I was in Hollywood, CA last year and was watching a shooting of a comedy show (I forget who the lady was...she wasn't all that funny) but in the middle of the shoots, she would whip out her BB and start pounding away. It was when the curve FIRST came out and decided right there that I wanted one.

A year later, I'm on my 2nd curve (8320) and still love it. I kind of regret having it sometimes since I've been hooked up to my company's BES.
    07-06-08 08:57 PM
    A coworker of mine in another office came in one day with a Pearl but I believe he went with T-mobile. It looked pretty good so I looked Blackberries up and decided to go with the Pearl because of its size. I didn't think I would care for the bigger version, the Curve. Now I wouldn't mind having one.
    07-06-08 09:05 PM
    A need for email did it and my treo 650 was a piece of junk. Its been blackberry ever since. I'm om #3 now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 09:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/why-...ckberry-49087/

07-06-08 09:15 PM
    Well, it wuz a Friday and I had 2 go on a trip on Sunday and I didn't want 2 depend on a prepaid fone not 2 mention itz embarrassing! So I stopped bi da att store and the pearl looked so cool and slick that I had 2 have it. It wuz between that or the ugly palm and the ill-shaped blackjack!

07-06-08 09:17 PM
    I needed something for email and internet and I wanted a full QWERTY. When I went to ATT to look at phones, I just fell in love with the red Curve and I've never been happier. Best phone choice I've made.
    07-06-08 09:21 PM
    Well I was in North Carolina with my Dad looking for a house there. (I love it down there. I have never encountered friendlier people in my life.) But anyway, the real estate agent who was showing us all the houses had a Curve. At the time, I only knew blackberries as a corporate email device, so I was wondering what phone she had all day. I finally asked her what it was, and she told me it was a BlackBerry. I looked it up on the rim website, and it at first turned me off that it didn't have a touch screen. (I came from a Palm TX.) About 5 month later, my tx was having screen problems AGAIN, and I also wanted a better phone than my Razor. That is when I remembered the Curve, and I got a 8310. 3 months later, I got Dust under the right bottom corner of my screen, tried to fix it, and ended up striping a screw and destroying the outer screen. Then I found my 8820 on Craigs List for $65 and am very happy with it. Soooo much better than my palm. Well that's my story.

07-06-08 09:25 PM
    The Facebook application and the fact that RIM made IM programs for Yahoo, AIM and Google. I didnt have these things on my Sprint Mogul/6800 and wanted that.
    07-06-08 09:39 PM
    Everyone at work had them and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now I love it and don't think I could ever use a regular phone again.
    07-06-08 10:58 PM
    I needed it for work. I was terrified when I first got it and nearly sent it back. Dodged the bullet on that one!

07-06-08 11:00 PM
    pure luck. when i went to the vzw store i was planing on getting a treo or this other wm smartphone. my brother wanted a 8330 and i stared to play with it and back to the one i was looking at and then back to the curve and back to the other and finally i held them side by side and decided that i really wanted a bb (my brother ended up getting a q ,poor sob)
    07-06-08 11:46 PM
    I needed something for email and internet and I wanted a full QWERTY. When I went to ATT to look at phones, I just fell in love with the red Curve and I've never been happier. Best phone choice I've made.
    ditto......I love being online and love texting/emails etc.....I HATE doing it on a regular phone. I just bought a red curve 8310 as well and well I am sure life will never be the same!
    07-06-08 11:59 PM
    I was told the data plan was much cheaper than the data plan for my treo. Then I went searching and found crackberry.com

Then I decided a BB was for me.

07-07-08 12:06 AM
    One of my clients had a cute little phone she always had in her hand. I could never see what it was, but one day she sat it down in front of me and I saw it was a BB. I was shocked b/c I didn't think BBs could look as "cool" as her phone did. I looked it up and found out it was a Curve. I did tons of research, and although I hated other handhelds (sent back quite a few in my day) I decided to give it a try when I noticed TMobile had Hotspot @ Home. I can't imagine going back to a regular phone!!
    My brother got the Pearl when it first came out and I thought it was pretty sweet. But didn't think I would spend the money for one. Then I got a new job in a sales position and all the sales team had Pearl's, provided by the Company. For some reason they stuck me with some cheap free phone they got when the activated a new line. I wasn't having it so about a month later I went out and bought my own. And absolutely fell in Love. I now have the Curve that I got for Christmas Woo Hoo.
    I was looking to move from a RAZR2 to a smartphone. Palm was not on my radar, and for some reason I still had the idea in my head that Blackberries were all like "Old Blue" from the 7000 series and dismissed it as something targeted to the suits and ties. I was looking pretty much exclusively at Windows Mobile devices, which for the most part didn't impress me. Then I saw my sister in-law's 8100 Pearl and was amazed that what I thought from a distance was a Motorola candy bar phone was actually a Blackberry. Needless to say, the rest is history.
    07-07-08 12:24 AM
    I'm a phone hopper but when I was fed up with the Sidekick 3 my only other option with T-Mobile was the 8700. It was the weirdest phone to get used to but now 3 years later I am still a crackberry user and I have since upgraded to a Curve.
    07-07-08 12:37 AM
    the reason I got my Blackberry is because i got tired of the damn winmo devices freezing all the time....having to download apps to make them run faster made me mad all the time...i bought a pearl and it was better than the TMO Wing, sold the pearl for a profit and bought a curve and never looked back, i now have 3 BBs and no WINSlow devices but i do use regular phones regularly just to phone hop
    07-07-08 12:42 AM
    Got my BB Curve because I wanted something to be able to surf the net and check my email at work, between patients. We can use the internet at work as long as our work gets done, but I don't like that my boss has a program that logs every keystroke. So, went to my AT&T store and they agreed to upgrade me early and I got my red Curve.
    Love it, love it, love it. And my boss doesn't have to know how often I read my email. It's my only phone. I gave up my home phone a few years ago because the only people who called that number were telemarketers. With my BB, I'm never out of touch with anyone unless I choose to be.
    07-07-08 01:36 AM
    I was tired of having a phone and a PDA. Used the PDA for work and personal stuff. And I have a bad memory. Or maybe it's just that I have too much to remember! When I started an accelerated program for my Bachelors degree, I often needed a way to communicate with my classmates for team projects and it seemed that I was the only shift worker. Everyone else had nights and weekends off. That's when I looked at smartphones. About that same time, Verizon got the Pearl 8130 and I saw that I could combine my phone and PDA and still carry it comfortably in my pocket and I was sold. I love this phone! When it comes time to upgrade, I will surely get another BB!
    07-07-08 01:44 AM
    No partcular reason. But I sure am glad I did!
    07-07-08 08:58 AM
    I think my primary reason was because I wanted to text and hated using a regular phone. Someone I know had a Pearl and I loved the tractball option as well as the PDA aspect. I had to convince myself that I needed a PDA (after having one and never using it). But long story short, I got my curve because I researched it and fell in lust. When I finally got it and began to use all the different options (love that I can have multiple email providers), I fell in love. I will never go back to a regular phone.

BB forever!
    07-07-08 10:10 AM
    I needed to condense things into one small package. I was sick of carrying a phone (Razr, which I hated w/ a passion), plus my various calendars, address books, etc. My Curve does everything I could possibly need/want (and then some). I've got 3 kids plus a husband to keep track of and it just makes organizing my life so much easier!
    07-07-08 01:16 PM
    I was tired of hauling around the phone and the PDA so I started investigating blackberrys but the price of the bb plan scared me away. Then when email became a huge part of my new job, I took the plunge and got the curve. Now I'm so organized it scares me lol. Procrastinators every where should really invest in the bb.
    07-07-08 01:52 PM
    Actually, I didn't buy mine, I won it from a T-Mobile online contest. They were giving away 1,000 of them, and I was one of the lucky winners, which is wonderful because I needed a new phone desperately since my puppy made my old flip phone into a chew toy. It still worked fine, but not very attractive with all the teeth marks. LOL
    07-07-08 02:51 PM
357 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD