06-27-11 01:07 PM
357 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I made the change because i needed to get email on my phone. did a lot of looking and went with att and the curve because it was the only one that would work at my house.
    10-27-08 04:11 PM
    1. My sister has one.
    2. It looks like candy (well mine is CANDY red).
    3. It's shiny.
    4. It's so.....PRETTY!
    5. QWERTY!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 01:53 AM
    I got a BB two weeks ago because I was tired of not being able to hear my iPhone ring. I had always heard someone else's BB at my job and it was always loud. I was also bored with my iPhone and wanted a new toy.

The 8310 was only $79 after rebate so I couldn't pass it up.
    10-28-08 08:08 AM
    I Worked For Walt Disney World For A While An All Of The Statused Managers Had Disney Issue Blackberries And I Was Always Watching Them Use Their Blackberries And Realized Just How Helpful They Were, When I Left Disney I Ended Up Have Three Jobs And Being A Full Time College Student And Got One And The Thing Runs My Life Now A College Graduate And 4 Jobs I Still Have It And Need Her Everyday Of My Life
    11-02-08 05:17 PM
    I had decided to check out the Pearl thru Sprint and hated the texting SureType crap and I asked for a Curve instead and my baby arrived in that deep beautiful Crimson and it does every single function I need it to do! Once u go Black...berry, you never go back!

11-02-08 05:40 PM
    For me I needed all of its features:

- Calendar
    - Phone book
    - Memo pad
    - Calculator
    - Entertainment
    - Maps
    - Navigation
    - Internet browsing
    - Email (work)
    - Email (personal)
    - Access to crackberry.com to get my daily fix!
    11-02-08 05:45 PM
    I was really sick of my Palm Treo wx 750 WM, i was losing signal all the time, I got MotoQ got sick of it, and no signal, than I thought of the phone I dreaded the most BB I had one, long time ago at work, hated that thing, but now I love my curve, switching to Bold.
    11-02-08 05:51 PM
    My old job issued me a pearl to keep up with emails from clients, I then knew that I wanted one with a full key board and now it makes me happy

11-02-08 06:03 PM
    Like many others I needed e-mail. I had an outdated Razr from ATT (actually had it when it was ATT, then Bellsouth, then Cingular, then ATT) and it wouldn't do much anything other than make and receive calls and SMS. Camera sucked too. I had been suffering all those years and really didn't know it!

Funny thing is I never thought of a Blackberry as "for me". I guess I was still thinking of them back in their monochromatic era of e-mail only. I wanted a smartphone I had decided, after all I had waited long enough.

Much to my surprise I now cannot see myself having any other smartphone than a BB! Maybe in 2 years or so I will upgrade to the Storm...you know since I like to be a bit behind.
    11-03-08 03:23 AM
    Had all the smartphones. Loved the Tilt but got tiresome always having to reboot and use two hands to type. then notice i wasn't useing the touchscreen as much. went in the store and saw the 8820. keyboard that i missed from having on the Treo. not wanting to go there again. so heck got it and fell in love with it. only thing that ticked me off was the bold was coming out and i just brought this one. oh well went and got it anyway and glad i did. BB reliability and service is unmatched. when looked on line i could use this phones data in 150 countries compared to 20 with the tilt and data cost overseas in way better. so home or away i can stay in touch.
    12-21-08 04:35 PM
    A really good mate of mine "introduced" the Blackberry to me and being a really close friend, I wanted to keep in contact with her and so after two days, I went straight ahead and bought one and never looked back
    12-21-08 07:44 PM
    I used to have a Treo 750. My contract came up for renewal and I needed a phone with good e-mail support so a BB it was.
    12-21-08 09:38 PM
    I got tired of my Q acting up on my all less than 9 months. After hearing my boyfriend talk about his, then his sister moving from the Q to the BB and loving it - I knew I had to be in on it. Looking forward to having one in about 48 hours!
    12-21-08 09:42 PM
    I had been thinking about a getting smart phone but I wasn't sure on which one. I went over to a friends house and he had a 8700c(didn't know this at the time, it was just a bb). I asked him about it, he said it didn't work. He ended up giving it to me, I went out and bought a usb cable and tried to use it. The screen displayed the 507 error, after a lot of research and the help of this site I figured it out. (kinda fun having my first bb experience being an OS load.) Now i am hooked and can't go back to a reg phone.
    12-21-08 09:48 PM
    First post for me. I have the storm. I have been wanting to get a blackberry for awhile. The sales guy at verizon suggested I wait for the storm. Pretty happy with it. The battery runs out fast. Sometimes it takes awhile for a web page to load up. I don't know anybody who has a blackberry. Overall I'm happy with it.

12-21-08 10:09 PM
    I had an iPhone (1st gen) and I was missing the organizer features of the pda that I used to use (no real support for tasks and I really didn't like the calendar).

I also wanted a single device so it was between blackberry and a windows mobile smartphone.

I looked at the bold and the features it has and it got pretty rave reviews so I went with that.

This is my first blackberry and despite some flaws, I think this is the best phone I have ever owned.
    12-21-08 10:29 PM
    I used a 7730 at work and an 8300 Curve. Then purchased an 8310 for me and one for my wife. Bought a Pearl from guy that wanted a 2nd Gen iPhone and now a BOLD
    12-21-08 10:41 PM
    I always thought BB's were for high in power business professionals which made me want one even though I'm nothing near there LOL. But I like the new look of it.. More attractive to the consumer eye so when I was able to actually buy one I didn't 2nd guess it. And now I'm in love.
    12-22-08 02:53 AM
    Really only one thing - the display on the Storm.
    12-30-08 10:01 AM
    I always was curious with friends that had one... I missed having a PDA so I thought the combo of phone and pda in one sounded great!
    12-30-08 10:04 AM
    What convinced me to get a BB? Simply put: AT&T's P.O.S. network.
    12-30-08 12:21 PM
    What convinced me to get a BB? Simply put: AT&T's P.O.S. network.
    To each his own.

What convinced me to get a BB? Needing regular access to my e-mail and Yahoo IM.
    12-30-08 12:38 PM
    I've always loved BlackBerry smartphone features. Calendar, contacts, and email sync, media player, digital camera. But I wasn't willing to give up the Flip form factor. When BlackBerry and T-Mo rolled out the Flip, and I saw it had UMA calling, I had to have one.
    12-30-08 01:02 PM
    I got mine as a gift when i started graduate school. It was probably the most practical gift I ever gotten as I needed a device that allowed me to communicate and stay organized while on the go.

Most of my classmates have BB's as well and productivity goes through the roof when you have people who know what they're working with.

I remember this one girl that sat next to me talking about how much she loved her BB and how she has always used one...one day i mentioned how easy it is to set up email and she literally came back with "You can get your email on yours?!"

True story
    12-30-08 03:21 PM
    Only phone that supported my works groupwise system... Spend so much time out of the office that it is great to not come back to 200 emails after a meeting
    But never realized how much fun it would be and how addicted I am to it!!!
    12-30-08 03:25 PM
357 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD