06-27-11 01:07 PM
357 ... 23456 ...
    People on T.v. had it. and I said to myself. omg I need that. lol ;P
    08-17-08 09:35 PM
    I bought an iphone and loved it during the few months I had it then needed money realizing I could get $500 for it... So I sold it on craigslist then found a used pearl on craigslist for $85 and loved it except for it was always doing weird things randomly so I had a free upgrade with att so I bought a new pearl 8110...loved it except I had a developing wonder about the curve so I returned the new pearl a few days later and got a brand new curve 8310. After I put os 4.5 on there (the shipped os was crap), I couldn't be happier with the best phone I've ever owned. LONG LIVE BLACKBERRY!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 11:13 PM
    A couple of my friend's have blackberries and when I emailed them they replied with "sent from my blackberry" and I got hooked ever since, it's so cool to check your email without a laptop!
    08-18-08 02:49 PM
    It was a combination of things. I had a mogul which kept freezing and I just got bored/tired with it. Like many I always thought of a blackberry as a corporate phone and when I started my new job in Page Ranking I figured why not make the jump. All my friends have them for work also so its easy to always communicate. The bold just looked so sleek at first but since a release date is nowhere in sight for sprint I got a curve.

Something shameless that made the curve appealing also was a line in a fabolous song that went like curve on her hip make me wanna blackberry her. It just made me see the appeal of the phone. Its not only for business types.

08-18-08 03:13 PM
    08-18-08 03:16 PM
    Well I was in North Carolina with my Dad looking for a house there. (I love it down there. I have never encountered friendlier people in my life.) But anyway, the real estate agent who was showing us all the houses had a Curve. At the time, I only knew blackberries as a corporate email device, so I was wondering what phone she had all day. I finally asked her what it was, and she told me it was a BlackBerry. I looked it up on the rim website, and it at first turned me off that it didn't have a touch screen. (I came from a Palm TX.) About 5 month later, my tx was having screen problems AGAIN, and I also wanted a better phone than my Razor. That is when I remembered the Curve, and I got a 8310. 3 months later, I got Dust under the right bottom corner of my screen, tried to fix it, and ended up striping a screw and destroying the outer screen. Then I found my 8820 on Craigs List for $65 and am very happy with it. Soooo much better than my palm. Well that's my story.

ahhh...that was nice of you to say about us Tarheel people. Come back to visit anytime.
    08-18-08 03:18 PM
    This is easy, it is called the "T-Mobile Wing" absolutly the biggest piece of crap ever made.
    I couldn't agree with you more!!!

I got my very first Blackberry with Nextel...the 7100i. I wanted to try something new and fell in love with this phone. I've since switched to Tmobile and had the Pearl and now I have the Curve.
    08-18-08 06:50 PM
    I wanted one for a long time but had to wait for my plan to expire. Finally it did and I am so glad I have one.
    08-18-08 11:51 PM
    I had a BB breifly but it died, and went back to my RAZR, but always missed everytyhing I could do with my BB, so when it came time to renew I went with a BB curve iz my buddy now.
    08-19-08 12:22 AM
    I purchased my blackberry because Ive wanted one for about 5 years, was given a 7130g in June and finally purchased my Curve 8310 at the end of July. Im in love with it and I do not think I will ever own anything besides blackberries.
    08-20-08 07:54 PM
    I rode my old Sanyo phone into the ground. I also grew very jealous of all of my peers and co-workers having cooler phones than me. Plus work was hounding me to get a phone that could receive e mails.

So I carefully looked at all the reviews of smart phones that I could get. The 8830 fit my needs the best. Plus the phone is SO sexy. I haven't had a bit of phone envy since. Except for having to watch some of you guys already get a Bold. I will be patiently waiting for Sprint's turn to get it. Then phone envy will completely cease until Blackberry announces their next generation of device.

The gap is not nearly as wide now though. As of right now all of my peers are wanting to get Blackberrys too now that they've checked mine out. Victory is Goat's!

08-20-08 08:00 PM
    When the Pearl came out, I desperatley wanted to have the trackball for the first time, having used other trackwheel BlackBerries that were not mine... the first thing I did on my Pearl after it finally booted up on Christmas morning was roll the trackball down to see if it worked
    09-07-08 08:04 PM
    A pay raise.

But for reals - I needed something to increase my productivity when I can't use my notebook or desktop.
    09-07-08 08:10 PM
    Everything, i have a blackberry 8330 from sprint, and i tell ya.... i spent almost 2 hour at the sprint store deciding between the curve or the instint, and wow im sooooo happy i got the curve 10 times better phone!!!!
    09-07-08 08:20 PM
    2 weeks ago I met up with a few of my friends in Vegas for a bachelor party and every single one of them had one.... after playing around with it for like 30 min I was sold!!! haha
    09-07-08 10:47 PM
    I got one because in my line of work, they are a must. I've been a long time BB user.
    09-08-08 12:06 AM
    my buddy that I lived with bouth himself a nextel blackberry! lOVED IT AND BOTH A GSM UNLUCKED ONE... afther that I got in the cellphone businnes and got a HTC p4000 (worst phone ever) therefore I came back to a black with a pearl and then a curve...!!!
    09-08-08 12:21 AM
    Work gave me a choice of any PDA that VZW offers . . .

I knew that i've seen dozens of "tech related issues" with Palm and Windows devices . . i've actually used a windows mobile device and found it slow and boring . .

Blackberrys have always seemed "businessy" but with the launch of the pearl and curve i figured . . what the heck

so i took a curve . . and here i am
    09-08-08 12:28 AM
    Instant emails and document viewing. Being able to analyze properties on the go.

Can't go back to a regular phone after this.
    09-08-08 12:41 AM
    Fully QWERTY keyboard for sure.
    09-08-08 01:06 AM
    My switch was due to being tired of Palm & WMo. Palm hasnt done anything innovative; unless you call removing the antenna innovative & WMo is still slow & sluggish as a snail.
    09-08-08 01:14 AM
    The need to always be connected made me get a curve. push e-mail was a huge plus. I will never go back to windows mobile or ever get an iphone.
    09-08-08 01:34 AM
    Well being the big equipment geek that I am when I saw my cousin's BB I feel in love. Then I started to realize EVERYONE around me had one.

I initially wanted the Pearl for the larger keys, but found CB and was convinced that the larger screen is way better then the larger keys with the suretype.

Well thank you everyone! I LOVE my curve 8330 and have been an addict ever since.
    09-08-08 06:42 AM
    I had an LG vx9800.. I knew then that i just could not own another phone that didnt have a qwerty keyboard/pad :-p

then it occurred to me that i'd probably be better off with something a little more professional. I tried the treo 700w and returned it 3 days later. I heard that the curve was going to be released on Verizon (current carrier) in about a month or 2. Close to the release date, Verizon had the curve for sale a week early... jumped on it, got it a day later.. been in love ever since

This doesnt help the fact that i'm trying to break my internet addiction :-p
    09-08-08 07:07 PM
    A week away from r upgrade my husband and I went looking 4 new phones at wits end with r razors...he wanted a bb 4 school and I was going 2 go with the lg scoop. We paid 4 r phones in advance and sales rep gave my husband a loaner pearl 2 tinker with. During the week up til we coulld officially upgrade I was on the pearl non stop. When we went in 2 pick up phones my husband was bond on getting me a bb 2...he didn't want me on his all the time. I was set on scoop though. Well the sales rep offered 2 buy razor for 75 with 100 dolla rebate on pearl...paying 5 in the end...couldn't pass it up and I'm glad I didn't!
    09-08-08 08:28 PM
357 ... 23456 ...