Let me set it off...

You know what really grinds my gears?

Men who use the bathroom and then quickly rinse the fingertips they held their junk with under water for half a second and feel like it's now clean. Why not take another 20 seconds to use soap and wash both hands?

You know what else grinds my gears?

Big people who squeeze in the empty seat next to you on the train when they know there's not enough room. Then give you dirty looks like it's your fault. Why not just stand for 10 min?

Another thing that grinds my gears is when I have to pay a bottle deposit for buying beer, yet I recycle!! When do I get my deposit back?
    12-04-08 12:36 AM
    You know what really grinds my gears when there's a family guy thread and someone opens up another one based on a line from family guy. Lol J/K

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 01:45 AM
    You bringing up bathrooms reminds me of something...

when I am in a public bathroom...and I am the only person in there...and someone comes in...and takes the stall right NEXT to me....and there are like, 6 other stalls open...and they go right next to me!!!!
    12-04-08 02:15 AM
    I hate that!!!! Like seriously! Go somewhere else!

12-04-08 02:17 AM
    Me too!

A lot of things grind my gears;
    Like when you're on the train or the bus and there's heaps of empty seats, and someone will either sit right next to or right behind you. ****s me.
    I also hate tourists (even though my work is kinda dependent on them; lol.)
    I hate people who walk slowly.
    I hate people who get in the way.
    I hate people who take ages to buy a train ticket/use the self-checkout/order something/get out of the way.
    I hate people who spend ages standing in line putting all their change back in their wallet/bag/purse while a huge line waits for them to move.
    I hate people who wear their sunglasses inside (especially at my work; people have to come through airport security - meaning they HAVE to take them off for security, so they consciously made the decision to put them back on indoors).
    I hate customers who are rude/disrespectful to me.
    I hate customers who think being a customer means they can insult/scream/throw things at me/make a scene.
    I hate people who leave their rubbish all over my counters and benches when there is a large, highly-visible bin less than 1m away.
    I hate people who have never been, or hardly ever, go through airport security and refuse to take off necklaces/rings/bags through the X-Ray then get ****ty and hold up the entire line while they take everything off and go through, usually setting it off again.
    I hate rascists/homophobes/etc.
    I hate rude/bitchy people.
    I hate people who talk on the phone when im trying to serve them; and usually go 'HANGON THE PERSON IS INTERRUPTING ME'. DONT GET IN MY BLOODY LINE IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE INTERRUPTED.
    I hate people who stand in my line for ages then finally get to the front and go 'uhmm, ahh, i dont know - whats good?' then uhm and ahh some more then pay for their order in 10c, 20c, 50c, and $1 coins. Rahh.
    I hate overzealous managers who keep inventing policies, threatening us and attempting to make us do things that are clearly listed as being not permitted in our contracts.
    I hate people who listen to their music really really loud on iPods.
    I hate people who listen to their music out loud on their phones even more.
    I hate people who talk through movies.
    I hate people who can't find somewhere to sit and stay there; and keep moving around (especially in the movies, on the train etc)
    I hate older people who are disrespectful or rude to me just because im a student.
    I hate strangers who give me lectures.
    I hate people who make things up and ***** about you.

I had a hard day today; sorry for my big rant.
    Hahahahaha;
    12-04-08 02:45 AM
    Breathe. Hope you feel better. Gotta love dealing with the public. I hated that. And I agree with almost everything you said.

I hate when someone is asking a question but they tell a huge long story first. Either get to the point or talk faster, I can keep up.

12-04-08 02:53 AM
    I hate followers***people who can't think for themselves.
    Use your brain and stop trying to be popular*liked by others!

I would like to deliver a "virtual b***h slap" to them.

Last edited by travelqueen; 12-04-08 at 06:24 AM.
    12-04-08 06:19 AM
    Lol I saw the FG thread after I posted...

Blakkee, I hate a lot of those things too! I thought you lived in NYC for a sec there.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Men who wear scarfs indoors! What's the point? Are you trying to make a fashion statement? Or are you just trying to keep your adams apple warm? I don't get it!

Also kids who wear bright colored skinny jeans and sags them!! That's disgusting, skinny jeans were not meant to hang off your ****.

You know what else grinds my gears? Men who wear white athletic socks with their slacks and black dress shoes, cmon now if you can afford to buy slacks you can spend $3 on some black socks.
    12-04-08 09:07 AM
    You know what Grinds my Gears
    1. When in the grocery store and the cashier closes the lane right when you get there.

2. When sitting in traffic and you're barely monving and another person speeds up right next to you and tries to squeeze right in front of you.

3. I hate cell phone companys that rush out a product that they know is crap and then take FOREVER to fix it.

4. I hate people who don't do what they say.

I need to go see my shrink bye.
    12-04-08 09:21 AM
    Oh well that's why restaurants like subway have signs that say IF YOU ARE ON THE PHONE GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE

12-04-08 10:42 AM
    What grinds my gears my gears are LIBERALS.

I have friends who are Democrats (US) and Liberal (Canada) and are not necessarily whacked out 'liberals'.

A liberal is someone who believes that government is the best solution. They can only get into a political discussion by calling names and becoming irrational. They blame other people for their problems and always play the victim role. Liberals as a group are the most judgemental, close minded people I have ever met. Liberals like to use the word 'HATE' alot.

I bet 'BLAAKEE' who posted along this thread is a 'liberal' because he/she hates everything!!!

When I worked in MA (near Boston) I overhead a political discussion with some friends and mentioned I was a conservative. Their response was I thought I liked you, and I can't listen to anything you say anymore.

Conservatives are not automatically members of the religious right. Most conservatives want to be individuals, want to control their own destiny and not be accused of being politically in-correct
    12-04-08 01:10 PM
    what REALLY grinds my gears is when someone rides my *** on the freeway when all the other lanes are clear!!
    12-04-08 01:13 PM
    What Grinds My Gears

I hate when a person/persons won't work for fear that they will do more work than you.
    12-04-08 02:15 PM
    I hate when people say they wanna be rich and everything but they're lazy as ****
    12-04-08 02:18 PM
    I hate when people just don't listen and then ask you the same question over and over and over!!!!!
    12-04-08 02:33 PM
    My pet peeve is parents with their battering rams, err mobile oppression carts, err demon seed transporters, err heh.... I mean strollers.

Disneyland is loaded with them and I truly fear for my life. I've been hit in every part of the body with the damn things, it's tiring. Working there doesn't help either, I can walk down main street with enough room on either side to land a 747 wearing my uniform and the dicks will decide it's fun to swerve right into my path and aim for me until I jump out of the way..

I was scared walking through a hotel one day when this massive stroller suddenly zoomed out of nowhere, or was I being sucked into it's gravitational pull? This thing was so wide, could seat 3 across in it! I think it has it's own emergency chute if it shall fall to earth or something, good grief.... Saw it three days in a row, was pure trauma.

Why do they all act like they are entitled to ram through a crowd with them and smash your ankles/shins? Stay home for christs sake if you have to cause physical harm to people like that.

PS: if you forget your stroller somewhere there and I find it, you aren't going to find it at the lost and found. #1, we get so many abandoned and broken strollers (3 in one night in the parking structure alone) they are immediately sent to the packer. For most, it's cheaper to buy a $30 stroller down the street then junk it rather then pay extra on the plane. #2: you aim for mine and others ankles, adios. A stroller bigger then a hummer H2 with the hummer name on the side (wth?) Abandoned was perfect to throw *crunch* *pop* muhahaha.

I've known people in stores that stroller menaces use them as mobile terror platforms, from shoplifting to blockades for limited edition merchandise or just because that strangely empty near a door with a sign "please do not block, employee use only" must be a good place to park your 3/4 ton quad axle 4X4 limited slip differential mobile terrorist "little tike" commando platform near. Huh....

They are so worried about a wmd splitting sleepy beauty castle in half or a dirty diape, err bomb being dumped on main street yet let a ankle annihilator through the checkpoints and ticket gate even

My next question? Do we see them as fully contained units built on top of a battery powered retrofitted pallet jack?

Oh no, I've said too much and let that idea out......

12-04-08 03:30 PM
    My clumsy nature grinds my gears. Today, I was heating up a bent passenger foot peg mount for a vintage Triumph with a torch when the frame began to fall over. Instead of grabbing it where it wasn't red hot, I tipped it with my finger as I fumbled around.

Burnt fingertips aren't fun or productive.

12-04-08 04:48 PM
    My pet peeve is parents with their battering rams, err mobile oppression carts, err demon seed transporters, err heh.... I mean strollers.

Disneyland is loaded with them and I truly fear for my life. I've been hit in every part of the body with the damn things, it's tiring. Working there doesn't help either, I can walk down main street with enough room on either side to land a 747 wearing my uniform and the dicks will decide it's fun to swerve right into my path and aim for me until I jump out of the way..
    I LOVE YOU! I thought I was the only Disney Stroller magnet.

I had a lady that kept bumping her buggy into me (no kid in it and she was lucky), I turned around and kicked it, and said if you ram that thing into me one more time, your husband will have to pull it out of your rear end. Her husband ask if there was a problem, and I said yes, "The BLEEP Censored Save the children BLEEP, you married can't see that there are people in front of her, while she's pushing a stroller, so either take it from her, buy her some glasses or have her walk three paces behind you." He looked at her, looked at the stroller and took it from her. Saw them later that day and he was still pushing it.

The last time I visited DW, I wore a t-shirt that had on the back... "If you bump be with your baby buggy I will kick you."

12-04-08 09:44 PM
    People who can't use the word 'literally' correctly. I hate that and want to punch the person in the mouth upon hearing it.
    12-04-08 09:52 PM
    What grinds my gears my gears are LIBERALS.

I have friends who are Democrats (US) and Liberal (Canada) and are not necessarily whacked out 'liberals'.

A liberal is someone who believes that government is the best solution. They can only get into a political discussion by calling names and becoming irrational. They blame other people for their problems and always play the victim role. Liberals as a group are the most judgemental, close minded people I have ever met. Liberals like to use the word 'HATE' alot.

I bet 'BLAAKEE' who posted along this thread is a 'liberal' because he/she hates everything!!!

When I worked in MA (near Boston) I overhead a political discussion with some friends and mentioned I was a conservative. Their response was I thought I liked you, and I can't listen to anything you say anymore.

Conservatives are not automatically members of the religious right. Most conservatives want to be individuals, want to control their own destiny and not be accused of being politically in-correct
    I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.
    12-04-08 10:49 PM
    A bunch of grumpy people in this thread

12-04-08 11:01 PM
    I'm a bridal consultant/wedding planner, so most of this is bride/wedding related. My co-workers are fab (we all have our days, but...no biggie), so no issues with them.

What gets me troubled?

• Late Appointments
      If you have an appt to meet with me at 12:00, be there...at 12:00. Or, call and let me know you're running late. You're not the only appt. I have. If you're coming from Canada, leave early. Allow time to get across the border.
    • Folks with Baby Strollers
      Baby strollers rolled across the bottoms of $5,000 dresses is not cool. Respect store property. Look where you're going, or better yet don't bring babies to the bridal salon. I don't hate babies...I'm just sayin'.
    • No Appointments
      The, "Well, we just drove all the way from Timbuktu! We didn't know we needed an APPOINTMENT!!!!" folks. Why would you show up at a bridal salon, on a Saturday, with no appt? Why would you drive a long distance, without calling first? Perhaps the salon is under construction, or closed for some reaon. Or, maybe we're booked up and don't have time/space for you. Sheesh!
    • The Friend Posse
      The brides-to-be that have to bring every friend they have, along for the dress search. The friends who just got married are really great — they know EVERYTHING (more than I do), and they love to interject their opinions and newly acquired "knowledge". They're a "one wedding wonder", but they know it all.
    • The Folks Who Have No Intention of Buying
      This is one of my top work "peeves". The bride, who lives in New York, is getting married in...New York, but wants to bond with her mother, in Michigan, by trying on gowns. So, I get to spend 2 hours with a woman, who will actually BUY her gown from Kleinfeld's, in New York. In the meantime, 2-3 last minute wedding brides, who need to buy a gown from me get passed on to someone else. Oh happy day!

I love my job! Bridal is in my blood. Seriously. But I've never run into more inconsiderate, selfish, emotionally draining, clueless folks, than I have since I started working in the wedding industry.

I have been tempted, more than once, to corner an unsuspecting groom-to-be and say, "Now look, you do NOT have to do this! Run, cuz what's coming down the road is a terrible, terrible thing. Trust me".
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 12-04-08 at 11:17 PM. Reason: omitted word
    12-04-08 11:16 PM
    Every single friggin thread in the CrackBerry Rehab forum. Just
    rampant and abject stupidity.
    12-05-08 01:29 AM
    Customers on cell phones who get to the front of the line and still talking away.
    Customers who tell you that their drink is cold when it is 160degrees!
    Customers who order let's say a "tall latte" and then proceed around to the bar and are like "can I have that with soya milk, extra hot, 2 pumps of hazelnut and easy whip?".... Argh!

12-05-08 01:50 AM
    My Biggest Grind

People who claim to be your friend and know danm well they don't give 2 ****s about you. Could care less if you hurt or having a bad day. However when they need something from you there right there in you face. And don't turn them away cause all **** will break loose if you don't give them what they want.
    12-05-08 11:34 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD