Background information - we've been dating almost 13 months, she's 18, I'm 20.

So my girlfriend went away to school 10+ hours away two weeks ago, and she already transferred home because it was too far. While she WAS there, she would text/call me constantly saying how much she missed me, missed home, and how all she did was cry. She then tells me the other day that she just talked to her mom, and she is coming home because she can't do the whole semester there. Then, she starts texting me saying how she thinks we should take a "break", so she can have some space because she's not sure what she wants to do, or if she wants to date me. I talked to her just before and she said her mom made her realize that I'm holding her back from achieving her goals, and she said "my mom said you're holding me back, and I really believe her". She said she's "done" with the dating "scene", and she just wants to do her own thing - but she was quick to say that she doesn't want to date anyone else, she just doesn't want to date.

Anyway, she said we'll talk about this tomorrow in person. Is this going to be a talk where she just gives me stuff back, or does it sound like she wants to actually talk it out? One thing she's always saying is how I "*****" if she hangs out with her friends - which is completely false - how can I make her see that? Is there any way to save this relationship? It seems stupid to just throw away a 13 month relationship because of something her mom sad. I don't understand how one day (when she was away at school), she was in "love" with me, but then she transfers home and all of a sudden everything falls apart.
    01-18-11 10:30 PM
    she's probably getting pressure from her family because they think/know that the reason she came home was in part because of her missing you and that she has wasted a good opportunity (in their minds). her coming to talk to you is probably just that, for her to tell you in more detail of what her mom has made her realize and to possibly retrieve some of her stuff as well as bring you back yours. if you're lucky you'll get some decent break up sexx. now, if it was truly meant to be that you two be together, then she'll come back. if not, man up and go bang her best friend!
    01-19-11 09:32 AM
    You both are young. Go out and enjoy life.
    I think she sounds immature to be saying her mom says.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 12:48 PM
    if you're lucky you'll get some decent break up sexx. now, if it was truly meant to be that you two be together, then she'll come back. if not, man up and go bang her best friend!
    Great advise.

Life is too short to get hung up on someone at your age. Get out and have some fun. When you are about 25 to 30, then start thinking about a long term relationship.
    01-19-11 02:47 PM
    She said she's "done" with the dating "scene", and she just wants to do her own thing - but she was quick to say that she doesn't want to date anyone else, she just doesn't want to date.
    Ha! Good choice of words. I wonder how long she was working on that sentence before she brought it up. The whole "break" thing is bulls**t. Women don't take breaks. Sorry to "break" it to you, but when we start talking about a "break", that means we are already done, and all we are trying to do is to "break" it to you softly.
    01-19-11 04:23 PM
    You're screwed!

Don't waste you breath. It doesn't matter what you say to her she will do the whole it isn't you it's me thing. If you keep going at her after that she will only go from that to an argument and pointing out your faults.
    Might as well get the last word in now and just call her and say....
    "We might as well not meet because I think you are right. It just isn't working for me either"

This way you still have your pride and it makes you feel better thinking you dumped her
    01-19-11 04:44 PM
    Dude, just accept that most girls under 30 never know what they want. And if her fam is against you dating right now, your life will be a living **** if you try.
    Not gonna try and tell you what to do about it, I don't know the exact situation. But whatever happens will work out.
    Just don't pull some dumb a bullcrap "dump her before she dumps you" stuff - whatever happens happens, just roll with the punches and keep on rockin.
    PS - if a breakup happens, I'll send you some good heavy tunes.
    01-19-11 06:43 PM
    Dude, just accept that most girls under 30 never know what they want. And if her fam is against you dating right now, your life will be a living **** if you try.
    Not gonna try and tell you what to do about it, I don't know the exact situation. But whatever happens will work out.
    Just don't pull some dumb a bullcrap "dump her before she dumps you" stuff - whatever happens happens, just roll with the punches and keep on rockin.
    PS - if a breakup happens, I'll send you some good heavy tunes.

Now I didn't exactly say DUMP HER.... i said agree with her and save some pride .

I think from OP original post it's pretty clear what the girlfriend is saying... Even if it is sugar coated.
    01-19-11 08:28 PM
    Now I didn't exactly say DUMP HER.... i said agree with her and save some pride .

I think from OP original post it's pretty clear what the girlfriend is saying... Even if it is sugar coated.
    Oh - I actually didn't see your post SA, I just responded to the OP - but yeah, it does look like I was referring to your comment. I was actually speaking from past experience - in hs I thought this girl was gonna dump me, so I dumped her - turns out she wasn't, so I felt a fool.

Your totally right - if she wants to end it and you don't want to, she's far more likely to change her mind later if you don't do all that begging and pleading stuff - most girls don't like that crap ime.

Again, don't take my word for it - I'm just some dumb a on a BlackBerry forum
    01-19-11 08:34 PM
    She's 18. Enough said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 11:23 PM
    I have to agree with some of the posters on here; she's young, and most likely does not know what she wants. What woman does?

I see that the talk you two scheduled has already passed, but regardless, my advice is to just roll with the outcome. If things work out, great. If they don't, it's not the end of the world. You had a life before her, and you can have one after as well.

P.S. Should things not work out, take the high road and don't try to get some kind of "revenge." In my opinion, the biggest payback you can dish out is showing that you can be just as happy without them as you were with them.
    01-20-11 03:38 AM
    In my opinion, the biggest payback you can dish out is showing that you can be just as happy without them as you were with them.
    right on! put on your game face, no matter how you feel inside, and let her see that she did not end your world!!! dude, women are like telephone poles- there's another one right down the road!! (just avoid the ones standing on the corners though....)
    01-20-11 10:03 AM
    nice............

dude, women are like telephone poles- there's another one right down the road!! (just avoid the ones standing on the corners though....)
    01-20-11 01:00 PM
    yeah, and don't stop to pee on each one. wait... that's dogs, right? or was it men? I always get the behavior confused.
    01-20-11 02:17 PM
    yeah, and don't stop to pee on each one. wait... that's dogs, right? or was it men? I always get the behavior confused.
    Many men are dogs. But thanks for the advice, I'll try to stop peeing on each one.
    01-20-11 03:09 PM
    Many men are dogs. But thanks for the advice, I'll try to stop peeing on each one.
    Well if you're a fan of doing that and try it enough, you'll probably eventually find one or more that likes it... lol
    01-20-11 11:59 PM
    is anyone else dying to know what happened or what was said?? c'mon lolreconlol.....don't leave us hanging!!!
    01-21-11 10:13 AM
    Yeah, what happened? Did you pull an emo because of it or bang the best friend?
    01-21-11 11:11 PM
    probably banged the best friend who was probably a guy that she banged too. hence the break.....jmo
    01-23-11 04:22 PM
    Recon is online right now, wonder why he hasn't responded?
    What're you up to bro?
    01-24-11 10:22 PM
    Recon is online right now, wonder why he hasn't responded?
    What're you up to bro?
    Hey everyone! I kinda forgot this thread was still around, sorry. But anyway, she came over and we "talked" - mainly her crying saying she wants to make it work but she can't right now, cause she's "so busy". Her main point was that she is too busy for a relationship at this point in her life, and there is no room for anyone in her life right now. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Edit - and sorry guys, there was no breakup sex involved.
    Last edited by lolreconlol; 01-24-11 at 10:33 PM.
    01-24-11 10:31 PM
    well at least you guys talked it out. now cowboy up and move on! and thanks for being a good sport about this thread brah....no harm was intended!
    01-25-11 09:45 AM
    Hmmm 18 and college.

I never met an 18 year old college student to busy to have fun. I guess they exist but I am not familiar with one.
    01-28-11 07:31 AM
    Hey everyone! I kinda forgot this thread was still around, sorry. But anyway, she came over and we "talked" - mainly her crying saying she wants to make it work but she can't right now, cause she's "so busy". Her main point was that she is too busy for a relationship at this point in her life, and there is no room for anyone in her life right now. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Too busy to INCLUDE you in her life seems like about it really. Unless her life is nothing but studying and writing papers, books, classes and sleep, with the odd min with food and hygiene, she will be finding time to relax and have fun, unless she is a total robot.

But that age old saying is true, if it's meant to be, it'll be. I know quite a few 20 to 30 years later couples, that have gotten back together, after kids, husbands and wives and "finding themselves". Just have to take their words for it that they are "finally happy".
    Last edited by BlkBear; 01-29-11 at 02:41 PM.
    01-29-11 02:38 PM

Knocked one outta the way; it just brings you that much closer to finding the girl that you're meant to be with.
    01-31-11 03:25 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD