Got the 7100 3 years ago when with all the rebates I got it for free. But after the first tastes when I upgraded to the 8820 in May it costs me $350. Free phone sucked me in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 08:42 PM
    I got it because in the future I plan to start my own business, so having access to my Email and everything wherever I am is a necessity. I chose a Pearl because I wanted something smaller that would fit in my pockets and still look like a phone. I have now had it for 10 days, and wonder why I scoffed at smart phones for so long.

If you had seen me even 2 months ago, I refused to get any phone that was over about $20 after rebates. I needed a phone that could call and text. That's it. Then I had an epiphany, and 3 days later I had a Pearl. I got some hilarious looks from my friends for it.
    10-06-08 09:41 PM
    i always found the phone a bit odd but i was having so much phone trouble that i decided to get it anyway. That when i went down to the store and actually saw the piece. I was blown away and still am each time i see it. My inspiration to get the phone was the email, my reason to stick with it (and i usually dont stick with phones) was the form factor and simply how functional it is...
    10-06-08 09:53 PM
    Well my fiance was due for a phone upgrade and she really wanted the Pearl. I always thought that I would never like it because of the keyboard layout. But she got it and when we got home I started playing around on it. I instantly fell in love with all of the features a blackberry had to offer. I went to the Verizon store the next day and bought one. Now I don't know what my life would be like without a BlackBerry.

10-18-08 01:38 PM
    need for the ability for customers to email me directly and to be able to respond right away. also almost everyone i know has one.

i was once told....once u go black(berry) you'll never go back.

boy were they ever right
    10-18-08 02:05 PM
    Because I am an internet addict and I need my fix!
    Pooh luvs Jamrock

~Crakd out on my berry~
    MySpace.com - ~Pooh~ - 38 - Female - Bull Shoals, Arkansas - www.myspace.com/hunnibabe01

10-18-08 02:11 PM
    My daughter, husband, father and I have had a VZW family share plan for years. We started this when daughter was still HS and still have it now even though she is married. My daughter and I used to show up at VZw store regularly to check out new phones...and bought a few along the way. Husband had work phone that he could somehow try to use to connect to internet when he was working, but it usually didn't work well and he complained all the time. He is a sportswriter and was on deadline lots of nights, looking for a way to file a story. My father, I bought a phone just so he would have a cell phone so I could call him anytime.
    Anyway... daughter and I decided we wanted to get a blackberry...so off to the VZW store we go. We both got 8830s and love them. After my husband used my BB several times on deadline and loved it so much we got him one for his birthday and he is a definite BB addict.
    Now daughter and I are waiting on the storm. I am eligible...we will find her a way or pay retail, which I hope won't happen.
    that is all
    drive thru

10-18-08 05:37 PM
    The Palm Treo 755p inspired me to get a BB.
    10-18-08 05:41 PM
    Because image is everything
    10-19-08 05:04 AM
    Initially, due to work. Since everyone was using one, I decided to go out and buy one myself. I am so glad I did. With Sprint's Everything Plan, I can have my cake and eat it too. The email integration is critical now, since I am on the road quite a bit. It has become indispensable. It is my work and my home phone. It does it all and from a hand sized package. I can see why there are so many of us addicts. It's easy to be captured by it.
    10-19-08 05:15 AM
    yep work..
    10-19-08 06:10 AM
    Simply, email without having to haul a laptop around.

10-19-08 06:45 PM
    Ummm . . Verizon came out with the pink pearl and it was pink so I had to get it. I just recently switched to Sprint b/c Verizon was sooo expensive and I get a discount through my job so i got the red curve and I like the qwerty keyboard ALOT better.
    10-22-08 07:55 PM
    email, work, etc.
    10-22-08 08:07 PM
    This phone is just the one stop shop for me.
    10-22-08 08:48 PM
    They just work email,messaging phone. It aLl works with out problems and the battery last more than one day.

10-22-08 08:51 PM
    I had to get a t-mobile phone (Going through a friends employee discount). I wanted a full keyboard with good call quality. Camera didn't matter. (Why use something chincy when I have 3 slr's at home?)

Came down to the curve and the sidekick. I got the curve because the sidekick seemed "immature and childlike" somehow.
    10-23-08 10:47 AM
    My co-workers all have one on tmobile and att and they use to say to me that I had a little kid phone (mogul) and I have to admit I started thinking that as well, and beside I got tired of the mogul windows phone and it just kept messing up on me...sprint finally came out with the blackberry and just got on the bandwagon, now I am in love

10-23-08 10:55 AM
    I got tired of having my old phone go off at work (I work at a funeral home), plus I needed a phone where I could store tons of phone #'s for different bosses, areas, etc. Little did I know I would get quickly addicted to brickbreaker. Husband nags me and my friends yell when I'm playing while they're trying on clothes. Geez, could ya just put it down!
    10-25-08 05:17 PM
    I was already paying so much for my nextel and well my job changed and I no longer needed the direct connect which was handy for dispatching one of the best two way radio type communications without setting up and using transmitters for private use. So my new job im needing to be closer to my e-mail and use the web and this BB is the best mobile computer I can use and still look snappy. I can even say the change has been quite painless and its a good addiction to have.
    10-27-08 07:41 AM
    I wanted to be able to check my email from my side business and after months of research and debating and fighting with myself in the back alley I chose the Curve over the iPhone.
    10-27-08 08:01 AM
    cause i wanted a phone that could do more but i didnt want a brick smartphone, so i decided to get the pearl and it went from there..
    i must say if it wasnt for my auntie and knowing blackberry released such device i wouldnt have known about the pearl
    10-27-08 08:04 AM
    I wanted a reliable phone with a "edgy" type of look, so I went for the Pearl
    10-27-08 09:06 AM
    I actually went in to the T-Mobile store leaning toward getting the Dash. After talking to the saleman, he said I'd be much happier with the Pearl (8120) and since I'd had Blackberrys in the past, that what I decided on. It was a perfect decision for me. I love my Pearl. I did end up going back and getting the Dash for my hubby. The keys on the Pearl are just to small for him and I couldn't really afford the Curve (I wasn't up for an upgrade so had to buy it outright). I'm sure my hubby would have liked the Curve but he is pretty satisfied with his Dash. It fits in his hand well. As for me, the Pearl is a perfect fit although I'd probably be just as happy with the Curve. Not everyone is looking for smaller. For me, the smaller the phone, the more likely it'll squirt out of my hand. My previous phone was TOO small. I actually think my hand was bigger than the phone.
    10-27-08 12:51 PM
    My dad used to have one of those massive old BBs when I was little and I always knew how to use it better than him. My dad was a kind of important guy so I always was like "ooooh...you know you're somebody when you have a BB" lol.

So when I needed one I knew how to use it already. LOVE Bb!
    10-27-08 03:44 PM
357 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD