My oldest daughter has traveled overseas for most of the summer. I determined that setting her up with a bb and sending texts via email and pin was the most inexpensive way for us to remain in contact. It's worked really well, and I fell in love with my bb after being a certified palm addict for 15 years. (Still find myself trying to use the bb non-touchscreen every now and then.)
    Love getting my corporate email when I"m away from the computer.
    All in all.... I'm here to stay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 02:29 AM
    I had a Treo and one of my co-workers suggested I get a BB instead and he told me about it. I played around with it and knew then and there that I had to have one!

07-20-08 02:37 AM
    when i got promoted to manager working for verizon i was automatically given a choice, blackberry or die. so i chose the blackberry. i have gone from the 8830 world edition to the 8130 pearl to finally the curve. which is by far the best thing ever created since the internet.
    07-20-08 10:14 AM
    I was watching "Live Free, Die Hard" on my friends iPod, Justin Long had some kind of smartphone, and he waz a computer programmer... So i thought hmm, I want that... After the movie waz finished, I turned on the TV and saw the commercial for the BlackBerry Cure, so right then, i knew what i wanted....
    08-01-08 04:34 PM
    This is easy, it is called the "T-Mobile Wing" absolutly the biggest piece of crap ever made.
    08-01-08 05:03 PM
    after i played with my buddies sidekick, i fell in love with the trackball, so i had to have a berry.
    08-01-08 05:09 PM
    I used to have a Treo 700w, but I just wasn't crazy about it. So I went through an "enV" stage, had version 1,2 and I almost got the 3rd version, but I went into the VZW store and got the "Dare" instead. Had it a week, absolutely HATED it. Switched it for the Pearl. My mom talked me into it, up until now I also thought the BlackBerry was for business people.

Had the Pearl two weeks, and after getting one lemon after another, switched to the Curve. I'm loving it and I will NEVER go back to a regular phone again!

08-01-08 06:02 PM
    I started to work for AT&T and saw all the managers had it, but the 7290. I saw other starting to get BBs and the trackwheel was a turn on. I bought an 8700c from a co-worker for $100. Never looked back from there.

08-02-08 12:28 AM
    My husband inspired me. He is in the Navy and always gone so for me having immediate access to email and instant messaging is VERY important. Now I don't feel tied to the computer waiting to see if he is on yahoo. I love it!

08-02-08 02:38 AM
    My first one was given to me and I quickly realized that it did everything a wanted a phone to do in terms of getting my messages. There's no other phone as far as I'm concerned.
    08-02-08 03:09 AM
    I was on bimmerforums.com reading some stuff on bmws and some guy was selling a bb curve for cheap so i picked it up and im in love with it!
    08-02-08 05:23 AM
    My girlfriend Dawne was always sending me messages from her BB so when I started looking for a new phone BB's were right at the top of my list.
    2 days after my husband got home from Iraq we were at the ATT store buying my first curve. I've had it for a little over 2 weeks and I love it!

08-02-08 06:43 AM
    My father is a VP and has had a Blackberry for years and would always tell me how nice they were. So i finally decided to get one and i love it...
    08-02-08 06:45 AM
    Got tired of my sidekick 3 and wanted a more "adult" phone. So I was debating whether I should go iPhone or BB. My big issue was how expensive AT&T is and the "no real buttons" on the iPhone. I asked around, researched, and finally decided that Blackberry was the way to go. Wasn't a big fan of the color choices (tmobile only has the titanium and the gold..and honestly, f_ck gold) but it was a small set back on an otherwise amazing choice. And I've had Tmobile for years and I wouldn't change my carrier for the world. Ordered it over the phone on wednesday, got it thursday afternoon. Been in love ever since.

08-02-08 10:35 AM
    I sell them all day long, so it wasn't long before I was hooked.
    08-06-08 10:25 AM
    you can do so much with one device, i luvz my curve...
    the curve replaces my ipod, digital camera, i dont wear my watch anymore or use my other alarm clocks, now that i have my BB i use the BB messenger more than my other messengers (aim, msn, yahoo), just noticing that i chat with my friends that have a BB more than my other friend that dont... my BB practically replaced my desktop. . . i have games, calculator, sticky notes, google maps, password keeper, bluetooth... oh how i luvz my BB
    08-06-08 05:09 PM
    I was in my local att store when I saw the curve, it was basically calling my name so I bought it.

08-06-08 05:59 PM
    Last position..Business Operations..felt necessary
    08-07-08 12:03 AM
    I wanted something more for school and decided to give the BB a try. I got the pearl 8100 because it was cheap and I wasn't worried about the money I would loose if I didn't like it.

Well...

You have another addict here because I have been hooked to the thing since I got it less than a month ago. It does everything and more. Couldn't ask for anything better.
    08-07-08 09:00 AM
    Email & internet. All of the personal email sites are blocked at work; I wanted the ability to check my personal email during the day.

08-07-08 07:36 PM
    I was browsing the Telus self-service site when I saw that I had like 30 offers in my account, where I could upgrade to a SmartPhone (from my Nokia 6265i) for the 3 year contract discounted price if i renewed my contract... I hummed and hawed over them for 20 minutes and decided to forget it.

THEN, I went into a Telus store about a month later and saw that they had the phones on display. I wanted the HTC Touch, but the sales rep was holding a Pearl and she sold it REALLY well, and it was $0, and my bill would only be $6 more per month... So I got it! Three months later I switched to the Curve.

(I go see the same sales rep, even though she's changed branches, whenever I have an issue or question.. I even referred her to this site!)
    08-07-08 08:08 PM
    There I was in BFE (better known as Sidney, NE) when my krzr died in the middle of talking to my dispatcher. The closest Verizon store was in Lincoln(that was the longest 350 miles of my life). I had been looking at getting a BB but I was still 1 year from an upgrade. When they told me I could get a BB at the new customer price, I was like, sign me up and the rest is BB history. Now it's me and BB against the world......muahahahaha
    08-08-08 10:44 AM
    i got the berry initially because with tmo i could have my phone work in my house with the wifi. otherwise i cant leave my bedroom without dropping my call. now i cant see myself without Dolce 3 (yeah i named my berry lol)
    08-17-08 03:30 PM
    The AT&T sales rep. at the store talked me into it. It was time for me to upgrade phones and thank God it was because I was sick and tired of my RAZR. My requirement for my new phone was it HAD to have a full qwerty keyboard because I text constantly.

The rep. had a BB Pearl and told me she loved it, but she loved the Curve when she got to test it out and suggested I buy it over the Pearl. (There was no price difference, so I'm assuming she wasn't lying to me.) I'm not one that usually listens to what sales reps. have to say, but I'm sooooo glad I listened to her and switched over to a BB. I LOVE IT and will never ever go back.
    08-17-08 04:25 PM
    just wanted a stable usable smartphone, i�ve had windows mobile, i�ve had symbian S60, S90 and UIQ, and its a really nasty feeling when you press a key or order up a function and the phone takes several seconds to even react, the HTC touch kind of pushed me over, i�ve even been so enraged at it that i�ve punched the screen, it didnt break and my brother was still able to trade it for a EEEPC, but still, the blackberry is very smooth compared to every smartphone i�ve used till now, unless an aplication is very heavy and requires loading, i�ve yet to expiriance any basic function to take more then a second to load,

like that honda comercial, its nice when everything just works,
    08-17-08 07:26 PM
357 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD