an extract quickly pulled from my brain:

1) Keyboard: doesn't matter whether physical or all-touch

2)Security: I know security is by design and I've chosen the best to protect my own data as well as my customers'

3)Privacy: my data is under my control, to some part the lack of direct Google integration (yes, you read it right!)

4)Effortlessness: get around the device without interrupting your train of thought, "...oh, what button again...? Right... oh what did I want to do again?" "...who was I gonna TXT/ring/etc.". Peek and flow gestures are THE killer app for me

5)HUB / unified inbox: simply put "all your dealings with other people in one place"

6)Search on the device: never really run into dramas finding things, whether it be emails, photos, documents, etc.

7)Local contacts in the phone without any forced cloud upload, Contacts management has improved very much

I could add more, but that's a few points I wouldn't want to miss.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    thatguy97 likes this.
    08-30-14 07:51 PM
    I guess it's what experience I get from it. I tried iphone for the sum of a year and I've tried android for the sum of about a year and a couple of months. I always found my way back to blackberry. I love the OS and I love this physical keyboard. I have an itch to downgrade to a 9700 to see what it feels like to go backwards lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-30-14 08:12 PM
    Work-issued BB, no choice. Although I have a separate Android phone for personal use.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-30-14 08:22 PM
    Sorry if this thread is redundant to another thread but as an android user I'm curious what keeps you staying on the platform?

The free beer.
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-30-14 09:57 PM

You're right....its redundant

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    08-30-14 10:11 PM
    The free beer.
    Where do I sign up? :-D

Posted from an ME173X
    08-30-14 10:20 PM
    Because I get a kick out of it when I showed my device to people.
    They have no clue that BlackBerry is still making phones.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    08-30-14 10:24 PM
    Because I get a kick out of it when I showed my device to people.
    They have no clue that BlackBerry is still making phones.
    Yep, the amazement in their faces...

Hub, Flow, BBM Video, and all the goodies...
    Yeah, did I mention Android apps... ?

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-31-14 04:21 AM