whenever i see someone using a blackberry, i try my hardest to figure out what kind they have without actually asking them. for some reason i just HAVE to know what kind of berry they're using, i dont know why it bugs me so much

i also try to see what kind of person they are, either a business person or consumer.... its seems like there are ALOT of consumer blackberry users, so the stigma that blackberry is only for professionals is not true
    02-07-10 03:25 PM
    I'm the same way, I try to figure out what model someone has. I guess it's the Crackberry in us Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 03:51 PM
    Alwats what model. I often ask if the circumstance comes even close to allowing such.

02-07-10 04:19 PM
    I always first think about if they are up to snuff with the latest updates especially with the OS and BBM and especially if they have one of the newer devices. I mean why have the latest and greatest if you are only going to run lowest and slowest version software no?
    02-07-10 04:24 PM
    I just wonder if (and hope) they know how to use it to its potential. Or are they just using it because they thought it was pretty.
    02-07-10 04:27 PM
    I look and see what model they got....

02-07-10 04:28 PM
    I honestly don't notice. You people need to get a life!
    02-07-10 04:31 PM
    Why, because we have a random thought when we see a BB? It's not like we're out stalking people. And yet you're posting on CrackBerry? Pot, meet kettle.
    02-07-10 04:33 PM
    Shh you xD
    I usually pull out mine, even if it is someone else with any random phone looking at it, I pull out mine and look. xD
    I like to try and figure it out, but usually I can tell by a glance. I don't need to know the exact number, but if it's a storm or curve err whatever.
    02-07-10 04:34 PM
    i notice! i try to identify the model and carrier. Then i stare and try to see what theme they're using and listen for the alert sounds. If i can sneak a longer look i try to see what font and size they use. i look at those thing just to compare and maybe improve my BlackBerry setup.

On the plane last week the man next to me had an 8330, VZW. i got shy looking to see what theme because he noticed me looking and prob thought i was looking at personal info!

i wondered why he didn't have a Tour and why he used an MP3 player for music and not his BlackBerry. When i got my Tour out i was hoping he'd say, "Hey, look! BlackBerry too!" But i'm the only nerd that i know who does that. Ya, i have. Ha.

Also, i wish someone at an airport would notice and ask if i know CrackBerry! Then i could tell them i'm a mod and give them my autograph! Lol. However...no one cares!

02-07-10 04:38 PM
    Why, because we have a random thought when we see a BB? It's not like we're out stalking people. And yet you're posting on CrackBerry? Pot, meet kettle.
    i stalk other BlackBerrys! Ha

02-07-10 04:40 PM
    Well, do you have the same thoughts when you see someone wearing a pair of Nike's, or when someone is wearing a Polo shirt? And wtf does posting on Crackberry have to do with anything?
    02-07-10 04:42 PM
    If i see someone with Teva sandals, a Subaru Outback or something i'm into i look and smile. Or yell, "we match" by mistake sometimes. Is that so wrong? :y

02-07-10 04:50 PM
    Really? Did you happen to notice what forum you're on? You need a life as much as we do!
    Yeah I notice when someone else is using a BB. Sometimes I'll strike up a conversation with the person. It's sad that most people don't really know what these phones can really do. My fiancee has had an 8110 for longer than I've had my Storm. She was the one that kinda talked me into getting a BB but she doesn't do as much with hers as I do with mine.
    02-07-10 04:53 PM
    Yeah. When I see someone in the same model mustang and the top down, I wave. If they are wearing World Industries shoes, I look at them. If the person is a hot girl in a mustang, I wave regardless of the year/make xD
    02-07-10 04:54 PM
    Whenever I'm out, and bored. I try to guess phone model, and service provider. If its a berry, and the person looks like they are friendly I'll talk about phones with them. There has been so many people that I have mentioned crackberry to that hasn't known what it was. I don't think even half of the blackberry users out there use their phone to their full potential.

02-07-10 04:55 PM
    Meeting someone new is much easier when you can find a common link and Blackberry is an easy way to get a conversation started. I always notice what type of phone someone has. If it is something I have never seen or looks interesting I have no issue with attempting to strike up a conversation and asking them about their phone, what they like about it, etc. Thanks to that, I have a great life, sorry to hear you are missing out.
    02-07-10 05:24 PM
    i think "HA! one less iPhone, take that Steve Jobs!!" haha

i'm usually curious as to the model. While bartending/serving i even go to the point of telling people when they're "blinking." I don't get it how, people don't check their blackberry when its asking to be checked!!! Boggles my mind!
    02-07-10 06:39 PM
    I think "D@mn, they have good taste in phones"

02-07-10 07:10 PM
    I'm a bouncer at a night club, and i do like to notice who all has a Blackberry, i actually just like noticing peoples phone in general like seeing you all has smartphones, dumbphones, touchscreen phones, flip phones. I'm kinda a **** in my head cause i like to see when someone has a Storm 1 and think to myself haha i have a Storm 2 mines better lol.
    02-07-10 07:11 PM
    I usually just see what model they're using. That's about it. And if I can see the screen, I try to see if they're using a theme.
    02-07-10 07:30 PM
    I always try to see what model. I was on a trip last week and of the 12 of us who went out for dinner, 1 persoin had a dumbphone, the rest were berries! I was shocked. There were 8330's, Storms, a Tour and my 9700. Had the person on the plane on my way back ask which model I had because I had been watching movies for the whole 3 1/2 hour flight. He had a Bold 9000 and hates the battery life. Though he said he would rather deal with that and keep the larger Bold over the 9700. To each his own!

02-07-10 07:41 PM
    Well, do you have the same thoughts when you see someone wearing a pair of Nike's, or when someone is wearing a Polo shirt? And wtf does posting on Crackberry have to do with anything?
    You said people who notice other people's BB's need to get a life, and yet you take the time to register on CB to chat with other people you don't know about BB. So I was pointing out the hypocrisy of your derisive comment. That's "wtf" it has to do with anything.
    02-07-10 07:51 PM
    I always look to see what type of BB they have or any type of phone for that matter.
    02-07-10 07:56 PM
    I just got back from dinner, and my brother in law has an 8330. We were talking about our phones, then he pulled his out...stock theme, and no apps except for facebook. I tried to help him out, but he was happy how it was. What a waste of a berry.

02-07-10 08:05 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD