06-27-11 01:07 PM
357 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    For me it was the on screen calendar. I have a terrible memory so I put all birthdays, club meetings, work meetings, and doc. Appts in it. Would you believe the last battery pull wiped my calendar clean. Now I have to search the fourms to see if I can just reinstall the calendar portion from bb manager. If not, then I have to decide if I want to re-enter calendar info. Or re-install apps. I still will never give up my berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 07:50 PM
    I had an enV 1, and I love that thing like you wouldn't beleive... just as much as my Storm... I had to upgrade a couple months ago, and since all of Verizon's regular phones are ****, BB was the only option, and the Storm was my favorite. The texting was great, and I like having all my connections in one device... also, I was trying to find a way to get my thousands of songs off zune onto my iTouch for cheap, but couldn't, so Rhapsody and BB are a HUGGGGGGGGGGE plus...
    In short, BB > all phones minus the original enV... love that damn thing.
    09-24-09 11:21 PM
    I was in Hollywood, CA last year and was watching a shooting of a comedy show (I forget who the lady was...she wasn't all that funny) but in the middle of the shoots, she would whip out her BB and start pounding away. It was when the curve FIRST came out and decided right there that I wanted one.

A year later, I'm on my 2nd curve (8320) and still love it. I kind of regret having it sometimes since I've been hooked up to my company's BES.
    Been wanting one for ages. Friends all had one and decided it was time for me to have one too. Glad I bought it, nothing is better than a Blackberry in my eyes (Apart from hard sex)
    09-25-09 12:50 AM
    Two reasons - the old sliders I had been using to access the web & email were nickel and diming up to almost the same monthly bill as a data plan; also I had visions of BB=success.

09-27-09 09:28 PM
    I fell in love with the Curve when it first came out 3 years ago but I was with Sprint and they didn't have a BB at the time. So I did the only thing I could think of being that I was under a 2 year contract- I got a Curve through Tmo and had 2 wireless accts! I stayed w/ Tmo 1 year until the 8330 came to Sprint then I high tailed it back. Had the Curve for a year till the Tour arrived and the rest is history. I originally wanted something just for texting but I have gained so much more in this little device. I literally run my life through my blackberry!

09-30-09 10:00 PM
    My chocolate broke and when I went looking for a new dumbphone, verizon's selection was pretty terrible...so I took a BB - thinking "oh cool, internet email and gps!". Needless to say, I love the e-mail, the lock on the gps kinda sucks, and the non-wap version of the internet is laughable at best on this thing. The 8330 is pretty dependable, but I feel I'm getting ripped off compared to those with tours/storms, because we are paying the same monthly fees and I am not able to utilize many of the features they get. Can't wait for this contract to be over so I can upgrade berries.
    10-04-09 08:00 PM
    I would receive a lot of emails from school. Also it was the first touchscreen blackberry. Had to see what it was like.
    10-04-09 08:02 PM
    my first one was free from dad and sidekicks are freakin lame
    10-04-09 11:50 PM
    Dumped AT&T and decided to get a phone that had more functionality with a more reasonable monthly cost.

Actually just switched a 8350i Nextel to a 8330 Sprint because the data was just too damn slow with Nextel, I could have taken a nap waiting for pages to load.
    10-05-09 06:47 AM
    I'm a very disorganized guy. I would always forget dates and special occasions. When I got my first BB my ultimate reason is the calender. It's got a much better calender then the regular phone and with a full keyboard, it's easier to enter appointments. I force myself to get into a good habit of using my calender and alarm. I then discover more feature of the device and that's when I fell in love. So much to do on a phone that it became apart of my life. I have never felt a piece of electronic that feels so personal and that's how I became a crackberry addict. LOL.
    Last edited by thymaster; 10-06-09 at 02:52 AM.
    10-06-09 02:46 AM
    alot of friends had them. and everybody in my band had them bc it was easy to stay in contact with eachother whenever we would go overseas
    10-06-09 01:27 PM
    i purchased a blackberry because i'm in school and i work. i needed a device that can store my appointments. i don't carry a planner with me, and a phone is always with me.
    01-24-10 11:11 AM
    I live in the boonies and cant get DSL and was paying to tether my voyager. I heard about tetherberry (now tether) and figured I could save money. I was paying 50 to tether plus 15 for data on the handset. Now my 30 dollar package takes care of both. That was my initial motivation. Now that phase is over. I am obsessed with all of the other things I can do with it and would never give up my BB even if I had to pay extra to keep the tether( Although I hope that never happens). It is the most awesome addictive phone ever created. Iphone eat your heart out!
    01-25-10 05:36 AM
    I needed it mostly for the organization. I have a 5 year old with autism that sees 2 different doctors, counseling, occupational therapy and speech therapy. I have a 2 year old with Kawasaki Disease and severe gastrointestinal issues that sees a GI, Cardiologist, Immunologist and speech therapy. My husband works different shifts depending on the day. In all I don't get much of a break and my BlackBerry keeps me in check!
    01-25-10 06:37 AM
    I was way over due for a new phone, I didn't even have bluetooth and wanted that. I also had a USB modem for internet access at work. While searching for a new phone the salesman showed me the tour and told me I could tether with it.

So instead of paying $50 a month for my phone and $60 a month for the USB modem now I have a phone and a modem for $80 a month.
    01-25-10 09:02 AM
    I was due for an upgrade with Alltel (now Verizon) and was tired of having to spend 2 years with a crappy phone. I was tired of the exchanges and insurance claims and still being stuck with a phone that didn't work right. I was also wanting/needing use of the internet a lot more and my "dumb phones" just weren't giving me the access I needed.

I went into Alltel shortly before my upgrade date and saw the adorable little pink Pearl sitting on display. I fell in love and started researching the whole BB thing. After finding crackberry.com I knew I had to have it. Long story short, I bought it but ended up exchanging it for the Curve 8330, mostly because other people kept trying to convince me I would like it more. I have enjoyed the Curve but I've also missed the Pearl! It was a great little phone.

I've since bought a Pearl Flip which should be coming in the mail Wednesday, and am up for an upgrade with Verizon early March and will be getting the Essex. I don't see myself ever moving away from BB.
    01-25-10 04:40 PM
    i had verizon,,,soo they dont hav iphone soo i went with the storm,,

i was glad that i got a BB...love it
    01-25-10 05:02 PM
    About a year ago...
    Last edited by pale_face; 03-29-10 at 01:48 PM.
    01-30-10 03:54 AM
    Ahhh. While reading the last post I could hear a mini orchestra playing lol. It was like a fairy tale it was meant to be!!! Lmao

01-30-10 08:50 AM
    I first swapped to a blackberry because it actually connected to my audi, my sidekick 3 was having issues... I was using a friends curve for a month before the 9k was released which I had put on hold because I knew I would love the phone.

The speed at which the emails arrive is amazing as well at the entire interface which tops everything other kind of phone out there.

I was hooked the day I switched from t-mobile to AT&T

01-30-10 08:58 AM
    My father is definitely to blame lol. He first had the 8700 for work. Then got a curve 8330 as his personal phone. From there it was the bold 9000. Everyday I looked at his bold I wondered why I didn't go ahead and get a blackberry already. Don't know what I was waiting on, but back in July I finally got a blackberry tour and no longer had to ask him to pretend type on his bold!

01-30-10 09:35 AM
    I work for Verizon Data Tech support...
    I got it because I wanted to know the ins and outs of what I was supporting.
    I always thought smartphones were stupid because who needs to have all the bells and whistles...
    then I got one... now I would NEVER have anything else.
    01-30-10 01:47 PM
    I had an LG Env. Hated the tiny keys. No idea why I kept it so long (1 year - still have it - anyone want it?). Girlfriend had an xv6700 that I really liked (touch screen keyboard and slide out keyboard) so I bought a used one on ebay for $35. Had it for 2 years (still have it - but not for sale!) and deactivated the LG. When my NE2 came up, I looked at the HTC Ozone but the dial keys were too small. When I saw the Storm2 dialpad I fell in love. And the surepress touch screen. And the gorgeous colors. And it received all of my email accounts so easily. Haven't looked back.
    01-30-10 03:10 PM
    Just saw a QUERTY keyboard and thought I'd give it a try. Only by chance was it a BlackBerry *shrug*

Was a real pain in the arse to get it working because I didn't know about BIS/BES and learned the hard way how to port everything to TCP/IP. Having said that, I have only bought BlackBerrys since

Edit: I like the hardware, and I am a big time advocate of open industry standards (not closed proprietory services).
    Last edited by flop; 01-31-10 at 08:27 PM.
    01-31-10 08:22 PM
    commercials with the voice of the guy from the office.
    01-31-10 10:04 PM
357 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD