So I was doing some cleaning today and have a few old cell phones...whats the best way to get rid of these? I wasnt sure if you could just toss them or note..I have a few nokias an old sprint Kyocera/Palm smart phone a couple motorolas too...just curious what the best way to get rid of them was.

JC
    05-31-09 02:18 AM
    My family and I always send our old phones to cell phones for troops. You can look it up on google. Its a really really great program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 02:47 AM
    My family and I always send our old phones to cell phones for troops. You can look it up on google. Its a really really great program.

I was going to suggest that as well but ya beat me to it. Great program and good for you to donate to a great cause. In the words of O'Riely, "You are a Patriot"
    05-31-09 03:27 AM
    I alternate between cellphones for troops and there is also a group that collects old phones for abused women to have as an emergency phone

05-31-09 11:13 AM
    And if you go to the Sprint store, they have envelopes to send them in for recycling.

05-31-09 11:38 AM
    I've always recycled my old phones, the ones that I don't keep around for backups or traveling. You're not supposed to just toss them into the trash, because it's hazardous to the environment.

But sending them to the troops, that sounds better than recycling them. Thanks for that mention, I'll have to look it up.
    06-03-09 03:07 PM
    Most Carriers have access to one of the programs and can take your old phone for you. Verizon for example has a drop box in most of their stores that collects phones for the abused women program. You can also try to sell your old phones on ebay or craigslist, and when buying a new BB, you can use the BB Trade in program to get money back for 1 phone. It's also not a bad idea to have a backup phone in case something happens to the BB.
    06-03-09 03:15 PM
    So I was doing some cleaning today and have a few old cell phones...whats the best way to get rid of these? I wasnt sure if you could just toss them or note..I have a few nokias an old sprint Kyocera/Palm smart phone a couple motorolas too...just curious what the best way to get rid of them was.

JC

Send them to me - i'll use them, or craigslist em.
    06-03-09 03:15 PM
    My daughter inheireted my old voyager others get used as play phones for the younger 2

06-03-09 03:33 PM
    I too was going to suggest to donate them! That's a great concept instead of recycling them!

06-03-09 03:36 PM
    Keep them in storage boxes and drawers. Those things will be worth a fortune someday...

06-03-09 11:38 PM
    Donating them to the troops or to the National Domestic Violence Hotline are wonderful ideas. This way you are recycling the phone and doing a good service for someone in need.
    06-04-09 09:50 AM
    Well my first phone I broke it in half by slamming it on the ground! took it to sprint and they did away with it and gave me a new one. the next one I dropped in a cup of milk. left sprint and went to metroPieceOfS***. my first phone with them just gave out on me and i don't remember what i did with it. the second one i had for a while then i gave that to my mom and went to verizon where i got my first BB.
    06-04-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD