06-27-11 01:07 PM
357 ... 910111213 ...
    I got mine because it was red.
    That's a great reason to get one. My 1st was the red Pearl then Curve. I held out on the Curve until it came out in red for Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:27 AM
    i got one cause myex had one and she convinced me just so we could bbm :P
    07-31-09 12:52 PM
    I went in to upgrade my phone - my service contract was up. Pulled up and saw the Verizon sign replacing Alltel which I knew was coming. Anyway when I found out we could get a 8330 Curve and a second free we were sold. I ended up trading my phone for the Storm and have been in heaven ever since (I pretty much camp out on this site now)
    08-01-09 03:13 AM
    I'd been ogling them for eight years or so. Every time a commercial for any carrier came on and a BlackBerry was mentioned, I'd start openly salivating. Finally, I got hired on as a graduate assistant and could afford to splurge, so I picked up my Curve less than a month ago and haven't looked back. It does everything I need and then some. I'm completely addicted and shameless about it!
    08-01-09 03:33 AM
    What inspired me to get a blackberry was the fact that I was an avid window mobile user. i had a HTC Kaiser and Wing, Then I got a Nokia N85 because of it's multimedia capabilities and size. But as I was due for an upgrade with AT&T several weeks ago, it was a choice between the Iphone and Blackberry Bold. I'm so glad that I went with the bold and I hear the Iphone is riddled with vulnerabilities, software gltiches, and plus, I love my keyboard, lol.
    08-01-09 02:37 PM
    I found a 7290 in a yard sale for like 40 bucks. I was like 12 at the time and it was like 2006. I have not seen too many smart phones but I had my mom buy it. I felt like I had the coolest phone ever. I bought the Pearl when it came out. After the Pearl I went on to the Tour!
    08-01-09 06:05 PM
    I saw Verizon's pretty red BB 8830 and I qualified for a discount so I snatched it. Then I managed to sneak the 9530 from their Buy One Get One Free they were having for the first half of this year.
    08-01-09 06:17 PM
    I came from the WM camp (HTC Mogul). That thing was a swiss army knife however the WM lag would get annoying at times
    ...and the build quality of the handset was poor (the ol' hardware key break issue times over)
    ...and the bluetooth sucked
    ...and the touchscreen dialing keypad was awkward when driving
    ...and frequently missed calls as was froze in data session
    ...and I wanted something that worked.

The Mogul was a WM PDA with ok messaging yet poor as a phone. Wanting a QWERTY real keyboard on something more stable that works as a messaging device and a phone. There was no alternative other than the berry.
    08-02-09 09:15 AM
    I had the LG Rumor for the last 2 years and wanted something different, but wanted a qwerty keyboard. So I went with the Pre, that lasted a week. Great phone but keyboard was way too small n cramped for me. So returned it and went with BB curve 8330 and glad I did. Don't know how I went so long without.

Thinking bout adding the tour to my BB collection in sept when I can upgrade my other line. But I might hold off and see what else sprint gets BB-wise

08-02-09 09:46 AM
    Don't know how I went so long without.
    Well. Same here...

My first contact with BlackBerry was in o2 shop in London. That day I said to myself this phone is not for me. So I went for PDA with touch screen... Couple of weeks ago my last PDA gone down - again. I decided to try again with BB. That was very good choice! Now I'm happy Bold user
    08-02-09 10:40 AM
    The reason I got a blackberry is because I check my email in a regualr basis and it is so much easier to write messages with it
    08-02-09 11:12 AM
    I work some midnight shifts (13 hr shifts 5p - 6a).... this is the reason I have a BB. I was skeptical at first, so I ordered a 7520 off of ebay. We will see where I go from here.
    08-02-09 12:45 PM
    What everyone else said.
    08-02-09 09:48 PM
    I went through 3, count them (1, 2, 3), HTC Touch 6900s for a variety of reasons. Needless to say when my provider (nothing against them, they are great) offered to replace number 3 with a possible number 4, I passed and went with my first BlackBerry.

It's me and my Pearl 8130! I'm a convert.
    08-05-09 01:38 PM
    I got a bb because my gf said she wanted a pearl. I had no idea what a bb was and she told me so I decided to get one. Been an addict since last year with no plans of stopping.

08-13-09 10:51 AM
    me too love my berry ..from pearl to storm ...
    08-13-09 10:57 AM
    I have yet to buy my very FIRST BB, but have done most every other type of phone and had every type provider in my area. A few friends have had them for years, and I always thought they were too much to handle. But now that I am in school again and run a biz, I feel it is required to be able to be on the go and still do what I need.

I am still debating on the Tour or the Curve, though. I never had this problem before because for me it was more about the latest out, and not the best fit for me. But I do plan on getting it by the 25th so back to the review forum I go....
    09-17-09 05:49 PM
    the ease of using it
    09-17-09 05:56 PM
    My previous cells were always LG, they crapped out on me every single time but yet I never wanted to go a different route...but I got fed up with my carrier and went with Rogers, saw the BB, and wasnt sure to go with my Curve or an Iphone...I couldnt text on the iphone as well as the BB so i took my curve instead
    09-22-09 04:30 PM
    makes it so easy to talk to my overseas folks
    09-22-09 04:33 PM
    I hated verizon's OS and wanted to be able to put apps on my phone that I wanted. So the tour was it for me.
    09-22-09 04:40 PM
    I always wanted a phone that would let you do pretty much anything..and I got to say BB's are amazing..I just love it
    09-24-09 03:57 PM
    the reliability.. the customization... the fact that it has everything that my Treo 700w & 700wx didn't have.
    09-24-09 05:03 PM
    I read this thread and really wasn't sure what brought me to a BB.

I think back. My PDA had died. My cell phone had basically no features except in calls and out calls.

I had been in the Verizon store 2 times previously wondering what the heck would I do with those little keys?

I finally went in one day and said...okay, I'm ready. Asked the poor salesguy about 62 questions and walked out about an hour later.

Joined crackberry.com, purchased a BB for Dummies book, practiced, asked in the forums, tested, downloaded, bought an SD card, and just kept at it.

Now Verizon has a Buy One Get One Free ad for BB's...and my sweetie wants one. Sigh. I think tomorrow I'm getting us two Tours. Well I'm sure I'll be on here all night tomorrow!
    09-24-09 06:57 PM
    It was fate. I had wanted the pearl as soon as I saw it. As "luck" would have it, my old phone was acting up and sometimes you couldn't hear the person on the other side. My now ex-husband was having a "bad day"-he was already in a bad mood when he asked to use my phone. He was on his 3rd or 4th "can u hear me?!?!" when he got so mad, he broke it in half, and stomped it right there on the car floorboard. Really funny looking back, but I said "WTH!?!?" He said, "I'm sorry. Let's go get another one. Right now. Whatever you want." And the Angels began to sing...Left TMobile with a big smile on my face..I just got my second one (spilled soda on my first-aaarrggh-yesterday and got my new one today-withdrawals weren't too bad) and am complete once again...
    09-24-09 07:49 PM
357 ... 910111213 ...