06-27-11 01:07 PM
357 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I went on a business/personal trip. I had my camera, Ipod, GPS system, Laptop and a cell phone. It was just too cumbersome traveling w/ all of that. I will never go back now.
    09-14-08 08:15 AM
    Myself. I had switched from At&t to t-mobile in November. I got a crappy $10 flip phone, and had my Samsung Blackjack unlocked. In July I was fed up with all the problems I was having with the BJ, and went in to T-mobile. I tried out the T-mobile Dash for two days, and I HATED the battery life. So I took the Dash back, and got me a 8320 Curve for $368. It was well worth paying that much money, and I have no regrets.
    09-14-08 08:51 AM
    Needed something that could hold all of my appts, contacts, passwords for work and an MP3 player. got tired of lugging around my pda and my phone. Got a Pearl but it didn't have wifi. Got a curve in august and now the rest is history
    09-14-08 02:37 PM
    Email for me and the calendar stuff. So many more pluses since I ayeted coming here though! I'm a student psych nurse and the Bb is invaluable for keeping me organised and contactable. I am waiting (not so) patiently for a Curve to arrive tomorrow to upgrade my Pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 02:52 PM
    I finally got around to getting a Blackberry because I'm addicted to information, and now I can look things up when not at home. The biggest reason though was so I wouldn't have to be checking my personal emails continually to see if anything new arrived.

I don't see myself ever going back to a regular phone.

09-17-08 11:14 PM
    WIFI Internet
    09-17-08 11:19 PM
    Primarily because they're SWEET! Secondly because of the internet and email access.

09-21-08 10:41 PM
    I've had 4 other smart phones and loved them but none of them had the features that the berry has with access to everyone and everything in my electronic world. Love the attention that I get with it. The messenger and IM (aim and msn) features was the biggest draw being a texter. With the data plan being the cheapest offered by verizon it saves me money every month.
    09-22-08 05:51 AM
    getting out of a toxic relationship with my treo.

now I'm in codependent bliss with my bb!
    09-22-08 12:35 PM
    I was in the WTC on 9/11. My cell phone was useless because the collapse took out 10 cell towers, the Verizon building just north of the WTC with 400,000 line and probably other stuff I never knew about. I later learned the only thing that worked that day were Blackberries. My company had me passing out new equipment, so it was easy to snag one. At that time the devices had email, but no phone.

Over the years since I have left that job, and gone through a number of devices, but tried to always have either a company or a personal Blackberry.

Disasters such as the 2004 blackout and Katrina have just made me more aware of the importance of communications in a disaster situation. Short of a satellite phone, a Blackberry is as good as you are going to get.

09-22-08 01:08 PM
    A friend with a 8300 and someone on ebay trying to sell his 8310 (had it one week) to purchase an iPhone - almost a year ago. Worked out for both of us
    09-22-08 01:15 PM
    scywin, i'm very curious about your post. Should there be an event where communications are wiped out, how can a blackberry help?

as for me, what sold me onto blackberries was the fact that i can do almost everything in the digital age on it. i can make calls, text, send/receive emails, surf the net, chat with my mates on several messengers, read documents, the list goes on.

and why blackberry you ask? i figured if i wanted a smart phone, i might as well go with the best.
    09-23-08 09:26 AM
    Starting 2008 I had a Treo 650, which i thought it was kinda cool, until it died. After that i thought that something better than the Treo must be out there, started investigating and found Blackberry.

I just saw all the great things the BB could do, then i had the thoughest decision: Pearl or Curve. I went Curve and never thought of the Treo again.
    09-23-08 10:32 AM
    I was actually browsing trying to find another provider. I was initially planning to buy a totally different phone but the sales person kept hounding me about trying it out. soon enough i liked the phone and made that purchase.
    09-23-08 12:02 PM
    Wanted a new phone and saw a 7520 for 1 cent on the Nextel site, decided what the heck for a penny I could chuck it if I didn't like it. On a Curve now and love it even more.
    09-23-08 12:07 PM
    I was up with my Tmobile account and hated the service in Santa Fe. So I went to Verizon and looked at the moto-Q and the BB curve, the BB had a bigger screen and I liked the OS more.
    09-23-08 12:52 PM
    scywin, i'm very curious about your post. Should there be an event where communications are wiped out, how can a blackberry help?
    At the time Blackberries were purely messaging devices and I was told they used a pager network instead of the phone network. On 9/11 they continued to work but I couldn't get a cell phone connection until I got about 10 miles away. Even fire department radios malfunctioned.

This event was what got Blackberries really going in Wall Street circles. A couple years later they began to have models integrated with cell phones.

In the 2004 NY blackout the Blackberry worked, but my employers Enterprise server was knocked out, so I was able to send, but not receive. I view this as being the firm's failure, not RIMs. Backup power or putting the Enterprise server some place else would have prevented the problem. I began carrying around a small radio after that.

Today I have a personal T-Mobile Curve, so I am not sure how well it would work in a disaster situation, but I figure it is at least as good as anything else. With a little luck I'll never find out! :-)

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of communications networks can provide more background.

09-23-08 03:17 PM
    I had one through my previous job. My boss was leaving and a bunch of us decided to get a personal since we had all become addicted to messenger. I am glad I did since I am done with that crappy job- and a personal is so much more fun with all the apps and themes! I will never not have one
    09-25-08 06:56 PM
    My Boss has a BB and he always talks about it, so I had to check it out. Now I'm in LOVE
    09-25-08 08:23 PM
    A few friends have them and always had good things to say about it. Also Ive never had one before so I figured I would try something different.
    09-28-08 09:11 PM
    I had a blackjack and I need an upgrade I was looking for WM phone but all of them were junk, so I started looking at the iphone or curve but I'm sick of the hipe of the iphone plus a like a true keyboard so I went with the curve. Now I'm hooked for life!!!
    Thanks BB
    09-28-08 10:34 PM
    I wanted to get EVERYTHING out of Sprint's Simply Everything Plan that's possible, and the Blackberry seemed to be the best choice based on reading numerous reviews and DAYS of researching. I never owed a "smart phone" before and wasn't sure if I would be using all the capabilities. Now, I don't know what I did without it. It is absolutely the best phone I've ever owned. I'm able to keep up with e-mails, have all my MS Outlook info (contacts, calendar) right in the palm of my hand, have easy to use GPS navigation, and I can catch-up on the latest news whenever I have a spare minute. I LOVE my Blackberry!
    09-29-08 10:51 AM
    the power of having internet in ur palm and the sexiness of the curve!
    09-30-08 03:53 AM
    I had an iPhone and was always curious about the curve, walked into a radio shack to buy my solder and walked out with some solder....and a red 8310. So now I sim card hop between the BB and the iPhone, although I havnt put the sim card back in the iPhone and I added BIS to my plan I'm in love. Plus I love the bbm, aim, phone, mp3 palying, internet, and TRUE gps all in one small device! Can't wait to get my hands on.an unlocked storm though, even though it will cost $$$$$

09-30-08 04:17 AM
    Email access and net access while not in front of a computer... Plus my laptop died and haven't bothered replacing it yet.
    10-03-08 08:08 PM
357 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD