It was pretty and I wanted to come out of the cellular stone age- - that's what got me intrigued. After researching all the features I coiuldn't help but get one. Now my pink curve 8330 is my best friend

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 09:58 PM
    I had a WM phone that started to act up and so investigated my options, found the curve and fell in love. My life hasn't been the same since!!

12-31-08 10:07 PM
    I wanted one to keep connected especially for work. Had my 8350i for 2 weeks now. I don't know how I got along without my bb. There are so many apps that help me work smarter instead of harder.
    01-01-09 10:26 AM
    my mom changed her Samsung flkp phone she had with sprint and got a pearl about a year ago. When I was in the market looking for a new phone since I was leaving AT&T, she kept telling me to get a blackberry. She sat me down one night, showed me the different blackberrys, the functions of hers, and finally convinced me to get one. I ended up with Centennial Puerto Rico getting the 8703e, then buying the 8830 WE, since one of my adopted brothers got the curve the same night I switched. Now, im thinking about switching to the Storm or the new Pearl, if AT&T buys out centennial
    01-02-09 11:41 AM
    It was a girl. I was really surprised she had a blackberry, since I had always considered them business phones, so I couldn't imagine why a cute, rich coed would have one. It didn't look like the blackberry's I'd seen before (it was a Pearl and my idea of a blackberry was na 8700) and she was glued to it, always texting or BBMing people, so I started to look into them. And since she had her PIN but not her number of facebook, I realized I'd have to get a BB to BBM her
    (Sorry Dieter, she doesn't use twitter)

So then I started researching them, quickly found this site, read all the howto's and articles, and fell in love. I took all of the CB wisdom and smartphone philosophy Kevin dished out and realized it made sense. I started to obsess a bit over which BB to buy and my friend reminded me "it's not the phone that matters; it's what's IN the phone" which I thought meshed really well with the idea of an "on-the-go" smartphone. I wanted a phone that could do a lot of things, but I didn't want a cramped minicomputer I'd have to constantly fiddle with (again, sorry Dieter).

So I started going to the Verizon stores in the weeks before my contract with AT&T expired, negotiated a good deal for a plan, installed Opera Mini on the demo Curve, practiced typing, and educated other customers on the advantages of the blackberry and the difference between the 8130, 8330, and 8830. On November 2nd, my contract expired and I bought my 8330 with the understanding I had 30 days to return it and the Storm should be out by then.

I went to Times Square a week before the Storm launched to try to win one and try it out, and I realized it might not be the phone for me, so I didn't but it on launch day. I tried out the ones in the Verizon store and realized that I really wasn't a big fan of the lag or the touchscreen. Once I realized how much I loved the physical keyboard and how often I typed on it one-handed, I realized I already had the best BB I could. So I stuck with my Curve. And I've been pretty happy ever since.

And yes, I added her on BBM.
    01-02-09 02:26 PM
    I Dunno all my friends had 1 and I felt left out
    01-04-09 12:27 PM
    I needed my e-mail access always. Went to the Verizon store and picked up a 7290. The rest is history.
    01-04-09 12:58 PM
    Slingmedia announced that they were developing a player for the BB's and I love my Slingbox and thought, what a great combination. I started seriously looking at them, then I ditched my PPC-6700 wm smartphone and got a Pearl. Now I am upgrading to a 8330 Curve w/ Sprint, BTW Sprint's Everything Plans are ROCKIN'
    01-04-09 01:10 PM
    Well I love how much you can do with them, and when it came down to it, the BB had a bigger screen than the MOTO-Q and I loathe windows products so it was really a simple choice.
    01-04-09 04:51 PM
    I needed a way keep up with my busy schedule; working 2 jobs, a girlfriend, friends, parties, etc... Not only that but I have a tendency to forget things that I'm told to do or tasks that I need to complete...this allows me to write stuff done, e-mail co-workers and friends...it's fantastic!
    01-04-09 07:08 PM
    A year ago...the pearls were a free T-Mo upgrade. I went thru a couple other phones after, Including the G1. But I am back to the 8310 Curve! I couldnt live without my BB
    01-05-09 07:01 AM
    I used to be anti-text message. I firmly believed that it was a waste of time spending 30 seconds typing out something that could be spoken in less time than that. But I got the SEP from Nextel, and dove into the world of texting and became a text-a-holic.

I got my first BB about 6 months ago and upgraded to the 8350I curve on the 2nd when the UPS man surprised me by banging on my door that morning.

I am an addict. I know this.
    01-05-09 01:19 PM
    Being a former Sprint Pocket PC owner, I was use to a QWERTY keyboard.However, that phone was relatively large. When my contract was about to expire, I contemplated going to I phone, until I saw one of my good friends with her sleek Curve. I inquired and was impressed, as it seemed to me to be more of a professional phone than Iphone. I got my BB in Nov. and I could not have made a better decision.

Last edited by f_man8326; 01-07-09 at 06:25 PM.
    01-07-09 06:23 PM
    sync all my emails at once. exclusivity, those who actually have the plans, a lot of people dont
    01-08-09 12:01 AM
    I was just plain tired of my Razor! What a BIG difference!!!
    01-09-09 03:38 PM
    working at a cell phone carrier, i got jealous of not having the bb messenger. i went ahead bought it and am now in love. even switched carriers and got the flip and am still happy and loving the bb. anyone who says they're too complicated just makes me giggle. its not rocket science.

01-10-09 12:50 AM
    I was already trying to make my regular phone do things it was never made to do like email and surf the web. I walked by Alltel one day about a week ago and noticed a deal on BlackBerry which I just figured I couldn't afford. Wrong. Turns out I can afford one (well at least the Pearl aka Bella....yes she has a name) and here I am. In love. But I'm ready for a upgrade already!
    01-12-09 07:47 PM
    Loved the fact that I could have everything at my fingertips, then when the storm got released
    My heart melted!

01-13-09 07:01 AM
    Love the fact that it can manage all my work + when I put it down on the desk in a meeting, it beats everything else. Stuff like that matters to me

01-13-09 07:23 AM
    Started on it as a manager at Disneyland....Never looked back! I got one for my personal use to consolidate my Palm, cell phone, and iPod into one device.
    01-13-09 09:04 AM
    Looking back on it, I'm surprised I ever got one. My boyfriend has one for work and because he's sometimes on-call for his job (and even when he's not) the thing was a constant annoyance. The first year we lived together, the only only experience I got from a blackberry, was being woken up 3 or 4 times a night by his emails and alerts from his job while he snored right through them. The only thing I wanted to do with a blackberry was smash it.

Months go by, and I ended up using BBM on his phone to talk to one of our mutual friends and he showed me how the browser works and some of the other stuff. I fell in love. Just using that full QWERTY was enough to make me completely dislike texting on my regular LG phone (which I had previously loved). I started doing some research on BB's and when I saw the pictures of the Curve I HAD TO HAVE IT. I suffered for months waiting for it to come to VZW last year and finally got it and there's no turning back. I will never go back to a regular cell phone.
    01-13-09 02:29 PM
    A Dude I Know Had It On Sale For Cheap!!! Thanx Mike
    01-13-09 02:50 PM
    I saw the Storm, and thought it was a cool phone. So I got it, and I love it. So from here on out, I sticking to Blackberry's.
    01-13-09 03:20 PM
    I have had a Blackberry since i was 10 and it was the 7210 color screen(my first phone) and it was on Bellsouth Mobility back in the days it was caused and i am now 19 and been using the Blackberry ever since now i have a 8220 Pearl Flip on T-mobile
    01-13-09 04:03 PM
    The Bold got my first BB 2 months ago and love it! Then then had more than 10 Nokias and a couple of Qtek and SE

01-13-09 04:29 PM
357 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD