I had a Sidekick 2008, and I had wanted a BlackBerry for a while, someone offered to trade me their Pearl 8100 for my Sidekick 2008 (which was in perfect condition, while their Pearl was scratched and marked up to ****.) and I said... SURE!

I really didn't realise how addicted I was to it until I got hit by a car about two weeks after getting it, and it was run over by a bus (D': ) and I had to go with a cheap Samsung SGH-T20... something phone, which the sales rep offered to us for free because they felt bad.

I had to use that for about four days before my mum got a cheque to pay for my replacement (A Curve 8900)... I can't tell you how relived I was that day, I even woke up at like 4am, and walked through the mall to the T-Mobile store, even though both of my knees (which hadn't healed yet.) were still hurting like ****.

So that's how I got mine, I think if I had to choose one reason I really wanted it, was just because I got kind of tired of my sidekick, and I thought the Pearl looked really cool at the time. Which is why I also traded my iPod for a white 8100, just because I wanted to have one so I could remember where I came from, and also so I could have something as a backup phone.
    06-24-09 10:54 PM
    I love all-in-one stuffs
    06-25-09 01:45 AM
    I love my blackberry!!!! i love to PIN
    06-29-09 01:24 PM
    The fact that I can use PIN-PIN messaging to speak to friends who have moved to other countries or family across the world. Definately saves me a TON of money from using calling cards and such. Also, the keyboard. Many other QWERTY phones just look silly and very "teenish".. the BlackBerry 8900 just looked perfect and nice.. had to get it
    07-04-09 10:26 PM
    At first I didn't know anything about blackberries. Until I threw my phone at the wall and decided it was time for a new one. I went in the at&t store, and the lady there keep preassuring me into buying the curve. And all her talk worked because I ended up getting it. Now, I don't even know how ever lived my life without it.
    07-15-09 01:31 PM
    Before I purchased my flip I used to have simple yet sturdy benq-siemens EF71. I liked the design and especially the clock on external screen. The only bad thing- the phone was Tri-band, so here in USA I had no recepton in certain places. I started looking for a quad-band with a clock on external screen. First I spotted some older Nokia, but kept looking till I stumbled upon the pearl flip. I decided to give it a try and it is working good for me so far. I still keep my siemens for travelling overseas though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 01:30 AM
    The commercial for the Curve8300 when the silver brain melted down and turned into the Curve...I said then "that thing is mine!"

07-23-09 09:00 AM
    My best friend got one for Christmas, and I was still on the Sidekick LX and T-Mobile. I bought a Curve on December 27th.

Enough said, lol!
    07-24-09 12:00 AM
    I swapped phones with my Uncle---Thanks Unc
    07-24-09 10:43 PM
    Wanted a phone that had a full keyboard, and that was good at email and messenging. My blackberry is the best at email and all the other devices in my opinion are playing catchup. Things like BBM and the addon apps only make the experience sweeter

07-25-09 10:07 AM
    i had an enV 2.. and i had just really wanted a do it all device.. i had really been waiting for the HTC touch pro to come to verizon (went to at&t/sprint first.. Played with it in their stores, loved it.. snappy, responsive.. what i had been waited for.. then big red received it and tried loading it with their signature (stupid) over lay os and it just killed the phone..so i faced with a choice.. i had already been waiting 3 months for the touch pro.. i had wanted a qwerty keyboard and a touch screen.. that was the only smartphone like that V had beisdes the palm and i didnt want that.. ended up going with the storm for the tactical feed back from the screen.. love every since
    07-25-09 10:57 AM
    my coworker was always on his phone and saying all these things he could do on it, like emailing, organizing, applications and i got jealous and thought "who would want a phone like that."

then i started looking at pics online and reading about blackberries and i got a curve with sprint, then a bold with att, now i have a javelin 8900unlocked tmobile using it with att. so glad i got one!
    07-29-09 12:22 AM
    my friend lost my rokr e8 so i had to wait a couple months to get a new phone
    & i thought the curve 8900 was the most gorgeous phone ever
    then i was looking at the features and i was sold
    07-29-09 12:40 AM
    My 6000.00 ncome tax return did it for me! Why not have the best?

07-29-09 04:22 PM
    well I remember all through like middle school EVERYONE had a cell phone, but my mom would never buy me one. When I finally got up to high school for my 14th bday my mom gave me her old Kyocera Phantom lol ( really miss it because it spun on tables so well lol) because she decided to get herself the very first blackberry that had just come out. I HATE that thing. It was hideous, bulky, disgusting, hard to navigate, I told myself i'll NEVER own a BB.

After the phantom I went to a brick phone, It was a kyocera or Motorola ( I loved it cause the keys were so squishy they didn't make noise when I would text, so the teachers hardly caught me ), then a Motorola flip phone (it had some weird blue rubbery cover)

Then one day we went to the US Cellular store and the Kyocera strobe had JUST arrived and I was WOWed by the full keyboard (this was around the time full keyboard phones cost a fortune, now theyre a dime a dozen) it was reasonably priced and I loved that it was shaped like a peanut. But the camera sucked, it froze a lot, and the buttons were hard to press. So I jumped onto the RAZR band-wagon and got a red razr <3 P.O.S. lol hands down. Though at the time I was really cool cause razrs were all the rage.

Then that xmas I got my all-time fav phone, the RAZR 2. I loved how sleek and sexy it was, it fit well in my pocket, big keyboard, nice screen, GREAT CAMERA. My fav feature HAD to be you could close the phone and you can see yourself in the outer screen and take a picture I MISS THAT FEATURE MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF lol when I had the razr2 i probably had about 200 myspace photos lol so easy to take them and send them

Well the razr 2 broke.. A LOT. I sent it away 3 times, each time it would break again. ( I don't know about you, but everytime I get a loner phone its a POS. I got some samsung flip... that was BROWN and had a football theme to it.... whenever my friends get loners... their loners are BETTER than their actual phone. sucks)

Well after much complaining on my part, US Cellular agreed to give me a used phone for free. Well the guy was like we have two to choose from, he brought out some white Kyocera brick phone (which I actually considered for a moment) and the Samsung Delve.. and I said to him "LOL which do you think?" The samsung delve was in PERFECT condition. I fell in love instantly. I still miss the huge display, but the internet sucked (us cellular doesnt have 3g where I live >_> BUT ITS COMING IN AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!) and it was borderline MASSIVE. I was always paranoid it would break. Well a few months later one of my mom's clients gave her her old red pearl to see if my dad wanted it. As soon as I saw it I stole it and hid it in my room lol. I charged it everday and used all the other features like the tasks memos and calendars. (which really helped with school work) I would have pretend phone convos on it (which my dad found hilarious) and my dad gave in (he doesnt have a need for a smart phone regardless, he likes his samsung flip) and let me have it lol I was SOOOOOO stoked! I was INLOVE with my pearl it was cute, compact, and very helpful, and VERY sturdy, which is something I needed. Well about a month later, it started falling apart, and I started to realized why the lady GAVE it to us for FREE. Half the back lights in the key board didn't work. (which wasnt a problem till it was dark out...) the roller ball would fall out spontaneously and it would freeze.

So I took it to US Cellular and they wouldn't replace it because no damage had been done - it was just normal wear and tear. I was PISSED my mom had left her curve in the RAIN and they replaced it no questions asked... but they wouldnt replace mine for normal wear and tear? (Im VERY good to my phones)

So after much arguing with my mom we went to the US Cellular store and looked at the Blackberrys. They had the curve, the flip, and the pearl (in some hideous purple color). Well I would NEVER have the curve... too bulky and hard to type on IMO. And I had already had the pearl, so I decided to try the flip, If I didn't like it, I could trade it in, so no loss?

Well I LOVE the screen. Crystal clear and fully protected cause its a flip. Nice and compact, and I LOVE the new OS on it. (4.6) It does just about everything the Curve can do, but at the nice small size of a pearl

It kinda has the same look that my RAZR2 had (only you cant take pictures with the outer screen ): ):, i will forever miss that!) but with the smarts of a BB.

I am thoroughly please. When my contract expires on this one, I would like to get the storm, hands down, I LOVE touchscreens (it makes me feel so cool and high tech, we all know smart phones are just an extension of ones ego)but since RIM is an a s s, I can't, they sold the rights to Verizon. (the CEO of us cell went to court and is now fighting a battle to have the storm be available to all phone services, as well as the iPhone, I personally don't think its fair. Companies holding the rights to a phone allows them to jack the prices sky-high)

I love US Cell because the costumer service is fantastic and theyve always been very helpful to me. Plus, their prices are uber reasonable.

but yeah. BB all the way. I thank my fickleness for leading me to them

best part? FB and APPS!!!!

iphones can S a D.
    07-29-09 05:15 PM
    If anyone reads that entire wall of text, ill give them a dollar
    07-29-09 05:16 PM
    I want my dollar!!!

07-29-09 06:45 PM
    If anyone reads that entire wall of text, ill give them a dollar
    I want my dollar!!
    07-29-09 06:46 PM
    Lol I read it all and actually found it interesting lol.

07-29-09 09:17 PM
    lol k 3 dollars then sometimes I ramble.

and thanks IowaGuyBB <3
    07-30-09 02:04 AM
    lol k 3 dollars then sometimes I ramble.

and thanks IowaGuyBB <3
    U can ramble all U want; I take my dollars seriously!
    07-30-09 02:38 AM
    The reason I got blackberry was because I bought a Sidekick lx 2009 and it crashed on me after two days. So I decide to take it back and got a blackberry because it was cheaper and had better specs then the sidekick. I think I made the right decide I have been hooked to my blackberry since day one.
    07-30-09 04:00 AM
    I have an online business and needed a credit card authorization app for my phone. I needed it so I can process a purchase in public instead of suggesting that person to go online and make a purchase there(good way to loose a customer). I decided to get my 1st Blackberry when I found out that Sprint had partnered with a company called AIRCHARGE for a credit card authorization app for a few Motorolas, Sanyos, and Blackberries. The good part is the app is compatible to my existing merchant account. My Palm Centro wasn't compatible, so I upgraded to a Curve 8330. I'm sooo glad I did. I love my BB, the MMS feature is fantastic.
    My husband thinks I downgraded because the Curve doesn't have a touchscreen. It's his loss. He wants the STORM, but Verizon have them.
    07-30-09 09:50 AM
    Work three years ago it was mandatory..lol Now I cant imagine being without one..lol
    07-30-09 10:04 AM
    I got mine because it was red.
    07-30-09 12:08 PM
357 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD