I have many friends here at CrackBerry and it pains me when they argue. I am really at a loss about what to do. I know many of them personally and I know that some things they say are misinterpreted. Sure, I suppose the best thing to do is stay out of it and mind my own business, but the peacemaker in me goes nuts when this happens. I want to say, come on guys knock it off! But then what would happen is everyone would get mad at me. What do you do when your friends argue? Do you take sides or just stay out of it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 01:45 PM
    Well, for one thing, my buddies here on cb are obviously very different from my close "real life" friends. When I see people argue on here, it doesn't honestly really affect me. When my real life friends argue, however, I find it imperative not to take sides. I stay out of it as much as possible, as when they finally make up, you're bound to be on the outs with the one you didn't side with.

11-28-08 01:47 PM
    thankfully, my friends don't really fight. i think we're all old enough now to deal with things a little better. of course, i don't know your friends situation, so maybe they have good reason to fight. if i were you, i would just stay out of it. they'll calm down after a while and realize their silly ways
    11-28-08 01:49 PM
    I would bash their heads together and tell them to STFU. J/K

I would just stay out of it as much as possible and let nature work its course (unless you see something extremely unfair). That way you still get to keep both friends and you don't have to deal with the drama. I've learned to stay out of the stupid, petty arguments and to only intervene when its vitally necessary.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 11-28-08 at 02:12 PM.
    11-28-08 02:10 PM
    You're all right, and for the most part, there is a difference between CB and real life. I generally stay out of stuff, but it still hard given my personality. Sometimes though, I have conversations with a couple CB friends that are as in depth as any I have with non-CB friends. I think a friendship developed on-line can be a close one. But it is a fact that if one takes sides, when the argument is over that person is singled out. Keep in mind I am not talking about a specific incident, this is just in general out of curiosity for what others think.

Last edited by exelant; 11-28-08 at 02:12 PM.
    11-28-08 02:10 PM
    I never really fought with any of my friends until I moved in with one. We were roomies for about 4 months and, well, things weren't working out and he starts a fight with me...I finish it. He calls the cops and next thing I know we're both in jail. That didn't work out so well.
    11-28-08 02:11 PM
    Yup, nothing like living with someone,

11-28-08 02:13 PM
    I place a bet with other friends on who is going to win. Can make money if you play your cards right.

11-28-08 05:19 PM
    I put five guns in a box, two are loaded but they dont know which one. They flip a coin to see who chooses first. After both have their selected weapon we have duel. Winner wins, loser dies. If they both live they have to forget the argument and go have a beer.
    11-28-08 07:53 PM
    But if both die - two loaded? Who pays for the funeral. I guess we could empty their wallets for the beer money. That way it wouldn't be a total loss,

11-28-08 08:49 PM
    I read the title and immediately thought, "grab a beer and watch the action." Good to see theirs others like me out there.

11-28-08 08:57 PM
    Physical fight? Let them fight. I'm not getting in between two people if I have no reason to be involved.

A stupid argument. Stay the **** out of it.
    11-28-08 10:35 PM
    Khelena, I was talking about online arguments between friends. My real life friends don't have physical fights with each other, lol. We grew out of that stuff years ago.

11-29-08 12:05 AM
    tell them to just tag him already so we can go find some beer
    11-29-08 10:59 PM
    I have many friends here at CrackBerry and it pains me when they argue. I am really at a loss about what to do. I know many of them personally and I know that some things they say are misinterpreted. Sure, I suppose the best thing to do is stay out of it and mind my own business, but the peacemaker in me goes nuts when this happens. I want to say, come on guys knock it off! But then what would happen is everyone would get mad at me. What do you do when your friends argue? Do you take sides or just stay out of it?
    Howdy Exelant,

I'd have to say stay out of it. Your friends are as smart as you are. They know that text on a forum can often be misinterpreted. I mean that's the nature of the internet. They will figure it out on their own. If not they are not as smart as you assumed them to be. People that can't see past their hurt feelings to see through something they may have misinterpreted, are not worth the effort in trying to make them see the light. So if these people are friends to each other, do not stick your nose in and try to "explain" what so and so meant to say. Let so and so do that.

If like you say, you step in and they get mad at you, then of course your friends are idiots. If they want to clear things up, all they have to do is ask. If their too proud to do so... well their idiots. So let the knuckle heads go at it. When they get tried of it, they will be best buddies again. If not, their ***** knuckle heads, but you still love them.
    11-30-08 10:30 AM
    So, you're talking about online arguments? LOL ok.
    Either way, stay out of it unless you need to be involved.
    11-30-08 10:19 PM
    Assumming these two friends fighting know you well enough, you should just pm both of them this thread and tell them how much it pains you. I seriously wouldn"t put much mind into it, it is the internet after all. Not like internet fights are $3r10u$ business.

12-01-08 03:17 AM
    ummm send someone for munchies and watch!
    12-01-08 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD