What do I think about when I see someone using a berry? I think about how I probably know more about their phone than they do.

What do I think about when I see someone using more than one berry? I wonder what drugs they are selling or if they're cheating on someone lol joking...sort of

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 09:36 PM
    Random thoughts run through my mind, like wondering what kind of os they are running, what theme they have, how they set their icons up (regardless of my theme, my icons are lined up exactly the same way. yea I'll say it, "mild case of ocd" lol). O & I always look to see what they do w/ their phone; like if they are bored on the train or in a cafe, what apps they click on, games they play etc.... It's not that I don't have a life, as all this takes less than 3mins, but it's more of a curiosity thing.

02-07-10 10:40 PM
    We all need Crackberry stickers to put on the back of our phones so we could notice each other in real life! lol!
    02-07-10 10:48 PM
    It's funny this topic was brought up, because this just happened to me over the weekend.

I was at the bowling alley (observing) & one of the women in the group that was bowling in front of my seat, pulled out her 8330 to check something. Since I already had my Tour out checking my BerryWeather (it sent me a weather advisory) I immediately said..."SO...you're a BlackBerry Addict as well, huh?" while I showed her my Tour.

Long story short, we chit chatted for a little while, about our BlackBerries, life in general, but never exchanged our PINS. That's OK though.

Moral of this story is: whenever I see someone who has a BlackBerry, I use that as an "icebreaker" to start a conversation.

At least she has good taste in phones, so that's a plus!
    02-07-10 11:09 PM
    I always try to see what model the BlackBerry is. I even noticed the BlackBerrys and the use of BBM in the movie Up in the Air. So I guess I love BlackBerrys if I even notice them in movies, not just in real life.
    02-07-10 11:28 PM
    When I see someone else that has a BB first thing that pops in my mind is "blackberry.!" From there I usually try ta see what kinda phone; like everyone are they using it to there full potential; I can't really judge simply cause I'll admit my phone is still complete stock xcept for like two apps downloaded.ehm' worrkkn' on it jstt afraid something miqht happen to it. Hehe. Other then that; I have two roommates who both hav BB's also and they've had there's longer then me, and sadly they don't use there's to thee full potential I try talkkn' to them bout it; buhh I dk its a lost cause but one of them I'm soon to break his now thinkkn' bout joinin CB; simply cause I talkk about 24/7 when he's around hehe

02-08-10 02:08 AM
    i guess most people will see what kind of model others used, if others use the same model as me, that will be ok, if people use the new model, i must see clearly
    02-08-10 02:12 AM
    I think, "Ha, ha, ha. My ?BlackBerry is better than yours!" I have a 9700 and there is no better ?BlackBerry!

Is that childish? Oh, well...

02-09-10 06:53 PM
    I think.... ahhh... its my brother from another mother... unless its a woman... then... I think "SWEET"
    02-09-10 07:54 PM
    I see a lot of BB users and I just think they have good taste. ! I have been in a store waiting on something and have had people come up to me and ask how I like it and then start asking me things. I think some people like to hear what a BB user thinks.
    02-10-10 12:00 AM
    When I see BBs on campus, they are usually the older ones, like old Pearls and Curves, and look pretty beat up, hand-me-downs from the 'rents? I don't know. But I always think "awesome! That person has class."

02-10-10 09:58 PM
    whenever i see someone using a blackberry, i try my hardest to figure out what kind they have without actually asking them. for some reason i just HAVE to know what kind of berry they're using, i dont know why it bugs me so much

i also try to see what kind of person they are, either a business person or consumer.... its seems like there are ALOT of consumer blackberry users, so the stigma that blackberry is only for professionals is not true
    I have had a lot of people ask if they can look at my phone and against their belief, I have to insist to them that it's an old model. I guess the 8800 is not iconic enough for people to remember it, and yet its still sexy enough to peak their interests *shrug*

When I see a Berry I instantly recognise the series.

I have observed that the happiest berry-absorbed users tend to have an 870x, while the most consciously posing users tend to have a 9000. I don't know what this means, but I suggest that the berry-absorbed people don't care for the hassle of upgrading.
    02-10-10 10:20 PM
    I was at my grandpa's house and my uncle was there. He pulled out his phone and to my surprise it was a bb. I said "Oh cool you have a blackberry too!! " We started comparing what apps we have on our phones. I was so excited to see my uncle with a berry!!

02-22-10 11:50 PM
    Look to the model, and realize that they dont know how to use it. I already heard: "uh? This thing can receive email???"

Crazy -_-

02-22-10 11:56 PM
    Oh gosh, why bother figuring out what berry model they have. I just ask if I can have their PIN and add them to my BBM. LOL
    02-23-10 01:48 AM
    Jealousy , if they have a better model than me ,

then curiosity : what they do with it , what apps they have , whats their wallpaper , what OS they're running , do they use bbm , if they do , would they add me ? What songs/vids/pics they have on their bb , are they obsessed with it ? do they make the most of it , whilst I'm watching them and seeing them using their bb , what they are doing on it at the moment ?
    02-23-10 04:43 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD